Is Tiny a huge Byron Eaton?

I don't think he will improve any... I just don't see it. He is overweight, has a very questionable attitude, no discipline, and he plays soft for a guy his size. If I was Capel I would go after a couple of big men whether its in the juco or high school ranks. It was a big mistake to try and develop a guy that only knows how to jack up three pointers and jump shots into some dominant post presence.

It's not a matter of Capel's ability to coach Tiny up just look at Longar Longar but he was already playing as a post player coming out of high school which made his development easier to manage. It is my honest opinion that Tiny is at best a mid major caliber player, not a major conference caliber player. I could be proven wrong but he is regressing severely each and every game.

Honestly he isn't overweight, he has lost a ton of weight since his Sr year in high school and has muscled up quite a bit. I mentioned this in another thread but I will reiterate it, Tiny is still learning to play with his new body. Any athlete and especially in basketball on the low post has to basically learn a new way to play. At a bigger size, 300+, he was used to just people bouncing off of him and those being smaller high school kids now. Now he has rightly so got in better shape, lost tons of weight, and is getting better conditioned. Add that to the fact that he is going against college athletes and he has had to re approach at how he attacks the basket.

I have seen him practice and he is disciplined, he has had a few issues that frosh players have with missing classes, etc. but the guy is respectful and ready to learn. He has tremendous talent and does things that prove he is better than a mid major talent. Tiny's main problem is staying out of foul trouble.

Dexter Pittman was still a fat over weight slob his freshman year, Tiny already has one step up on him by a lot in that department. I don't think many on here based on his recent performances would argue that he will have big games vs Pittman or Cole but the man shock and awe at your post is summed in up in your first line.
I don't think he will improve any... I just don't see it.
Based on what I've heard from before the year it is has been a big improvement just for him to be only 290-300 pounds and have 9 rebounds a game. He wasn't known for his post skills in high school but he has taken his lunch pail and battled hard in the post to get rebounds and be a good option with his back to the basket. Really the majority of his issues are mentally related and will only be fixed and improved on as he gets older and matures. Give him time, sometimes you got to remember these guys are really just kids especially when freshman and they're not perfect.

Honestly he isn't overweight, he has lost a ton of weight since his Sr year in high school and has muscled up quite a bit. I mentioned this in another thread but I will reiterate it, Tiny is still learning to play with his new body. Any athlete and especially in basketball on the low post has to basically learn a new way to play. At a bigger size, 300+, he was used to just people bouncing off of him and those being smaller high school kids now. Now he has rightly so got in better shape, lost tons of weight, and is getting better conditioned. Add that to the fact that he is going against college athletes and he has had to re approach at how he attacks the basket.

I have seen him practice and he is disciplined, he has had a few issues that frosh players have with missing classes, etc. but the guy is respectful and ready to learn. He has tremendous talent and does things that prove he is better than a mid major talent. Tiny's main problem is staying out of foul trouble.

Great post. Thanks.

Tiny is a freshman. He will get a lot better in all phases of the game...conditioning, scoring, rebounding, defense, blocking out, limiting fouls, etc. Be patient.

How is my post retarded exactly? Everything that I mentioned is 100% accurate from what I have seen and how can you not dismiss the constant fouling out of ball games to go with his passiveness when he gets down low in the post. Tiny literally looks lost out there and I cant even imagine what Dexter Pittmann, Damion James, Cole Alderich and I can go on and on and on with the number of big men in this conference that will eat him alive.

As I stated earlier he has regressed instead of improving and it should be the opposite. I hope I am wrong I really do but I am in a wait
and see mode right now with him. I am sorry that I am voicing my displeasure, it is called being a fan.

him losing like 75 lbs this year shows his dedication... Half of America can't lose weight due to not good enough work ethic and he's lost a whole 5th grader.. Him losing weight was half of the battle and he's getting there.. Now he is a freshman and freshman improve greatly just in a year (just look at Willie.. oh wait..)

Now to explain how your post is retarded... You say he will NEVER improve.. I'll take any bet you wanna make.. I think he will be big 12 POY material.. He is a little naive and wants to be out on the perimeter a little too much but wait and see.. With some maturity he is going to straight kick @ss

I've lost similar weight and the one thing about losing weight is you feel weaker sometimes even though you might actually be stronger. The same space that you carved as a bigger guy is gone. He has to retrain himself how to play offensively. Also losing weight doesn't always make you quicker. It does wonders for your endurance, but quickness takes a little more than merely losing weight. We dont understand the weight he loss is keeping him on the court. If he was his former weight, we couldn't get 5 minutes at a time out of him.

Today I really felt sorry for this kid the first time because it's obvious the frustation is very high.

Hmm those are interesting points.. I think gallon showing frustration is a good thing.. I think it shows that he cares unlike when Willie is zoning out on the bench.. That concerns me

Back