Kameron McGusty

thebigabd

Reaction score
We talk about Trae Young, Odomes, and Doolittle a lot, and those guys will be great. But McGusty has a real chance to be the best of the bunch, in terms of accomplishments at OU. He is the prototype shooting guard, at 6'5'' 195. Great shooting percentages.... He has all the pieces.

Look at these numbers.. Guy is a star in the making. With Trae Young, McGusty, and Odomes OU will be impossible to defend once they start clicking. You have shooting, play-making, size, slashing, and finishing ability. Odomes compliments these guys perfectly.

The most decorated Sooner freshman of the Kruger era, he is the first OU freshman to earn All-Big 12 honors and All-Newcomer status since Tommy Mason-Griffin in 2009-10

Finished third in conference scoring among freshmen with 14.4 points per game...Reached a double figures scoring streak of 15 consecutive outings (Jan. 3 - Feb. 21) - the longest streak by an OU freshman since Jeff Webster (22) in 1990-91 and the longest by any Big 12 freshman this season

His four games of 20+ points are the most by an OU freshman since Tommy Mason-Griffin (seven) in 2009-10.

His 337 total points ranks 10th all-time for a freshman season at OU.

Kam has some James Harden to his game, doesn't he? His stocky build and handles let him push to his spots on the floor, he has some passing vision, and the skills are there. Not trying to get greedy, but if he can be 80% as good a sophomore as Harden was at ASU...

I agree totally. The fact that he's much more likely to be a 4 year player than Trae Young means he has, in my mind, a better chance to be a truly great All-American type player for OU.

He will be great for us in next 3 years.

He has to rebound better than 2.2rpg. He has all the other tools

Kam has some James Harden to his game, doesn't he? His stocky build and handles let him push to his spots on the floor, he has some passing vision, and the skills are there. Not trying to get greedy, but if he can be 80% as good a sophomore as Harden was at ASU...

McGusty is stocky? Not at all.

I do see some similarities in their game though...

I liken him to Jamal Crawford, and it wouldn't be a big shock to see him test the draft waters after this season...

Jamal is who I always thought McGusty played liked. I believe he will leave after his JR year.

He will be great for us in next 3 years.

He has to rebound better than 2.2rpg. He has all the other tools

He won't be here for the next 3 years, unfortunately for us. Neither will Doolittle imo. These guys are next level talents along with young obviously.

He won't be here for the next 3 years, unfortunately for us. Neither will Doolittle imo. These guys are next level talents along with young obviously.

You may be right but if they were truly next level talents- we wouldn't have been so poor this past season.
Not every player develops like a Buddy Hield.
In fact most don't. Just because they put up more ppg than Buddy or Cousins doesn't mean they'll have same trajectory.

Hope we are anxiously waiting whether they withdraw or stay I draft in 2 years

Back