If I could request any classic OU game...

ben

Reaction score
...from Arena or anyone who would mind upping it...

The OU-KU big 12 championship game in 2002 when jabahri, hollis, and ace wrecked house up in Kansas City.

I think this game alone should be shown to every OU team (not just this team) to show them how great OU can be once it develops a fearless attitude.

...from Arena or anyone who would mind upping it...

The OU-KU big 12 championship game in 2002 when jabahri, hollis, and ace wrecked house up in Kansas City.

I think this game alone should be shown to every OU team (not just this team) to show them how great OU can be once it develops a fearless attitude.

WHAT A GAME! I would love to relive it. Also from the same season, how about when we owned the NCAA champs Maryland by 25 at home? What a pleasure it was to watch Hollis and that sweet shot! The dude just ripped the nets!

One of, if not the best, defensive performances I've ever seen. JB was a beast inside that day.

I still say OU wins the NC that year if not for the injuries.

Haha we should just request the whole season. every game. come on Arena!!! At UCONN, Mizzou at home, the at KU loss which we made a game in the final minutes, Maryland game, Louisiana Tech OT game, Texas OT game we won IN AUSTIN, the Xavier/Arizona/Mizzou NCAA wins....so many great moments.

I'd like to see that big 12 title game against Texas when we got down huge in the first and ended up winning something like 63-37. lol

you mean this game right?
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQgAKd48HJU[/ame]

i guess we only won this one by a few....I'm trying to think of the game you are talking about....

Last edited:
It's possible I am confusing multiple different games in my mind, who knows. I looked at soonerstats and I think I'm thinking of the game we won 54-45. I think that was 2001

I was there and it was one of the most enjoyable games I've ever seen. It was great to see Kemper silenced and KU fans leaving early. Didn't make up for 1988 (I was there too) but still was fun.

Two other games that come to mind involve KU as well. The first was the game in Lloyd Noble in '89 which was the first meeting after the '88 national title game. Mookie went nuts and the Sooners blew them out that night (I recorded it on VHS but have no clue where that tape is). The other was the 1990 Big 8 tourney when OU blew out KU in the semifinal and Skeeter had his signature dunk that was used in the Big 8 intro for years after.

Our win at UConn in the Hollis/Ebe/Quannas era I think is one of my favorite wins, and I would love to see highlights of that.

UConn was a pretty highly-ranked and we went up there and looked great. I think Ebi went off that game. Then the Maryland win in Norman was also great.

Man, I loved that Final Four team. They were so well-schooled at what they were trying to do on both ends of the court. They were like a well-oiled machine how they took care of business.

That Maryland game was awesome, especially considering OU blew out a team that rolled to the national title

Then the Maryland win in Norman was also great.

That was probably my favorite win that year, it was the real coming out party for that team.

The Spirit Cup game is always a favorite. Hollis going off in the first half of the Sweet 16 game against Arizona. The Nebraska triple overtime game we were talking about yesterday. Here is the box score by the way:

getimageCAQ1TTBT.png

I doubt anyone has tape of the US International game where we scored 170-something and should have had 100 in the first half, but I would give anything to watch that one again. Hell I would like to see the "lets get the hell out of this hellhole" game.

Our win at UConn in the Hollis/Ebe/Quannas era I think is one of my favorite wins, and I would love to see highlights of that.

UConn was a pretty highly-ranked and we went up there and looked great. I think Ebi went off that game. Then the Maryland win in Norman was also great.

Man, I loved that Final Four team. They were so well-schooled at what they were trying to do on both ends of the court. They were like a well-oiled machine how they took care of business.

UConn had Caron Butler on that team. Very, very talented team who we beat in their own gym.

I would request any video of Jason Skursinski entering the game.

UConn had Caron Butler on that team. Very, very talented team who we beat in their own gym.

I believe that game was in Bridgeport or some neutral site.

We then played them in 03 in Norman, and 04 at Storrs (UCONN's gym). We won 2 of those games.

I was there and it was one of the most enjoyable games I've ever seen. It was great to see Kemper silenced and KU fans leaving early. Didn't make up for 1988 (I was there too) but still was fun.

Two other games that come to mind involve KU as well. The first was the game in Lloyd Noble in '89 which was the first meeting after the '88 national title game. Mookie went nuts and the Sooners blew them out that night (I recorded it on VHS but have no clue where that tape is). The other was the 1990 Big 8 tourney when OU blew out KU in the semifinal and Skeeter had his signature dunk that was used in the Big 8 intro for years after.

I'd like to see the old OU-KU game in Allen Fieldhouse when we clinched the Big 8 regular season title in 1984. Waymon, Jan Pannell, Calvin Pierce and one other player were arm in arm on the opposite end of the court while another player was attempting free throws to ice the game. As they were arm-in-arm, they all had their index finger up as to say "We're number 1". The KU fans were booing, and man that was priceless.

After the game, OU cut down the nets in Allen Fieldhouse. And, before any of you say "that was classless"...KU cut down the nets in LNC the year prior for Ted Owens final victory, which was over OU in the first round of the Big 8 tourney, when the first round was played at home sites. It was payback and how sweet it was.

I'd like to see the old OU-KU game in Allen Fieldhouse when we clinched the Big 8 regular season title in 1984. Waymon, Jan Pannell, Calvin Pierce and one other player were arm in arm on the opposite end of the court while another player was attempting free throws to ice the game. As they were arm-in-arm, they all had their index finger up as to say "We're number 1". The KU fans were booing, and man that was priceless.

After the game, OU cut down the nets in Allen Fieldhouse. And, before any of you say "that was classless"...KU cut down the nets in LNC the year prior for Ted Owens final victory, which was over OU in the first round of the Big 8 tourney, when the first round was played at home sites. It was payback and how sweet it was.

I would absolutely love to watch that game. Anyone know where it could be found?

I believe that game was in Bridgeport or some neutral site.

We then played them in 03 in Norman, and 04 at Storrs (UCONN's gym). We won 2 of those games.
Hartford.

Also, OU has beaten UConn 3 of 4 times. The '05 Big 12 title team beat the Huskies in Norman.

Back