Is soonersports.com serious with this box score thing?

The fact that it opens in a separate app is kind of annoying (especially on my crappy old home computer, where it takes far too long -- at work, it's fast), but the stats, once presented, are fine. It took me a bit of looking to find the various breakdowns near the top of the page (I was looking for first-half stats), but once I found them, it was smooth sailing.

It's like 30 years out of date. But otherwise worked for me.

I am not saying it doesn't work.... I am saying it sucks.

I am not saying it doesn't work.... I am saying it sucks.

Well, it gives you 12 different optional ways to look at the stats, including various analytics data. Much more informative than a standard box score, although you can select that presentation as well if you want. I like it.

It works great on my PC. It did not on my Google Pixel. All I could see were the starters stats and the drop down menu wasn't providing the team box score. It appears to be working much better now though.

Well, it gives you 12 different optional ways to look at the stats, including various analytics data. Much more informative than a standard box score, although you can select that presentation as well if you want. I like it.

I like it now. I didn’t like it the night of the game when it appeared to be a jumbled mess to me. Maybe I failed to click on the links to what I see now as an impressive array of far more stats than the old box score. The only thing missing is the estimated attendance, but I might have missed that too.

My guess is you need to click on all the different options on the top rows to see some really nice stuff. I am impressed with it.

My guess is you need to click on all the different options on the top rows to see some really nice stuff. I am impressed with it.

Good suggestion. The “Game Book” link is for anyone who prefers the old box score format.

I also found the estimated attendance I was looking for on that link. For those who don’t know, 6,255 is the number of tickets collected at the entrances. Not bad for an exhibition game against a Division II team. And, yes, I know that some of those fans were there to cheer for Southeastern.

Good suggestion. The “Game Book” link is for anyone who prefers the old box score format.

I also found the estimated attendance I was looking for on that link. For those who don’t know, 6,255 is the number of tickets collected at the entrances. Not bad for an exhibition game against a Division II team. And, yes, I know that some of those fans were there to cheer for Southeastern.

Looked like 1k, or so, actually showed up.

Looked like 1k, or so, actually showed up.

Assuming nothing has changed in the way the estimated attendance is calculated, 6,255 is the number of tickets collected at the gate, not the number of tickets sold.

To be honest, the crowd didn’t appear to be that large to me, but I couldn’t see much of the arena on television. Maybe someone in the know can confirm if the estimated attendance is still actual tickets collected at the entrances?

Back