John Wall quote about Calipari

Sooner23

Reaction score
Dang.

http://www.lex18.com/news/john-wall-is-frustrated/

John Wall doesn't look like he's smiling as much as he was earlier in the season.

When I asked him if that was true, he agreed.

Wall was called out by Cal after the Cats lost to South Carolina. Cal was trying to defend Patrick Patterson who was taking some heat for his play, and in the process, he was strong about Wall.

"I don't know. He said I played awful," says John Wall.

"I didn't think I played that bad. I don't know what to expect. He's probably going to say I played bad today too so. I don't know. I just try not to listen to him and go out and play basketball and try and help my team win."

You could hear it in Walls voice that he was down. Cal's comments bothered him.

"Yeah, I think it's going to bother any player when he tells you that."

Wall is searching for answers. He's not sure why he's so unhappy.

"To be honest, I really haven't been having fun for the last two weeks. It's just being frustrated and things like that so, I just got to figure it out before we go further in league play."

Frustrated with how your playing, the team is playing, what is going on, is it just a lull in the season ?

"'Frustrated with everything. I don't know, one through twenty. Any ideas it is."

The Cats had just beaten Vandy to go to 20-1. But Wall looked like the Cats had just lost two in a row.

Cal knows Wall didn't play that bad vs. SC, he is trying to motivate his best player, and Wall is too young to realize it. He shouldn't have said anything in the papers, that was stupid. I expect him and Cal to resolve this and move on.

LOL...there's your best player in the country Stoops. He can't lead a camel to water with talk like that.

LOL...there's your best player in the country Stoops. He can't lead a camel to water with talk like that.

not being media saavy is a big difference from not being a leader. There's a reason alot of coaches don't let Freshman do interviews, and that's because they don't know when to say what. The kid is a big time talent. Without him, that team wouldn't be in the top 10.

I'm very impressed with John Wall. He's got no weaknesses and his fundamentals are flawless. He is a Derrick Rose clone with a better outside shot.

Most coaches would give their right arm to coach a Derrick Rose once in a decade. Cal gets to do it in two years out of three. That's a lucky SOB.

not being media saavy is a big difference from not being a leader. There's a reason alot of coaches don't let Freshman do interviews, and that's because they don't know when to say what. The kid is a big time talent. Without him, that team wouldn't be in the top 10.

Wall is without doubt a huge talent. He's a stud and the #1 pick in the draft.
That being said I still think Kentucky is top 10 without him.
Bledsoe is really good. And there would be more a focus of getting Patrick Patterson the ball...which I think they need to do now. Kentucky is a top 3 team with Wall but still top 10 without him.

Wall is without doubt a huge talent. He's a stud and the #1 pick in the draft.
That being said I still think Kentucky is top 10 without him.
Bledsoe is really good. And there would be more a focus of getting Patrick Patterson the ball...which I think they need to do now. Kentucky is a top 3 team with Wall but still top 10 without him.

The biggest suprise to me is how much better Cousins is than Patterson. That was suprise.

Yeah, a media interview has so much to do with how a player performs on the court. Okay... That makes sense.

So is a guy that has the best interviews the best player in the country?

And apparently a 20-1 record, best start for the program in 40 years, and coming through in the clutch when his team's needed him most (I've already proven you wrong on that one, I would hate to make you look bad again) doesn't qualify him as whether or not he is "leading a camel to water", but an interview does. Yeah.... Nice reasoning there.

Last edited:

Exactly. He made a mistake in the interview... How does that equate to his ability to lead on the court? It has nothing to do with it.

As you said he may lack in media savvy, but that doesn't have anything to do with his play. Now if they struggle and he struggles, then sure that could be a problem. But right now all his stats, team performance, and clutch demeanor speaks on his ability, not a quote to a newspaper.

And no way they're in the Top 10 right now without him.

Back