If Willie Warren thinks he is ready for NBA, he has another thing coming.

SoonersRule

Banned
Reaction score
His NBA status is going out the window with each game he is playing. He has been abysmal the past 3 games.

The guy cannot create a shut outside of six feet and he was making all american teams and I ask you, how a "GUARD" who cannot create a shot besides a lay up be awarded such distinction.

8-11 from the field for 25 pts along with 7 assists. Sounds horrific to me.

I think most if not all were lay-ups and the 3 misses, i think 2 were blown lay-ups. 7 assists and how many TOs? 4,5,6,7,8 ?

He was also outplayed on both ends by two players on the opposing team.

sheepdogs please stop making yourself sound and look so bad. Please tell that to all the media and press in America and get back to us. Willie is having a bad tournament in my opinion, but two games doesn't take away from what he did last year and his future potential. I hope he stays a third year, but I doubt it. It really doesn't matter what you think. Willie is going to make his money. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

sheepdogs please stop making yourself sound and look so bad. Please tell that to all the media and press in America and get back to us. Willie is having a bad tournament in my opinion, but two games doesn't take away from what he did last year and his future potential. I hope he stays a third year, but I doubt it. It really doesn't matter what you think. Willie is going to make his money. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

You can't truly believe he is going to be a staple in the NBA by feasting on six foot shots or less against that type of talent do you? How preposterous. And why should it be my responsibility to inform people of their lack of recognizing talent? There seems to be a pervasiveness found amongst media members to follow the crowd and you come across as being one of those followers while I choose not to be. It's called being able to analyze and assess and draw my own conclusions. And do you think his attitude will help him achieve what you think he is capable of? And you are absolutely correct that it doesn't matter what I think but there happens to be a thing called statistics and on the court awareness which speaks volumes but lets just ignore those aspects.

Do you feel better now? Pat yourself on the back. WW will be fine. Nice try about getting personal, but you won't get that from me. I have to analyze everyday buddy. Just let the season play out. By the way if WW does something you like post about it. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

Do you feel better now? Pat yourself on the back. WW will be fine. Nice try about getting personal, but you won't get that from me. I have to analyze everyday buddy. Just let the season play out. By the way if WW does something you like post about it. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

How did I get personal? And what is with this patting one's self on the back? I thought this was a basketball thread. Getting back to the facts. How many shots did he make outside of six feet? I counted one. How many steals did he have? I counted zero. How many turnovers did he have? I counted five.

This is a basketball thread. My bad. I must have misunderstood you. I still think you should get back with me after the seasons over. I would love to see Willie stay, but if you think this will be the way he plays all season. You're way off. This hasn't been a very good trip for him or the team so far. Just let the season play out. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

Nothing would make me more happy than for Willie to surpass all possible expectations but my desires aren't going to change his basketball prowess one iota. Using football as an example, I also don't think Tim Tebow will be an NFL quarterback even though many are enamored with him as being the best player to play the position ever! I find that laughable and I'm just not that gullible to put him on the same pedestal as Manning or Marino or Tarkenton or Bradshaw or Staubach or Montana or Elway and so on and so on. Lastly, I am not the only poster who has the same opinion of Mr. Warren and when I see some rate him as "player of the year" it makes me compare him to another player of the year named Blake Griffin. To me it's night and day and none of it is based on them playing different positions. I found Blake to be a better passer, defender, hustler, leader, and scorer.

Last edited:
Willie is a very talented player, but until he changes the form on his shot he will always be a streaky 3 point and mid-range shooter. Hell, he has that ball so low on his hip, there is not a chance he'll be able to pull up off the dribble in the NBA.

He needs to work on his defense, ball handling, turnovers, 3-pt release. After he works on all of those things he should be NBA ready.

If you think WW is NOT a first round pick then you don't follow the NBA.

WW was the only reason that game was close last night. And the NBA doesn't really play defense and doesnt' care about turnovers. Some games LeBron will have like 8 turnovers and the Cavs still win because of him.

And I thought it was a good thing to get to the basket and get layups.

Willie is the least of our worries. Our team defense is what scares me.

Back