Jalen Hill

WichitaSooner

Reaction score
What a great start he is off to in conference play. He is such a good overall player, and what a boost his offense has been so far. He will always get criticism from people who only value pure scorers, but anyone who thinks he isn’t talented enough to be a key player on a good Big 12 team clearly isn’t playing attention. I have no clue what he wants to do after this season, but I’d love for him to stick around.

If he sticks around, he’s going to be dominant next year.

Nice to have a go-to guy who can make FTs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He was on Sooner sports talk this week and was awesome to listen to. I was in my feelings hard after we lost to Sam Houston and ripped on him for not scoring. Glad he shut me up! I think he will return too. We need him!

Last edited:
Great, efficient performance so far. So happy for him. Yeah, would be great if he came back next year. See this is the kind of guy you love to root for. Hangs around, improves... Doesn't bolt at the first sign of adversity. Fans get a chance to know him. Give me 13 Jalens...

He’s the last person I think would leave. Dude is Big Man on Campus!

If he sticks around, he’s going to be dominant next year.

i am not sure he will ever be "dominate" but he continue to get better each and every year and would be in the rotation on every team in America

It hadn't occurred to me he had the option to return next season. My fingers will be tightly crossed for the next few months. It'd be beyond great to have him next year.

It hadn't occurred to me he had the option to return next season. My fingers will be tightly crossed for the next few months. It'd be beyond great to have him next year.

everyone on the team can return except Tanner

Jalen is fantastic. He’s the best defender and a consistent scorer. He’s the best overall player on the team. I hope he gets an NIL deal and stays one more year.

Jalen is fantastic. He’s the best defender and a consistent scorer. He’s the best overall player on the team. I hope he gets an NIL deal and stays one more year.

Every kid on the team has at least 1.

Jalen has definitely stepped up his game since I saw him play against Florida. I even posted my frustrations with his low-post shot selection. Thankfully, I've been seeing a different Jalen Hill the past few weeks. We were all hoping Brady Manek would have been the first-ever 5-year letterman at OU, but will be honored to have Jalen Hill claim that distinction.

Jalen Hill is a flat out warrior!! Would love to see him come back. I think this team could be good to great if he does. He's never going to be a high level scorer or dominate.. but he does everything pretty well.
Uzan/Cortes
Noland/Cortes/Oweh
Groves/Cooper
Hill/FR/Oweh
Transfer/Godwin

I believe you forgot Northweather and Yaya. Northweather has looked very good in practice. Agree we need a big mobile man underneath. Last I heard in Dec. we were in on a “big”. Are we still, who knows?

I believe you forgot Northweather and Yaya. Northweather has looked very good in practice. Agree we need a big mobile man underneath. Last I heard in Dec. we were in on a “big”. Are we still, who knows?

Imo if these other dudes arent playing this year (except maybe Oweh) then i imagine they aren't going to do much going forward. Also Northweather may play if we strike out on ALL big men in portal.

Don't know how many times it was posted on this board earlier this season that Jalen Hill is not good enough to play Big XII basketball. In fact, I believe I've read the same about almost every other current starter for the Sooners (I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong).

I'm just glad that Moser's staff (and Kruger's before him) are slightly better at judging talent/potential than most of the gurus on ouhoops.com.

If only Jalen was 6'-8"... Love his all-around game. Just keep improving that 3 point shot.

Rare kid in that he has really gotten better consistently from when he got here to now. The importance of recruiting is that most kids just are what they are and might get a little better with maturity but Jalen is seemingly a different player now. Good on him and the coaches (Lon and Porter)

I would also like to see him return. But, I never have a problem with a kid deciding to see if he can make a living somewhere playing ball. Good luck to him whatever he decides to do.

Back