6-3 Soph F Meredith Burkhall 8.0 ppg, 6.05 reb
6-1 Soph G Bridget Carlton 15.68 ppg, 5.05 reb
6-0 Jr G Emily Durr 7.53 ppg
5-10 Sr F Seanna Johnson 16.32 ppg, 7.95 reb

6-0 Sr F Heather Bowe
5-9 Soph G TeeTee Starks
6-2 Jr F Claire Ricketts
5-10 Fr G Adrianna Camber

We beat this team in Ames, 67-57. They didn't really shoot like Iowa State. They are 2-6 in the Big Twelve with home wins against Kansas and Kansas State. They have lost at home to OU and Texas, as Texas scored about eight straight polnts in the last two minutes.

Since everyone is now interested in how freshmen are doing, Iowa State has:

5-10 Fr G Adrianna Camber
---played against us, hitting a three.
---has played in 16 of 19 games, missed the last one, time decreasing
---3.38 ppg, good three-point shooter
---144 minutes

5-7 Fr G Nia Washington
---2.06 ppg, decent three-point shooter
---has played in 16 of 19 games, but only 149 minutes, 27 in conference play

5-9 Fr G Sofija Zivaljevic
---1.00 ppg
---27 minutes, only four in conference play

Great start, but we've certainly started to fall apart.

17 point lead down to 4. 13-0 run by Iowa State.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK. Regrouped. Maddie and Ortiz really playing well, especially Manning.

When she got called for that charge, I think she said a couple of bad words aimed at the ref as she marched back down to our end of the court.

That's what this team has needed - a little anger and emotion.

Half: 38-28

Glad that Maddie and Gabbi came to play. Peyton with zero. Gioya with two. Nancy with zero. Edwards with zero. Dungee doing well, but only has 4. Gabbi and Maddie with twelve, and Vivi with 8.

Best half of basketball Gabbi Ortiz has played at Oklahoma. Guarded Buckley, and did really well on her when she was heads up on her- (Buckley scored in transition and off some great picks)- Gabbi had a nice steal or two and she really looks good on the offensive side. Finding others, staying under control, and controlling the pace. Benefitted from them overplaying Maddie twice, and got a couple of her own as well. Very nice work, Gabbi.

And Maddie Dales is back to work.

Last edited:
Maddie and Gabbi did everything.. Maddie with 12, 3 assists, 2 blocks, a steal, 3 rebounds.

looks like it could go down to the wire....

Nervous, but ladies are playing hard and under control - even Carter.

Best we enjoy this win, don't think OU wins the next game

The key is Manning scoring.

The entire team is setup when that happens and it is FUN to watch.

Best game of the year by Gabbi and best game of the year by Gioya too!
Gioya was attacking quickly- not too much dribbling- She tried to force some difficult passes, but connected on some too- and she played good D too!
Good job, Gioya and Gabbi!

Good one to go into Waco w/- Not sure we can beat em there but I like our chances better than any other year with these players.

Baylor killed Kansas State in Manhattan, 91-49. We won't win easily in Waco.

All five starters ended up making contributions. Gabbi had 12 in the first half, but only two in the second half. It was an important two with that drive up the middle.

Vivi had a quiet 15 (8+7). She, Gioya, and Maddie had six boards.

Maddie had 12 in the first and nine in the second. It was those six boards, 4 assists, two blocks, and a steal that got your attention.

Peyton had zero through three quarters, and sixteen in the fourth! Some of those drives were neat.

Gioya did some good things, like 6 boards, and six assists. Those 8 points helped.

Dungee scored four and played some good defense.

Penzo had an assist and a rebound.

It seemed like it was different people making a team effort.

As close to a complete game that we have played. I think this may have been Maddie's best game as a Sooner. I just think everyone played hard, gutted it out and the balls started falling.

Tough stretch coming up.

Waco? Well, miracles can happen.

When Peyton hit her first three of the fourth quarter, I turned to a couple friends I sit with and said "wouldn't it be cool if Peyton had 20 for the quarter." Well 16 ain't bad.

Solid game by our kids tonight. I really liked their swagger and how well they did not get rattled during the Cyclones two runs. Two straight games of really taking care of the ball. We still at times tried to force passes that weren't there, but they are becoming fewer. Pretty smart play tonight by the kids, taking what the defense gave them. If we can continue taking care of the ball, play good solid defense, and can score like tonight, we can give the Bears all they want. Can we win? It will be very difficult at their place, but that's why we play the game. I just hope we don't throw the ball all over the court and play a smart game plan. Looking forward to see how we shape up.

Controlled tempo and ball control have great effect. Now we have shown we can play like that.

Penzos parents from Puerto Rico were at the game.

That pass Penzo made late in the game was a thing of beauty. For someone who plays so few minutes, she's made some absolutely remarkable passes. And most of them resulted in baskets.

I think our best game.

We hit a spell where we became tentative on offense. Looked like everyone was afraid to shoot the ball.

Only five players with more than 10 minutes. Dungee exactly 10. Need more depth than that because I think one of our best weapons are the pressure defenses. Takes a lot of energy. That can also reduce the effectiveness of the Texas and Baylor bigs.

Much better game from Carter. The pass from Penzo was a thing of beauty.

Back