Kansas-Texas

This game sure lost a lot of its luster in recent weeks. I think it benefits OU more to have Texas win. Makes our win look better...

I really don't think much of the nation cares about this game now.

It will definitely be interesting. Pittman gave Aldrich all kinds of trouble last year when he was in the game. That should be a fun matchup.

As for UT's defense I don't think Barnes likes to use the zone much so I don't see him going to that too often. It will also be interesting to see how UT's backcourt plays to see if they play as selfish and disjointed as they did against OU. Jordan Hamilton is one of the biggest ball hogs I've ever seen. He shot the ball every time he touched it against OU.

If Pittman plays to his potential, he could certainly give Aldrich some problems. But he hasn't been the same player this year....I think it's a situation of subtraction by addition. It appears that there aren't enough basketballs for that team right now. And you're right, Barnes is almost as opposed to the zone as Eddie Sutton was. But I think he realizes that when his "offensive" lineup is in the game, that he is going to have to switch it up on the defensive end. So we may see more zone than we are used to seeing with texas. Those specific "offensive" guys just can't guard as well as Balbay, Mason, or Gary Johnson.

As for Hamilton, he was somewhat of a ballhog against osu last Monday, but he made his shots in that game. That's what you get with a freshman. I think he is extremely talented, but has poor court awareness/recognition of the flow of the game. I think Barnes should limit the time of his freshman (Brown, Hamilton) with the exception of Bradley....that guy has a fairly complete game for a freshman. It may sound odd, but I think texas' best overall lineup is one of their smallest ones: Balbay, Mason, Bradley, James, and Johnson.....3 Gs and 2 Fs.

This game sure lost a lot of its luster in recent weeks. I think it benefits OU more to have Texas win. Makes our win look better...

I really don't think much of the nation cares about this game now.

Some may argue that a Texas loss is better for us because we would actually have a chance of catching them....if they continue to struggle and with their upcoming schedule (@Mizzou, @A*M, @Baylor).

But I agree with you BigTime, I don't think it's realistic that we are going to get to 10-6 in the conference this year.....so a Texas win certainly helps us in the short term.

Some may argue that a Texas loss is better for us because we would actually have a chance of catching them....if they continue to struggle and with their upcoming schedule (@Mizzou, @A*M, @Baylor).

But I agree with you BigTime, I don't think it's realistic that we are going to get to 10-6 in the conference this year.....so a Texas win certainly helps us in the short term.

I want to lock in that NIT bid! :)

Plus, I never root for Kansas Basketball. Can't do it. Won't do it.

I was hoping someone would pick up on that.

Yep. I'm a realist. I think you are rooting for KU deep down. Your love for Sherron has you pulling for them. Plus any self respecting OU fan can't root for :fexas-logo:

Yep. I'm a realist. I think you are rooting for KU deep down. Your love for Sherron has you pulling for them. Plus any self respecting OU fan can't root for :fexas-logo:
I'm for Kansas because, well, let's just say it's in my financial interest.

And sure, Sherron is another good season. I'm glad he will be gone next year, so I can go back to being biased and slanted against KU. My guy Crandle Head will be up at Illinois next year, so I can vest some interest there. OU doesn't play every day, and UIC wins about 10 games a year.

Last edited:
Moved the tip back 15 minutes and we're still missing game time, good ol big east.

It looks like I couldn't have been more wrong about this game. texas is down 11 and it looks like they may get boatraced.

Makes me sick to watch Kansas fire on all cylinders. If Aldrich would have made that disgusting thing that he calls a jump shot from the elbow then I would have just turned it off.

Makes me sick to watch Kansas fire on all cylinders. If Aldrich would have made that disgusting thing that he calls a jump shot from the elbow then I would have just turned it off.

No kidding. Aldrich's shot is horrendous.

Neither team was playing particularly as of late going into this game. Will be interesting to see how the 2nd half plays out.

A "Fire Rick Barnes" thread has just been started on the Orangebloods.com premium board. :D

A "Fire Rick Barnes" thread has just been started on the Orangebloods.com premium board. :D

He's clearly getting out-coached in the first half. The announcers in the studio are right....you can't play 11 guys in the first half. Barnes needs to settle on a rotation like Self has even at the risk of making people upset....you can't make everyone happy.
The 2nd half should be a good one...hopefully James cools down.

As much as I HATE texas, they sure are getting screwed on a lot of calls tonight. They are consistently getting hammered down low and yet nothing is called - KU mugging quite frequently, IMO.

There might be some dirty plays here in the last four. Especially after the bows by Aldrich on James.
:tinypower

Back