If anybody wants to see KC Ross-Miller play

I've never really looked at Taylor as a back-up for TMG, I always saw him as a combo and playing along side TMG with the departure of WW. I thought Cam is kind of a 2/3 tweener, and those were the reasons we were recruiting Ray McCallum. I guess if TMG got into foul trouble or injured you could slide him over to the 1 and put Cam at the 2, or Pledger could be the 2, but it doesn't hurt to have guard depth. Say TMG went down with an injury and then TJ got into foul trouble during a game, who plays the point then? But as Henzo said, Miller and his father want to go to a place to start.

It is no talk about Clark backing anybody up like it is about Taylor and its not about being sensitive its about a17yr old kid looking at someone allways talking like he would be a 3rd string player,it is obvious to me that u guys who talk of a backup guard for tmg has never seen Taylor play like i have.Taylor and Clark are competitors and it will be hard for someone to take a position from them.

So let's be realistic. Tony Crocker is gone. Willie Warren is gone. We have Cade davis, Steve Pledger, TMG, and Clark coming in competing for time at the three guard lineup. Now we have Taylor. Is it realistic for us to think Taylor is going to beat out TMG? no. Is he going to beat out a guy like Pledger who will be a second year player in Capel's system? Probably not. Is Cade Davis going to give up a starting spot? Highly unlikely. So behind those guys we have Taylor who can fill in to back up TMG or can move over to play the two, offensively. If they do the things they do with Crocker with Clark, you can move Taylor in a lineup with Davis and TMG. Taylor's biggest assest is his on ball defense which will alone help him get PT. Now that being said, is there room on OU's roster for a guy you can groom along with Taylor as a backup pg? Of course there is. And like I said, Taylor seems to be a competitor. I've met him and he's a good young dude. If he didn't shy away from OU recruiting Zeigler, McCallum, and Lamb, all guys that can fit the mode of combo guard, I doubt he's going to shy away from a guy like Ross-Miller who definetely has less game than those guys.

I've never really looked at Taylor as a back-up for TMG, I always saw him as a combo and playing along side TMG with the departure of WW. I thought Cam is kind of a 2/3 tweener, and those were the reasons we were recruiting Ray McCallum. I guess if TMG got into foul trouble or injured you could slide him over to the 1 and put Cam at the 2, or Pledger could be the 2, but it doesn't hurt to have guard depth. Say TMG went down with an injury and then TJ got into foul trouble during a game, who plays the point then? But as Henzo said, Miller and his father want to go to a place to start.
We're in the same boat this year in regards to the PG position with WW being the only scholarship back up PG on campus. I am confident TJ can be a good spot time PG (while contributing on the wing), from the couple times I've seen TJ in person he has good handles and good instincts. Plus he seems like the type of kid who isn't afraid to get his nose dirty on defense and working hard. Unless we just get stuck with a horrible injury I don't see why just having Taylor and TMG won't be enough to get through the year. I also think Pledger played some PG in either AAU or High School, so I think he might be the worse case scenario.

Taylor is our back-up PG next year in my opinion. He will probably get about 8 minutes a game in that role and probably a few more in the other guard position. I think just about everyone knows that. The reason we may want another PG is if we think TJ is ultimately going to be playing shooting guard. I don't think anyone on here thinks Ross-Miller is nearly as good as Taylor. I think the fact that Capel never went hard at Ross-Miller after we got TJ Taylor probably indicates that Capel feels confident in Taylor abilities to be a back-up PG.

KC's father listed his son's top 12 at this time over on one of the national boards:

Nevada,UCLA,OK,OK St,Ol Miss,Va,Fl St,FIU,Baylor,Cincy,UNC-Charlotte,Wichita St

Back