Kansas-Texas

If James didn't want to get elbowed, he should have got out of the way.

Re: Chalk up 10th Big XII title for KU

The Big XII is 14 years old. I don't know about you but I'm tired of seeing KU dominating the league. Even in their down years they still win the conference. The rest of the league needs to step up and at least challenge them because not only are they winning it the conference they usually run away with it.

Obviously KU has added advantages over the rest of the conference but it's ridiculous to see them doing this. How good is the conference really if one team dominates it like KU does?

Yep. Texas is weak. Sooo overrated. Too bad Blh isn't around anymore talking all that smack. Like I said back then they are a bunch of headcases and don't play like a team. Bunch of punks. Baylor and OU need to pass their butts this season.

Classic Rick Barnes. He does less with more talent than anyone else in the entire country. No way that team should have lost 5 of their last 7.

Classic Rick Barnes. He does less with more talent than anyone else in the entire country. No way that team should have lost 5 of their last 7.

I'm not sure they have that much talent. James is a freak. Bradley and Brown are good but young...the rest are stiffs. Pittman is horrible and always has been. Balbay is Gottlieb's twin. Hamilton is selfish and cares nothing about anything but shooting.

I think the way barnes is running this team is like he has Kentucky level talent when he doesn't. He needs to settle on an 8 or 9 (tops) Man rotation and meld these guys into a team.

National Rivals Rank:

#4 Avery Bradley (09)
#6 Jordan Hamilton (09)
#67 Shawn Williams (09)
#54 J'Covan Brown (08)
#43 Jai Lucas (07)
#61 Gary Johnson (07)
#73 Clint Chapman (07)
#87 Alexis Wangemene (07)
#17 Damion James (06)
#86 Justin Mason (06)

Now we all know that high school rankings are very subjective, but that's a lot of talent to be losing as many games as they have been.

I think they personally play to many people. Playing 11 people in one half is a bit much. They also lack a go to scorer. James is the closest thing they have to that, but he gets a lot of his points off putbacks and dunks. They don't really run the offense through him.

I think the way barnes is running this team is like he has Kentucky level talent when he doesn't. He needs to settle on an 8 or 9 (tops) Man rotation and meld these guys into a team.

I bet he will after tonight. Brown will get the lion's share of the PG minutes.

I think they personally play to many people. Playing 11 people in one half is a bit much. They also lack a go to scorer. James is the closest thing they have to that, but he gets a lot of his points off putbacks and dunks. They don't really run the offense through him.

I agree. Balbay shouldn't even play let alone start.
Rotation should be:

Guards: Bradley, Brown & Mason
Forwards: James, Johnson, Hamilton
Centers: Pittman, Chapman

Really though there isn't that much talent other than James and the freshmen class. I've said all year their talent is overrated. It just is. Dexter Pittman is a backup on real top 10 teams. Balbay doesn't even get minutes on most top 20 teams. The back up bigs suck. Johnson is solid. Mason isn't very good.

Rotation should be:

Really though there isn't that much talent other than James and the freshmen class. I've said all year their talent is overrated. It just is. Dexter Pittman is a backup on real top 10 teams. Balbay doesn't even get minutes on most top 20 teams. The back up bigs suck. Johnson is solid. Mason isn't very good.

I mostly agree with you, but I think Mason is a pretty solid player. Would love to have him on OU's roster.

Has Ma. Morriss somehow become the best low post offensive threat in the conf? Seems strange, but I think so...

As for Texas I agree with Cheno. Its tough when they have 2 guards (experienced) who can't provide anything from the perimeter. Probably need to just try to force Brown & Bradley to carry them and give it to James every time down.

I mostly agree with you, but I think Mason is a pretty solid player. Would love to have him on OU's roster.

I mean, yeah, he's solid..but on a top 15 team he's a 5-10 minute type of guy. He's been a starter for Texas most of the year.

I'm just really weak on Texas. They've been disappointing. I was looking forward to a great Big 12 season and they haven't done their part. They could have taken our conference to the next level nationally. Now there is no talk about the conference. If you'd have told me KU had the conference locked up again half way thru the league play I'd have said no way. It's not even close.

Has Ma. Morriss somehow become the best low post offensive threat in the conf? Seems strange, but I think so..
Yes, cat put in serious work on his game. He's unstoppable offensively because he can do it all. He should be first team all league with Collins...not Aldrich.

Mason would be really productive in the right role, but with Balbay in the backcourt, then you have 2 guys you don't have to guard.

Mason would be really productive in the right role,

Yeah and that role involves him playing for a Missouri Valley team.
He's not a Big 12 starter on a really good Big 12 team. In fact he doesn't start for Colorado or Tech

Yeah and that role involves him playing for a Missouri Valley team.
He's not a Big 12 starter on a really good Big 12 team. In fact he doesn't start for Colorado or Tech

Well, CU & Tech are not "really good Big 12 teams". So, he would start for them. Especially at those 2 places where defense is valued.

Well, CU & Tech are not "really good Big 12 teams". So, he would start for them. Especially at those 2 places where defense is valued.

I know they aren't...that's my point.
He's he start over on Tech...Roberson, Tairu & Okorie are all better.
And he sure as heck doesn't beat out Higgins and Burks for CU.

Rotation should be:

I didn't watch tonight but I watch a fair amount of Texas basketball and I think Balbay is pretty good. I think the Gotlieb comparisons are reasonable but most people (not me) called Gotlieb an All Big XII level player.

Could he beat out Keiton Page? lol

No. He wouldn't start for OSU either. No way. He's not as good as Anderson or Muonelo on the wings and can't be the point like Page or Penn.
Mason is an undersized 2 guard that can't score.

Balbay is a player that is essential to shut down teams who just have one primary scorer (see Anderson at OSU). Unfortunately against a team like KU, his biggest advantage his negated because KU has so many guys who can put it in the basket.

I have defended Barnes a lot in the past, but this has been a terrible job of coaching the past 3 weeks...a team of this talent and caliber losing 5 of 7 is embarrassing.

Back