I'm proud of WW

luckyc1423

Reaction score
He obviously is still hurting and when he has been in today he has played great defennse in the zone... He has had a great attitude today, thanks WW!!

And the most impressive thing to me is that he is not intemidated with how well tmg is scoring the ball, he is actually looking for tmg on the offensive end. I think this injury has helped WW grow up alot!

I look for WW to have a great rest of the year!

I agree I know it is hard for him to not be out there. He is handling it very maturely.

Willie did what he could to help the team win, and that's all you can ask of a player. He was a good teammate from the bench, too. He stood, clapped and cheered, and had a huge smile on his face when someone made a good play.

Well done, WW!

I also noticed his attitude through the non-verbals etc. He was smiling and excited for Cade and one of the first to congratulate him early in the first half. If WW can maintain a positive attitude with all the other things going for us (like Wright have a monster game) we may finish strong.

Willie did what he could to help the team win, and that's all you can ask of a player. He was a good teammate from the bench, too. He stood, clapped and cheered, and had a huge smile on his face when someone made a good play.

Well done, WW!

I'm not cyber-stalking you Ada, I just agree with all of your posts.:ez-laugh:

It was interesting comparing his body language to Ray Willis' late in the game. Willis was obviously pouting about not getting any minutes today.

I hate when players pout on the bench. It kills the spirit of the entire team.....

I agree totally.

I have been hard on Willie all year, but today he did his job to help the team. I thought he was selfless instead of selfish. He didn't take bad shots. He didn't turn the ball over. He had a good attitude and he played good defense.

All of this despite a bad foot. He earned back some respect in my book and having spent the time and the money to go to another OU game, I appreciate everything he did today.

Keep it up Willie!!!!

Capel mentioned in his post game conference that Willie was unable to go in warm ups but came up to him right before the game and said he wanted to give it a shot. He might not have been able to play much today but when he was in he gave great effort and attitude. Great job today Willie.

signs of leadership? It takes alot to make the sacrifice of playing knowing you're not going to be the focus.

While he was in there, he played really smart. Once there was a turnover or something and he brought the ball back out toward the half line so we could run some clock. It was a very mature play on his part. And that reverse layup was an amazing play.

Sometimes what makes a player great isn't simply the talent they are born with; often times, what makes a player great is the adversity that they have to endure, despite their overwhelming talent.

Keep going in this direction, Willie. You definitely showed you have it in you to persevere.

Same with Tiny. Growth is harder to achieve than instant success, but is a lot more satisfying when you've run the gauntlet and come out clean on the other side.

This team has all the talent in the world, and if they commit themselves to growth and fully embrace the team concept - as they seem to be recently - their is no way to know how high the ceiling is for this group.

hear hear!

While he was in there, he played really smart. Once there was a turnover or something and he brought the ball back out toward the half line so we could run some clock. It was a very mature play on his part. And that reverse layup was an amazing play.

very proud of what he did today. didn't force anything, knew his limitations and played within himself. way to go WWIII.

I said earlier this week he was still hobbling in practice but thought he might play. He was clearly hurting and very well could have not dressed but he provided some breaks at key times and even came up with a huge bucket.

I agree with all that has been said. Thanks Willie for a very gutsy performance today!

Back