Interesting quote by Willie Warren

OUHoops

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Source: Ft. Worth Star-Telegram

Willie said Wednesday he's feeling good, except for a continually sore ankle, though he's still taking antibiotics.

"It has been a long season," Warren said. "Stuff just hasn't been going our way on or off the court. Luckily, we're a young team and we can learn from our mistakes for next year and the year after that.

If Willie Warren comes back nextyear, I will regain my faith in all that is just.

Am I seeing things or is he saying he'll be here two more seasons? In the end I want him to be a lottery pick to get us more exposure..

I'd like for Willie to come back. Not everyone is as mature as Blake Griffin; not everyone is ready to jump into the NBA and deal with mo' money.

Another season would help Willie figure out if he's a leader or a sidekick. He could show general managers that he's figured out how to play on both ends of the court. And for OU, the team gets a highly talented basketball player who is hopefully ready to work and get the other guys focused on winning.

That is an odd statement coming from him if he is truly talking about himself. I had figured like just about everyone else that he was/is gone. He could just be saying what he thinks people want to hear though. We will see soon.

I'd love for ww to come back but I have seen no improvement in the chemistry within this team; why should I get excited about them playing together next yr??

I know they will all be a yr older and experienced and they should be much better, possibly even playing at a big time level but i am almost to a point as a fan where we might be better with addition by subtraction...

So if he comes back that leaves 2 schollies to give right? We shouldnt be going after anymore guards if that is the case, the 2 schollies HAVE to be on post players

:(

This team needs SOME kind of shakeup. The easiest would be Willie going pro.

Would honestly feel better if he just said "can't wait to get this season over with and turn pro."

I'd love for ww to come back but I have seen no improvement in the chemistry within this team; why should I get excited about them playing together next yr??

I know they will all be a yr older and experienced and they should be much better, possibly even playing at a big time level but i am almost to a point as a fan where we might be better with addition by subtraction...

I certainly believe we have a chemistry problem but I'm not sure if WW is a/the culprit or not.

I think you guys are reading too much into this. I think he is referring to OU when he says "we". I don't think he is talking about himself personally.

At this point he may have no choice but to come back. Is he going to leave college to go play in Europe? At the very least he has played himself out of the first round of the NBA draft, if not worse. I would love to have him back IF he is dedicated to working hard and being a positive influence on this team. Capel needs to sit down with him and have a "come to Jesus". He needs to tell him that if he is coming back next year that he will be on a no tolerance policy and the first sign of him being a negative influence on this team will result in him being dismissed.

I would like to see Willie back, he has shown he can be a really good player. If he stays heathly and plays like we know he can it could make next year's team really good if we get some post help.

PG TMG
SG Willie
SF Cade
PF ??? (juco big? maybe Tiny if we get aziz?)
C Tiny

Bench - Cam Clark, Fitzgerald, Pledger, T.J. Taylor, juco big?

I sure would like to see cam in the starting lineup but if willie comes back I am not sure he gets in....I would say above cade just because I think bringing cade off the bench would give us energy and hustle and that would def. help....

I don't know what to make of that quote? Soonerczech's interpretation seems logical enough. But one could certainly read that Willie plans to return for another season or two into what he said.

I'm in the worried about our chemistry camp. I think TMG is the future of this program. It should be clear to our coaches by now that OU's offense runs a lot smoother when the ball is in his hands. My concern is that if Willie comes back he will want to boost his stock in the draft by playing the point, and that did not work out too well this season. If he chooses to return with a renewed determination to be a team player and accept a role that is best for the team, I would welcome him with open arms. Personally, I don't think that will happen.

Willie and TMG are not good compliments on the floor together, both need to dominate the ball to be effective at this point in their respective careers.

I sure would like to see cam in the starting lineup but if willie comes back I am not sure he gets in....I would say above cade just because I think bringing cade off the bench would give us energy and hustle and that would def. help....

No more freshman starters. We can't keep handing young guys starting jobs. If he earns it, fine. But we need to have, presumably, better options to begin the season.

I think you guys are reading too much into this. I think he is referring to OU when he says "we". I don't think he is talking about himself personally.

could be but if he wasn't talking about him himself, maybe he would have said future instead of saying next year and the year after

I'm okay with this lineup:

TMG
WW
Cam
Terrence Jones
Tiny

:)

Back