Interesing stats from the Big 12 web site

AdaSooner

Admin Emeritus
Reaction score
Note: ***These stats are for all of the games this season, not just conference games.

Scoring:
Clark is 1st with a 18.3 ppg average (Hield is 5th with a 16.8 average)

Rebounding: Spangler is in 2nd place with a 9.3 rpg average (Clark is 17th with a 6.0 average)

Field Goal Percentage: Clark is 6th with a .467 average (Hield is 12th at a .446 average)

Free Throw percentage It's important to note that OU has four players in the top 15 (Cousins is 3rd with a .833 average; Clark is 4th at .820; Woodard is in 9th place with a .785 average and Hield is 15th with a .724average)

Assists Woodard is 6th with 4.6 average assists per game. He's also in 6th place in the assists to turnover ratio with a 1.9 ratio. His 8 TOs last week had to hurt his averages.

Steals OU has four players in the top 12. Clark is 6th with a 1.3 per game average; Hield in a tie for 7th with a 1.3 average; Cousins is 11th with a 1.2 average and Woodard is in a tie for 12th with an average of 1.1 steals per game.

Blocked Shots Spangler is the only one who scratched. He's in 10th place with a 1.2 blocks per game average

Here's the link in case you're interested in checking out the other stats. OU is also doing quite well in the team stats, except on defense. We're at or near the bottom in most defensive categories:

http://www.big12sports.com/fls/10410/pdfs/mbasketball/Big12Stats14.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=10410

Last edited:
First thing I noticed?

Scoring Offense - #1 yay!
Scoring Defense - #10 ruh roh

2-1 in Conf. Some thought we might lose our 1st 4 or 5 games early!

First thing I noticed?

Scoring Offense - #1 yay!
Scoring Defense - #10 ruh roh

OU is not last in FG percentage defense or scoring margin. OU needs to improve on defense but it is not as bad as some think. What I noticed is ISU is very good at scoring defense and FG percentage defense. That is impressive because they force tempo and score a lot of points. Hoiberg is going to build a program and I don't think he will leave Ames. He certainly doesn't need money and I am sure they will pay him competitively.

Back