Justin McCay

It's possible and a few players have the talent. Griffin who played AAU with Sam said Bradford could get PT on the BB team and of course as mentioned there is Gresham who had the best chance to actually be a contributor in BB. But that doesn't mean it will happen. Stoops said early on when Capel first came in and so many recruits abandon ship with Sampson leaving, that if his players could contribute to the BB team and not just sit the bench, he was all for it and would support that. However, with the talent Capel has brought in, he doesn't need that help anymore and McCay would end up just sitting the bench. This was discussed on Rivals as well shortly after he committed and Josh had just talked to McCay, he assured us that McCay would only be playing football.

Bradford is a good player, but I have to disagree with Blake, he wouldn't get any burn at OU.

You know, I agree that it's rare we'll find a successful two sport football-basketball athlete at OU. Dean Blevins is the last one I can remember and his career wasn't all that.

But, I don't think Stoops should discourage a player who thinks he can do it. It's counterproductive recruiting wise. Most of the time the football player who thinks he can play basketball at a D1 level is mistaken. Also, most of the time, that recruit is a seriously skilled athlete. Marcus Nash comes to mind as someone who insisted he was going to try both sports. Would he have helped our football team? Absolutely. Would he have made the basketball team? He needed to find out on his own which turned out to be, of course not.

I didn't say it will not happen. I guy could do it and sit on the bench and not play. It's not going to happen with a guy that contributes. Like DM said, Charlie Ward is almost 20 years ago now and FSU basketball is not at the level OU hoops is at.

Your quote holds no ground considering Charlie Ward was an NBA veteran. I believe that most NBA teams, including the Knicks in the 90s, are/were more talented than the Sooners are/will be.

Bradford is a good player, but I have to disagree with Blake, he wouldn't get any burn at OU.

Bradford could play for the bball and golf teams. Wow disagreeing with Blake, you must know a lot about basketball.

Your quote holds no ground considering Charlie Ward was an NBA veteran. I believe that most NBA teams, including the Knicks in the 90s, are/were more talented than the Sooners are/will be.

We're talking college not the Knicks teams. Florida State hoops wasn't that talented. They had to have Charlie Ward. And the fact that once again you are going back 15-20 years to find an example is telling.
Who's the last OU football player to make a difference on the basketball team? Please tell me that.

We're talking college not the Knicks teams. Florida State hoops wasn't that talented. They had to have Charlie Ward. And the fact that once again you are going back 15-20 years to find an example is telling.
Who's the last OU football player to make a difference on the basketball team? Please tell me that.

um actually that was probably the best FSU team ever. They had Cassell adn Doug Edwards on those teams. Fact is, today however Charlie Ward is not going to get that same opportunity. Donovan McNabb and Pryor were far better prospects than Ward out of High School and they didn't and won't sniff the court.

Bradford could play for the bball and golf teams. Wow disagreeing with Blake, you must know a lot about basketball.

From a tactical standpoint you're probably right, I do know a lot.

Have played with and against Sam numerous times, very good high school player, would not contribute at a high Division I level (not saying he couldn't be on the team). I know he's a great golfer, so I suppose he could could be on that team, don't really know what type of competition he's up against.

Back