Juan Pattillo's facebook status ...

I applaud Coach Capel for making this decision. If a player doesn’t buy into the program, then he/she needs to move on. The Sooners are coming off an ELITE 8 season. If that doesn’t motivate a kid, then nothing will.

Last edited:
I applaud Coach Capel for making this decision. If a player doesn’t buy into the program, then he/she needs to move on. The Sooners are coming off an ELITE 8 season. If that doesn’t motivate a kid, then nothing will.

Agree 100%.
And this is just another example of why I don't like taking juco transfers unless absolutely necessary. Anymore, with the popularity of prep schools, they just rarely work out.

freakin' lazy... with all of the help athletes get for academics.. you have to try to not make the grades...

i work in higher education (at a Big XII university) and this is completely true.

there's almost no excuse to not make C's...unless you are actively working against it.

I'm not sure Coach Capel had much to do with this....Juan would have been academically unfit to play at OU no matter what.

The kid has struggled with grades at every level. Its a darn shame because he could have really helped us next year.

Hope Juan does well wherever life takes him. Never have i seen a player play so well only to lose alot of confidence and struggle to get his role and game back....

Juan had a couple good games and vanished in even more. And I would hardly consider him a "post scorer" he got most of his points when Blake got doubled (sometimes tripled) and he was wide open for a dunk. Our post guys won't get doubled much next year...

the term is student-athlete. Good luck Juan wherever you end up.

he was flashy but on several occasions he went for dunks and slammed it off the rim and how many times was he guarding someone outside the key and they just ran psst him to the hoop. He could have helped in 09-10 but I don't think he'd have been a star. probably great at times and then very so-so in other games.

I feel for the guy. I know it's his fault for not taking advantage of all that OU offers in terms of academic help, but I just hate to see this happen.

The guy has elite athleticism and could go as far as his work ethic would take him. I just wish there was a way to shake guys like this and show them the different paths they could take in life and where they will ultimately lead them.

What a huge opportunity wasted. A chance to get a degree from the University of Oklahoma. How much potential has been squandered. With the proper regimen and discipline, I could see this guy being a lock-down defender at the next level with his athleticism and length, he just needed to develop offensively. But, the physical tools are there.

I hope that he can land somewhere and, at least, get a degree.

I hate this for the guy. Too many people just aren't willing to let themselves be great.

I feel for the guy. I know it's his fault for not taking advantage of all that OU offers in terms of academic help, but I just hate to see this happen.

The guy has elite athleticism and could go as far as his work ethic would take him. I just wish there was a way to shake guys like this and show them the different paths they could take in life and where they will ultimately lead them.

What a huge opportunity wasted. A chance to get a degree from the University of Oklahoma. How much potential has been squandered. With the proper regimen and discipline, I could see this guy being a lock-down defender at the next level with his athleticism and length, he just needed to develop offensively. But, the physical tools are there.

I hope that he can land somewhere and, at least, get a degree.

I hate this for the guy. Too many people just aren't willing to let themselves be great.

Great post. Juan was very popular with his teammates (especially after the whole redshirt thing blew over). He really did have a lot of potential especially on the defensive end of the floor.

I wish him the best and hope that he gets another chance (much like Moose and Bobby Maze did).

I wish him well in what he does, but I don't have sympathy for him and this quote will tell you why (from Sooner wrestler Kyle Terry)

Best thing about being an OU student-athlete?
"We have it made with all the help we get academically. Without even having to ask, we get tutors to help us out and advisors that take care of us. We are never on our own, we always have someone to help us and talk to."

Link

I wish him well in what he does, but I don't have sympathy for him and this quote will tell you why (from Sooner wrestler Kyle Terry)

Best thing about being an OU student-athlete?
"We have it made with all the help we get academically. Without even having to ask, we get tutors to help us out and advisors that take care of us. We are never on our own, we always have someone to help us and talk to."

Link

Yeah, sorry but I don't have any sympathy either. Juan was right though...he did have it made. Too bad he couldn't even take advantage of that. He had the winning lottery ticket and didn't cash it in.

Yeah, sorry but I don't have any sympathy either. Juan was right though...he did have it made. Too bad he couldn't even take advantage of that. He had the winning lottery ticket and didn't cash it in.

exactly i never feel sorry for someone not making grades when they have a schollie...

I am not sure that Juan or anyone else on here is asking for sympathy. Some folks just aren't college material....no matter what kind of help they get.

Remember that thread about what Juan Pattillo's nickname should be???

I guess it should have been Juan "and done" Pattillo.

Back