Its early, but which star guard would you rather have?

thebigabd

Reaction score
Note these are all big 12 players....

Player 1
PPG: 25.7
RPG: 11.3
3pt%: 41.2
FG%: 56.3
Assists: 4
Steals: 4

Player 2
PPG: 23.3
RPG: 3.3
3pt%: 66.7
FG%: 70.0
Assists: 8
Steals: 5

Player 3
PPG: 15.7
RPG: 3.0
3pt%: .067
FG%: 36.1
Assists: 20
Steals: 3

Player 4
3pt%: 46.7
FG%: 55.2
Steals: 6

Player 5
PPG: 24.7
RPG: 2.7
3pt%: 40.0
FG%: 42.9
Assists: 5

Player 3, due to the assist numbers. And since that player surely wouldn't shoot like that all year, surely his scoring will improve, while also providing a playmaker for the offense. Player 1 would be second based on the rebounding numbers, which makes me wonder if he is even a guard at all. Note that a 3 is not a guard.

Last edited:
Player 3... The assists tell me he is letting the game come to him and I have feeling he won't shoot like this all year

Player 3 because it is Willie Warren and I don't give a darn about players in the Big XII that don't play for OU. There statistics are meaningless to me because I have not seen the games and have no perspective for the statistics.

Player No. 1 is a guard in name only. He is a small forward and depending on the line up can be the tallest player oin the court at anyone time. Hence the 11 rebounds per game.

if you're trying to maintain that these numbers will last all season, then player 2 is the only possible choice. a 67% shooter from 3 would change the game forever.

Note these are all big 12 players....

Player 1
PPG: 25.7
RPG: 11.3
3pt%: 41.2
FG%: 56.3
Assists: 4

Player 2
PPG: 23.3
3pt%: 66.7
FG%: 70.0
Steals: 5

Player 3
RPG: 3.0
3pt%: .067
FG%: 36.1
Assists: 20
Steals: 3

Player 4
3pt%: 46.7
FG%: 55.2
Steals: 6

Player 5
PPG: 24.7
RPG: 2.7
3pt%: 40.0
FG%: 42.9
Assists: 5

I'd take those stats and throw them in the trash. Especially when you don't include the opponents.

Would I take a guard that averages 27.7 over the guy that averages 15?
Probably not if the guard that averaged 27 had 50plus against the worst D1 team in the nation and 16pts since that game.

I would take any player that plays for Tech or Colorado. Best talents in the conference....by far.

Good thing there is no homerism on this board, lol...

Obviously, the guy who plays for CU

I was thinking the same thing.. Easily the most efficient player in the conference. Who would want the guy averaging 23 points on 10 shots per game when you could have the guy averaging 15 on 12 shots per game?

I would take any player that plays for Tech or Colorado. Best talents in the conference....by far.

No Tech player made the list, but one Colorado player did. He is a great player, not sure why that is a problem.

Player 3 because it is Willie Warren and I don't give a darn about players in the Big XII that don't play for OU. There statistics are meaningless to me because I have not seen the games and have no perspective for the statistics.

^ This, in spades!

Who gives a rat's rear end about guards that play for other Big 12 schools?

Yep, it would be terrible if we had homers for Colorado, Texas Tech, Nebraska, Houston, UTEP, am I missing any?

Why would there not be homers on this board? Didn't most of us go to OU or grew up an OU fan?

Last edited:
Why would there not be homers on this board? Didn't most of us go to OU or grew up an OU fan? This is an OU board, yes?

I guess there should be homers.. I grew up an OU fan, but am not a homer.

Yep, it would be terrible if we had homers for Colorado, Texas Tech, Nebraska, Houston, UTEP, am I missing any?

You forgot Tulsa.

I guess there should be homers.. I grew up an OU fan, but am not a homer.
What does it mean to be a homer then? I would think that by default we are all homers for various things. I think Chicago is the greatest city in the world, others would probably pick their own city.

There is no such thing as unbiased. It does not exist, and is a word that should never be used in any circumstance that is connected to human thought.

Back