Kansas-Texas

I know they aren't...that's my point.
He's he start over on Tech...Roberson, Tairu & Okorie are all better.
And he sure as heck doesn't beat out Higgins and Burks for CU.

At CU, I don't know, maybe not. But, as good as Higgins & Burks are...and I like them, they've won 2 conference games.

Wouldn't start over Roberson obviously due to PG role, but I think he would get the nod at the other spot.

Hard for me to defend him when I recognize he's a offensive liability.

I didn't watch tonight but I watch a fair amount of Texas basketball and I think Balbay is pretty good. I think the Gotlieb comparisons are reasonable but most people (not me) called Gotlieb an All Big XII level player.

The Gottlieb comparison is just referring to the likeness of their games...not the numbers. Gottlieb was much more better numbers wise.
Balbay avgs 4 points and 4 assists. That's weak for a starting PG on a top 15 team. Balbay is a big part why they are struggling. If he doesn't play tonight and Brown gets all the minutes at the point Texas may have won.

Re: Chalk up 10th Big XII title for KU

The Big XII is 14 years old. I don't know about you but I'm tired of seeing KU dominating the league. Even in their down years they still win the conference. The rest of the league needs to step up and at least challenge them because not only are they winning it the conference they usually run away with it.

Obviously KU has added advantages over the rest of the conference but it's ridiculous to see them doing this. How good is the conference really if one team dominates it like KU does?

I don't think this is true. Missouri had an undefeated season (was that Big XII or the end of the Big 8). ISU has won this conference. Texas has won the conference. OU has won the conference. OSU has won the conference. KU is the dominant program but they were the dominate program of the Big 8. KU is simply one of the top 5 basketball programs in the country. KU probably has 7 conference titles (maybe more) but this is a competitive conference.

Well the problem is that this season is shaping up to be the least competitive it has ever been.

The Gottlieb comparison is just referring to the likeness of their games...not the numbers. Gottlieb was much more better numbers wise.
Balbay avgs 4 points and 4 assists. That's weak for a starting PG on a top 15 team. Balbay is a big part why they are struggling. If he doesn't play tonight and Brown gets all the minutes at the point Texas may have won.

Isn't Balbay a sophomore and Gotlieb came to the league as junior? What I see with Texas is a team that doesn't have a starting lineup and set rotation. It is like they have 10 or 11 guys but no real leader (other than James).

Well the problem is that this season is shaping up to be the least competitive it has ever been.

Kansas is pretty freaking good. I think the Big XII is a strong conference but Kansas is a super strong team.

I don't think this is true. Missouri had an undefeated season (was that Big XII or the end of the Big 8). ISU has won this conference. Texas has won the conference. OU has won the conference. OSU has won the conference. KU is the dominant program but they were the dominate program of the Big 8. KU is simply one of the top 5 basketball programs in the country. KU probably has 7 conference titles (maybe more) but this is a competitive conference.

After this season KU will have won outright or tied 10 out of 14 Big XII regular season titles. The conference hasn't been competitive enough to effect KU one bit. Like seniorsooner said, it's embarrassing.

If I didn't know better I would say that a bunch of people on here would rather see Texas win the big 12 than Kansas. I could have sworn this web address said ouhoops.com, not welovethebig12.com

If I didn't know better I would say that a bunch of people on here would rather see Texas win the big 12 than Kansas. I could have sworn this web address said ouhoops.com, not welovethebig12.com

I agree. I never could root for texass for anything...:fexas-logo::fexas-logo:

When they play Mason and Balbay together, you know those two guys aren't going to score. They just don't have a lot of scorers. Their best pure scorer is Hamilton, but that guy kills Texas more than he does the other team.

I wanted to chime in on a couple of points:

Mason is a good guy to have coming off the bench. He can defend and rebound well. He's one of those guys that does the "little things". Is he a scorer?....no, but Texas doesn't ask him to score. The closest player I would compare him to as far as OU is concerned would be Godbold. Although he isn't the shooter/scorer Godbold was, Mason is a little better defender and ballhandler.

Barnes is getting ripped on this thread and some of it is justified, however he did get that team off to a 17-0 start.....so maybe they were overachieving a bit during the 1st half of the season. Lately, he has turned their rotation into a cluster, but last night I think we saw the establishment of their PG (Brown) for the rest of the season. Texas does have other problems (no offensive flow, no quality depth inside) but they are still a pretty good team.

KU will always be the flagship school of Big 12 basketball...whether they are winning the conference or not. Much like OU and Texas are in football. It's just the way it is. If we don't like it, then we should get better.

No. He wouldn't start for OSU either. No way. He's not as good as Anderson or Muonelo on the wings and can't be the point like Page or Penn.
Mason is an undersized 2 guard that can't score.

Boy I remember debates on this board about how much better Mason was than AJ. (They played high school ball together). Now apparently Mason is terrible. I am not saying you were one of the guys pimping Mason but I absolutely remember those debates.

I am obviously bias but I really like our guards....If we break it down and play the traditional 3 guard lineup there are not alot of people I would trade them for:

1) TMG -- the way he is playing there is noone I would want to swap with
2) WW -- I still have faith in willie....giving his ability to take over a game I would keep him
3) Crocker -- I have became a huge fan of crock over the last couple years....he gives us alittle scoring, alittle defense, and alittle rebounding...I would keep him also

After this season KU will have won outright or tied 10 out of 14 Big XII regular season titles. The conference hasn't been competitive enough to effect KU one bit. Like seniorsooner said, it's embarrassing.

I guess I don't get why it is embarrassing that one of the best programs in the country is also the best program in the conference.

I guess I don't get why it is embarrassing that one of the best programs in the country is also the best program in the conference.

KU will always be the best program in the conference but that doesn't mean they have to win the league every year.

My post has nothing to do with Texas winning the league and more so to do with wishing the other teams in the Big XII would get consistently better. It's too easy for KU and has been for too long.

KU will always be the best program in the conference but that doesn't mean they have to win the league every year.

My post has nothing to do with Texas winning the league and more so to do with wishing the other teams in the Big XII would get consistently better. It's too easy for KU and has been for too long.

I just don't see where it's been easy for KU every year. Maybe a couple years they have been by far the best team. Other years they benefitted by being in the weak North while the South were beating each other up.

Part of it is Self's teams are coached for the grind and perfect for conference play. He was in the process of dominating the Big 10 in the same exact way. I don't think he gets enough credit for the way he prepares his teams for conference play.

I'm for Kansas because, well, let's just say it's in my financial interest.

And sure, Sherron is another good season. I'm glad he will be gone next year, so I can go back to being biased and slanted against KU. My guy Crandle Head will be up at Illinois next year, so I can vest some interest there. OU doesn't play every day, and UIC wins about 10 games a year.

Did you go to UIC? I remember when OU played them in the '02 tourney... Even though Banks was off that night, I thought he was nice... And that Thor guy at center was interesting, I thought he could have passed as a hitman for the Russian mob. Yall played OU as close as anyone in the tourney, save for Indiana of course.

Boy I remember debates on this board about how much better Mason was than AJ. (They played high school ball together). Now apparently Mason is terrible. I am not saying you were one of the guys pimping Mason but I absolutely remember those debates.

I don't think Mason is garbage I just think he's a role player off the bench for a good team. He's been a starter for Texas. A top 5 team like they were much of the year just doesn't start Balbay and Mason. They are lucky to get 10 points combined. They are bench players.

Mason is one of them guys that came in young as a pretty mature young fella. AJ really got better late in his career. Mason was much better as a Fr and So and AJ better as a Jr & Sr.

Back