Juan Pattillo's facebook status ...

If he leaves, he has to sit out a year, no?

kind of ironic. he's fortunate he still has a redshirt year if he's looking to transfer (or is he getting kicked off the team)?

either way, he's lucky to still have a rs year.

Why? OU will still have Gallon, fitzgerald, Allen, and Wright. That is 4 deep.

I expect Gallon to score, but he is still a true frosh. Fitz is more of an effort guy at this point, and a true frosh. Neither Allen nor Wright have shown that they can score with any kind of consistency.

So does being a effort guy mean that you can't score, rebound, and play defense in this league. We need more effort down low since we're losing the best college player in basketball. I really think that Fitz could get some playing time next year. He's a taller Ernie Abercrombie. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!:clap

So does being a effort guy mean that you can't score, rebound, and play defense in this league. We need more effort down low since we're losing the best college player in basketball. I really think that Fitz could get some playing time next year. He's a taller Ernie Abercrombie. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!:clap

Um.....yea, it scares me only having one guy that you can pass the ball to, and that he can score on his own. It scares me even more that that guy is a true frosh. Garbage buckets are good and well, but to be more than a "good" team, you need to have as many scoring options at possible. We're likely to head into the season with as bad a collection of scoring posts as we have in some time, top to bottom. Now.....if Wright/Allen step up, maybe like Longar did, maybe this isn't AS BIG of an issue. But right now, you have to be a bit concerned. Neither Wright nor Allen have proven they can defend/rebound at a level worthy of starting at OU yet either.

Um.....yea, it scares me only having one guy that you can pass the ball to, and that he can score on his own. It scares me even more that that guy is a true frosh. Garbage buckets are good and well, but to be more than a "good" team, you need to have as many scoring options at possible. We're likely to head into the season with as bad a collection of scoring posts as we have in some time, top to bottom. Now.....if Wright/Allen step up, maybe like Longar did, maybe this isn't AS BIG of an issue. But right now, you have to be a bit concerned. Neither Wright nor Allen have proven they can defend/rebound at a level worthy of starting at OU yet either.

How many times in the past has OU had two post forwards that could score? I just don't think that has happened all that often. Blake's freshman year and sophomore year. Bookout and Gray, King and Grant, Webster and Sallier, who else?

I really think if Tiny can score, you will see Wright and/or Allen get 8-10 a game if they play 30 minutes. One or two true offensive puckets a game and then a couple of garbage buckets and a couple of free throws is 8.

kind of ironic. he's fortunate he still has a redshirt year if he's looking to transfer (or is he getting kicked off the team)?

either way, he's lucky to still have a rs year.

Kinda makes you wonder WHY he might have decided to drop the ship. Could end up being a great move on his part because now he can still go play D1 somewhere.

From two different sources....he's gone. Best of luck to ya, Juan. We hardly knew ye....

So why is he leaving? And does he have to sit out a year?

Any reasons as to why he's leaving Big? The guy had the chance to step into a key role this year for OU, but oh well...

i would speculate that his decision to redshirt at the start of the year greatly contributed to his departure. i don't think coach was ever happy about the me over we attitude.

This doesn't surprise me. I'd watch him a lot at the home games and as he seemed pretty distant during the last several games on the bench. Didn't cheer for teammates much, loafed to the scorers table when told to check in and looked upset every time he got taken out.

He also didn't even warm up with the team on the court in the shootaround for the last several home games when the team came out at halftime. Just came through the tunnel and walked straight to the bench.

There was also and interesting exchange between Capel and he right before halftime of the Kansas game. Capel took him out late in the first half, Juan didn't like it and Capel gave him a talking to on the bench. After Capel got up and left, Juan just leaned back, put his arms back on the charis next to him and shook his head. About 30 seconds later Capel motioned for Juan to go back in for defensive purposes late in the half, and Juan took so long moping to get to the scorers table he almost didn't get in.

Hell of a talent, but don't think he was much of a team guy.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be shocked if his decision to un-redshirt was inspired by his lack of inspiration in the classroom, knowing that he might be gone anyway and this was his chance to play. We needed him, I think, if only to solidify ourselves as a 2 seed. We could have easily lost a couple of games in conference without him and dropped a seed or two.

I wish he wasn't leaving because he could have brought a lot to the team. It's too bad.

freakin' lazy... with all of the help athletes get for academics.. you have to try to not make the grades...

This is what's best for team. The path to getting an education and maybe playing basketball after college was clear and open if Juan would have simply done what he was supposed to do. I applaud Coach Capel in making this move. Good luck to Juan, but all dead weight must go. Time to move on. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

Back