John R. Wooden Award on ESPN2 | Friday, April 8 at 7 pm (CDT)

SoonerTraveler

Reaction score
http://www.woodenaward.com/john_r_wooden_award_presented_by_wendy_s_all_americans_announced

EXCERPT:

The 40th annual presentation of the John R. Wooden Award to the men’s and women’s most outstanding basketball player will be the anchor presentation of the ESPN College Basketball Awards Show presented by Wendy’s on ESPN2 on Friday, April 8 at 8 pm (EDT). The men’s and women’s John R. Wooden Award All-American Teams will be honored during the ceremony, and the 2016 Wooden Award Legends of Coaching™ Trophy, which will be presented to Tubby Smith, Head Men’s Basketball Coach at Texas Tech.

Voting was from March 14-21, 2016, allowing voters to take into consideration the opening rounds of the NCAA Tournament. Fans were able to vote through the fan voting site, sponsored by Wendy’s, www.woodenawardvote.com. As insisted upon by Coach Wooden, at the Award’s creation 40 years ago, all players have been certified by their universities as meeting the criteria of the John R. Wooden Award presented by Wendy’s.

http://www.woodenaward.com/john_r_wooden_award_presented_by_wendy_s_announces_2016_national_ballot

All balloted players have proven to their universities that they are making progress towards graduation and are maintaining at least a cumulative 2.0 GPA.

Last edited:
I think the time period the vote was open increases buddy's chances. It was right after valentine and MSU lost on the first round while buddy was on a tear through the regional.

At least a 2.0 GPA, lol.

40 years ago when the Wooden Award was started, the "2.0 standard" was used to prevent great players that were poor students from being eligible for the award.

Times have changed for the better. For the past several semesters, the OU basketball TEAM GPA has averaged 3.0 or better. This is one of many things that has improved under Coach Kruger.

If Buddy doesn't get the Wooden award they should do away with it.

Buddy won the Jerry West Award for best SG. Wooden announcement coming up soon.

I'm stuck at work late, but I streamed the last 10 minutes of the program and saw Buddy win it. I got chills, I have to admit.

Buddy represented well, of course. He always does. Special player, special person, all-time great Sooner.

I hope they release the voting. I do not think it was close.
Congrats Buddy!!!!!

To those posters among us who were pulling for Valentine, better luck next time! He's a terrific player and you have every reason to be proud of him. Hold your head up!

To those posters among us who were pulling for Valentine, better luck next time! He's a terrific player and you have every reason to be proud of him. Hold your head up!

:ez-roll:

5 Heismans and 2 Woodens....not too shabby for a school from a small state on the plains.

Back