Is Cam Clark still visiting this weekend?

James Hale of OUinsider.com did a Update with Cameron Clark yesterday and Cameron said he didn't have a date to visit OU and didn't know when he was going to visit if at all, is this a mistake?

James Hale of OUinsider.com did a Update with Cameron Clark yesterday and Cameron said he didn't have a date to visit OU and didn't know when he was going to visit if at all, is this a mistake?

I talked to him last week and he said the same thing, but apparently there was a report out there that he would be in town this weekend. I have not heard that myself. Considering the only direct quotes from him over the past couple weeks both say he doesn't know when he'll visit -- I would tend to believe that.. but I'll do some checking.

This is not good! I think me, and alot of posters on this board had Cam as almost a lock to commit....If he doesnt commit were does that leave us as far as recruiting?

Because to me with a direct quote saying he doesnt know when he will visit ou, that doesnt sound good

This is not good! I think me, and alot of posters on this board had Cam as almost a lock to commit....If he doesnt commit were does that leave us as far as recruiting?

Because to me with a direct quote saying he doesnt know when he will visit ou, that doesnt sound good

I wouldn't worry. Clark plays everything close to his vest in recruiting. He doesn't give away too much and he NEVER goes on and on about any team. So, I wouldn't read too much into his comments based on that alone. I fully expect him to take a visit to OU, but at the same time I wouldn't consider him (and never have) a lock to commit. Not that I feel OU doesn't have a good chance -- I just think it's too early in HIS timeline for anyone to know what he's going to do. The Sooners will have a good chance, though.

I wouldn't worry. Clark plays everything close to his vest in recruiting. He doesn't give away too much and he NEVER goes on and on about any team. So, I wouldn't read too much into his comments based on that alone. I fully expect him to take a visit to OU, but at the same time I wouldn't consider him (and never have) a lock to commit. Not that I feel OU doesn't have a good chance -- I just think it's too early in HIS timeline for anyone to know what he's going to do. The Sooners will have a good chance, though.

Thanks for the updates. I will admit I was really worried when I found out he wasn't coming this week and really appreciate your incite into Cam's recruiting.

Pretty certain that he is now not visiting OU this weekend considering that he is having Marquette come in for an in home visit this Sunday.

Pretty certain that he is now not visiting OU this weekend considering that he is having Marquette come in for an in home visit this Sunday.

Do you take it as a positive that he has new schools that he's talking to and keeping OU listed. He has offers from KU, UK, TAMU, Arizona, Arizona St. and Texas(I believe) and he has no inhome visits set up with them.

Clark had an in-home visit with Travis Ford & Co. last night.

Don't know, but Clark's father came away from the visit very impressed with Coach Ford.

If ford boots off another player to make room for someone new im going to pull my hair out! when will this come back on him? Just seems like players would take notice

Thanks for the update. Who are you going to boot off the team to allow him to play?

My guess is Sidorakis. I also wouldn't be too shocked if Pilgrim even after a pedestrian 7 and 5 type season says 'screw it' and goes to play in Poland or something.

Just a 100% unsubstantiated vibe.

My guess is either Akol or one the three pg's will see the writing on the wall and look elsewhere for playing time.

I'm not a huge fan of this way of recruiting but I don't see this happening as much in the coming years.

I dont think he will go to OSU either, but I dont understand why anyone has a problem with how Ford is recruiting as far as taking the best players and making room. If I am hired at a new company as the boss and there are people there that can be replaced then I clean house and replace them with my type of employee's. Sean Sutton recruited a lot of players just to fill space because he struck out on some of the ones he really wanted. As an OSU fan I have no problem at all with Akol being asked to leave if someone obviously better comes along...after all, would you guys want him on your roster?? No way. Am I wrong here? I agree with you DM...this years class will be a lot better. I am thinking that only a few of the recruits from last year make it until the end of their career at OSU. Ford recruited that class behind the 8 ball. But that is what happens when you take over what had become a train wreck of a program...you make changes from top to bottom. Ford is ****y and I understand completely why OU fans wouldnt like him, but as an OSU fan I am excited for the future. OU (obviously) and OSU seem to be in good hands.

I dont think he will go to OSU either, but I dont understand why anyone has a problem with how Ford is recruiting as far as taking the best players and making room. If I am hired at a new company as the boss and there are people there that can be replaced then I clean house and replace them with my type of employee's. Sean Sutton recruited a lot of players just to fill space because he struck out on some of the ones he really wanted. As an OSU fan I have no problem at all with Akol being asked to leave if someone obviously better comes along...after all, would you guys want him on your roster?? No way. Am I wrong here? I agree with you DM...this years class will be a lot better. I am thinking that only a few of the recruits from last year make it until the end of their career at OSU. Ford recruited that class behind the 8 ball. But that is what happens when you take over what had become a train wreck of a program...you make changes from top to bottom. Ford is ****y and I understand completely why OU fans wouldnt like him, but as an OSU fan I am excited for the future. OU (obviously) and OSU seem to be in good hands.

I wouldn't blame Ford in the least if he was getting rid of Sutton's players, but Kirkland and Akol were his recruits. I just think it shows a lack of couth to recruit guys and then "help" them go somewhere else to make room for other players.

I will be disappointed if Capel did this to Kyle Hardrick, but I don't think he will.

Budke is even worse than Ford in this area.

I have said that on another post. Ford's class this year is better than last years because he is adding the pieces he needs like wings to replace Obi and James and a legit low post guy instead of a bunch of PGs and an undersized big like last year.

Back