Is Tiny a huge Byron Eaton?

IntenseDefense

Reaction score
He's got a ton of talent but when he gets winded and fatigued he starts making bad decisions, especially defensively.

It seems like Byron Eaton was pretty similar, although I never minded seeing him turn the ball over late in games when he was tired. I just hope Tiny doesn't struggle with conditioning every year he's here. I know he's lost a lot of weight already but the conditioning is clearly not there yet.

He has the potential to be amazing if he can go full out on every possession.

No I think Byron Eaton is a huge Byron Eaton. But seriously, I hope that Tiny continues to get in better shape. The other thing that worries me about Tiny is his propensity to get into foul trouble early in a game. We really need his inside presence.

He's got a ton of talent but when he gets winded and fatigued he starts making bad decisions, especially defensively.

It seems like Byron Eaton was pretty similar, although I never minded seeing him turn the ball over late in games when he was tired. I just hope Tiny doesn't struggle with conditioning every year he's here. I know he's lost a lot of weight already but the conditioning is clearly not there yet.

He has the potential to be amazing if he can go full out on every possession.

He's improving vastly with conditioning it's just defensive awareness and mental fatigue. He's alright though. Just had a bad game. I suspect his next one will be good.

The other thing that worries me about Tiny is his propensity to get into foul trouble early in a game. We really need his inside presence.

This! He needs to get out of that habit and he gets little cheap fouls mostly too.

I thought Eaton was pretty bad as a fr and so but was damn good as a junior and sr. Hopefully Tiny improves like he did over the years.

I don't think he will improve any... I just don't see it. He is overweight, has a very questionable attitude, no discipline, and he plays soft for a guy his size. If I was Capel I would go after a couple of big men whether its in the juco or high school ranks. It was a big mistake to try and develop a guy that only knows how to jack up three pointers and jump shots into some dominant post presence.

It's not a matter of Capel's ability to coach Tiny up just look at Longar Longar but he was already playing as a post player coming out of high school which made his development easier to manage. It is my honest opinion that Tiny is at best a mid major caliber player, not a major conference caliber player. I could be proven wrong but he is regressing severely each and every game.

I don't think he will improve any... I just don't see it. He is overweight, has a very questionable attitude, no discipline, and he plays soft for a guy his size. If I was Capel I would go after a couple of big men whether its in the juco or high school ranks. It was a big mistake to try and develop a guy that only knows how to jack up three pointers and jump shots into some dominant post presence.

It's not a matter of Capel's ability to coach Tiny up just look at Longar Longar but he was already playing as a post player coming out of high school which made his development easier to manage. It is my honest opinion that Tiny is at best a mid major caliber player, not a major conference caliber player. I could be proven wrong but he is regressing severely each and every game.

This post is a bad joke right?

You forget the sarcasm icon, right Dan?
:confused:

I guess we're just going to disagree a lot of this if that is your opinion at this time. I know Tiny has struggled with fouls recently and has been timid as of late and I am not happy with it but doesn't it seem extreme to basically give up on a talented kid like your post is suggesting? Kid struggles a couple times and suddenly he isn't OU worthy, maybe I just do not get knee jerk reactions.
Tiny is a true freshman who has already shown great commitment to this program to just lose the weight he has already (go look at his highlight tape from his junior year and compare it to now). He has already made great strides and will continue to and with his unique skill set will be a big time contributor for OU in the next year or maybe two if we're lucky.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEhDZN0RFjw&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

1241311768176.gif

I guess we're just going to disagree a lot of this if that is your opinion at this time. I know Tiny has struggled with fouls recently and has been timid as of late and I am not happy with it but doesn't it seem extreme to basically give up on a talented kid like your post is suggesting? Kid struggles a couple times and suddenly he isn't OU worthy, maybe I just do not get knee jerk reactions.
Tiny is a true freshman who has already shown great commitment to this program to just lose the weight he has already (go look at his highlight tape from his junior year and compare it to now). He has already made great strides and will continue to and with his unique skill set will be a big time contributor for OU in the next year or maybe two if we're lucky.

I just haven't seen enough progress from him for me to say that he is going to be a good post player. His problem with fouling out of every conference game is driving me insane and he needs to stop missing practices and meetings before he gets into the doghouse so deep that he might not get out of it.

Byron Eaton's pushing three bills these days. Byron Eaton's a huge Byron Eaton.

s37-012310ksu_jt5.standalone.prod_affiliate.81.jpg

sorry but this is freakin' retarded! Wow I can't find the words..

sorry but this is freakin' retarded! Wow I can't find the words..

How is my post retarded exactly? Everything that I mentioned is 100% accurate from what I have seen and how can you not dismiss the constant fouling out of ball games to go with his passiveness when he gets down low in the post. Tiny literally looks lost out there and I cant even imagine what Dexter Pittmann, Damion James, Cole Alderich and I can go on and on and on with the number of big men in this conference that will eat him alive.

As I stated earlier he has regressed instead of improving and it should be the opposite. I hope I am wrong I really do but I am in a wait and see mode right now with him. I am sorry that I am voicing my displeasure, it is called being a fan.

Back