Interesting scores today

great final play drawn up by ford. i assume he was responsible for the pump fake as well. just came down to one lucky shot by the james kid.

didn't see the game, but wtf? you assume a coach is responsible for a pump fake? this isn't football, the players aren't robots.

anderson's would have been a no call if the ball hadn't caromed right near where they both were. moses' fifth should have been on penn, he's the one who tripped the URI player.

great final play drawn up by ford. i assume he was responsible for the pump fake as well. just came down to one lucky shot by the james kid.

Penn never touched the kid. He tripped over his own two feet. I generally do not bag on refs. For the most part they all try to do a good job and bad calls equal out. This group however obviously had a pulling interest for the A-10. The last 10 minutes of the game was some of the worst home cooking that I have ever witnessed.

I do think OSU played pretty well despite poor shooting to start the game and the hack job by the refs.

didn't see the game, but wtf? you assume a coach is responsible for a pump fake? this isn't football, the players aren't robots.

all i need to know. so ford should never tell obi, "you just hit a three to tie the game. they're gonna come hard at you when you catch the ball off the screen. pump fake your defender and let him go by. you'll have an open look."

don't see what the big deal is. why do you have a problem with me believing it was ford's play that included a shot fake and not obi's quick decision making skills in the heat of battle? and if basketball players execute their sets, are they not robots? do they not bleed too? wait...

I watched that OSU game, and the 5th fouls on Moses and Anderson were the worst you will probably ever see. They called fouls that put them out of the game in situations where literally no contact was made.

It was pretty ridiculous.

Exactly.

On one of the games this week an announcer said "To win on the road you have to be 10 points better than the other team."

Then he went to explain the factors - won't get the close calls, no adrenalin bump from the crowd, less concentration on free throws, etc.

I think that's pretty accurate. On some arenas, like the crackerboxes - Cameron, Villanova's home - the advantage is even more.

Road game. It is amazing how often that happens on the road.

I know...

I'm not BLAMING the refs, by the way... I think you need to put yourself in a position where they can't affect the outcome...

If OSU does a better job rebounding and blocking out in the first half, then they don't have to worry about that crap at the end.

That said... it doesn't make it any less frustraiting when we had a chance to get a good quality road win and we let it slip away.

Pilgrim would have REALLY helped. Shaw was getting pushed all over the court when he was in.

Back