Kansas State now has an 8 member recruiting class

thebigabd

Reaction score
7 recruits and a D1 transfer. McGuirl, Murphy, and Gordon are pretty much the only contributors that return.

Totally cleaning house up there... Cartier Diarra is gone, Sneed graduated, bunch of other transfers.

Probable starting lineup at this point:

PG: Rudi Williams (6'3'' 200) - Juco Transfer
-Transfer from NEO. Chose KSU over Arizona State and Memphis. Averaged 21 points, 8.9 assists and 6.7 rebounds per game in junior college. Williams led all junior-college players in assists last season and also has the potential to create his own shot.

SG: Mike McGuirl (6'2'' 190) - Senior
-Averaged 7 points and 2 rebounds per game as a junior. Shot 40% from the 3pt line

SG: Dajuan Gordon (6'4' 185) - Sophomore
-Averaged 6 points and 3 rebounds per game last year as a true freshman.

PF: Montavious Murphy (6'9'' 200) - Sophomore
-Averaged 5 points and 4 rebounds per game as a true freshman. Started 16 of 19 games he played in.

PF: Carlton Linguard (6'11'' 200) - Juco Transfer
-A 6-foot-11, 200-pound power forward, Linguard will have three years of eligibility remaining after playing just one season at Temple College in Temple, Texas, where he ranked among the best shot blockers and rebounders in the NJCAA. NJCAA's Top 5 in blocked shots (3.6 bpg./4th) and offensive rebounds (4.3 rpg./5th), while averaging a near double-double at 13.3 points and 9.5 rebounds per game for the season. He also ranked 23rd nationally in rebounding (9.5 rpg.) and 27th in total rebounds (285). He connected on 51.4 percent (164-of-319) from the field and 70.1 percent (61-of-87) from the free throw line.

Bench:

PG: Nigel Pack (4 star point guard recruit, true freshman)
SG: Selton Miguel (4 star shooting guard recruit, true freshman)
SG: Luke Kasubke (3 star shooting guard recruit, true freshman)
PF: Antonio Gordon (6'9'' 215 sophomore who was pretty good as a freshman)
C: Kaosi Ezeagu (6'10'' 245 UTEP transfer)

It's a good thing they did away with the max amount of new guys you can have each year. I believe it was 5 or 6. It's been gone for years. With today's transfers nobody would be able to field a squad. Maybe they should go back to it to keep all these kids from transferring so much.

KSU will beat us at least once next year. They always do.

It's a good thing they did away with the max amount of new guys you can have each year. I believe it was 5 or 6. It's been gone for years. With today's transfers nobody would be able to field a squad. Maybe they should go back to it to keep all these kids from transferring so much.

KSU will beat us at least once next year. They always do.

They will be a total unknown... likely the biggest unknown in the league. Murphy and Gordon are talented, but are they ready to be double figure guys? Will the two juco transfers pan out? You pretty much have to rank them last place in the league until these questions get answered, and they would be smart to schedule the easiest non-con in history to gain confidence and gel.

I've seen Rudi Williams play five or six times.

He's a talented player but he'll have to mature on the court. He was ejected from one game I saw for jawing with an official and got other techs for taunting. He may mature and be a contributor but I don't see him as a difference maker at the Big 12 level.

As an OU fan, I would not have wanted LK to have recruited him.

I've seen Rudi Williams play five or six times.

He's a talented player but he'll have to mature on the court. He was ejected from one game I saw for jawing with an official and got other techs for taunting. He may mature and be a contributor but I don't see him as a difference maker at the Big 12 level.

As an OU fan, I would not have wanted LK to have recruited him.

Interesting... NEO is very low level juco ball, so you always have to be careful when they aren't from the right league.. Will be curious to see how he does.

Back