Kirk Hinrich Story

campbest

Reaction score
Someone asked me to tell this story on another board and I realized I hadn't shared it with you guys, I know some of you will enjoy it because it involves a KU player being a douche. Plus, it's the off-season and I'm tired of draft stocks.

Ok...bear with me.

I was in Lawrence visitng a buddy of mine whom I played JUCO ball with a few years back, I was currently at OU and he was finishing his illustrious career at Baker University (just down the road). My friend is a HUGE Duke fan, and I guess the Bulls were in town playing an exhibition game in KC. The night afterwards we are all at the bar hanging out, there was a girl with us that my buddy had been kind of "seeing".

Well, he goes to the restroom and as he is standing there doing his business, he realizes Chris Duhon is standing next to him. Surprised (and drunk) he almost urinates all over Duhon's leg by trying to shake his hand and tell him how much he loves the Blue Devils. Duhon is weirded out and kinda says thanks and walks out the door.

My friend walks back to where we were standing asks where the girl was. We all knew and just pointed across the bar, sure enough, she's standing there with Kirk's arm around her shoulder and they are enjoying some adult beverages together. My buddy is p*ssed and wants to leave, I tell him to hold on and try to go get her. So I go over and say "hey, _____ is ready to leave. You coming?" She looks at me like "Do you know who this that I'm about to get with", which I guess I couldn't blame her. She asks is ______ really mad and I say, kinda. Well Kirk asks about who we are talking about. She points out my friend and he notices that they are the same height. Hinrich asks if he played ball anywhere, she responds, yeah at Baker (NAIA school).

Kirk laughes out loud.

So I walk back and relay the info, my buddy storms off. We get held up for a minute, she walks over to us and says she is ready to go. As my friend is walking back to us, him and Kirk brush by each other and from what my friend says, Kirk mutters "I'm in the .... NBA, who do you think she's going home with tonight?" He loses it, yells at Kirk, breaks a shot glass on the ground.

But instead of threatening to fight, my friend challenges Kirk to 3 point contest in Allen Fieldhouse, winner takes home the booty. Kirk is a little puzzled but starts screaming back "We can do that, we can do that. I have the keys right here." This proceeds for another minute until the bouncers throw us (not Kirk) out. The girl eventually left with us, but I was really hoping they would of shot it out for her.

Was kinda mad for awhile, because I loved Kirk when I was in high school, but now all I can think of when I see him play is his quote about taking the girl home.

Sorry for the length...all of it was necessary

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone asked me to tell this story on another board and I realized I hadn't shared it with you guys, I know some of you will enjoy it because it involves a KU player being a douche. Plus, it's the off-season and I'm tired of draft stocks.

Ok...bear with me.

I was in Lawrence visitng a buddy of mine whom I played JUCO ball with a few years back, I was currently at OU and he was finishing his illustrious career at Baker University (just down the road). My friend is a HUGE Duke fan, and I guess the Bulls were in town playing an exhibition game in KC. The night afterwards we are all at the bar hanging out, there was a girl with us that my buddy had been kind of "seeing".

Well, he goes to the restroom and as he is standing there doing his business, he realizes Chris Duhon is standing next to him. Surprised (and drunk) he almost urinates all over Duhon's leg by trying to shake his hand and tell him how much he loves the Blue Devils. Duhon is weirded out and kinda says thanks and walks out the door.

My friend walks back to where we were standing asks where the girl was. We all knew and just pointed across the bar, sure enough, she's standing there with Kirk's arm around her shoulder and they are enjoying some adult beverages together. My buddy is p*ssed and wants to leave, I tell him to hold on and try to go get her. So I go over and say "hey, _____ is ready to leave. You coming?" She looks at me like "Do you know who this that I'm about to get with", which I guess I couldn't blame her. She asks is ______ really mad and I say, kinda. Well Kirk asks about who we are talking about. She points out my friend and he notices that they are the same height. Hinrich asks if he played ball anywhere, she responds, yeah at Baker (NAIA school).

Kirk laughes out loud.

So I walk back and relay the info, my buddy storms off. We get held up for a minute, she walks over to us and says she is ready to go. As my friend is walking back to us, him and Kirk brush by each other and from what my friend says, Kirk mutters "I'm in the f*cking NBA, who do you think she's going home with tonight?" He loses it, yells at Kirk, breaks a shot glass on the ground.

But instead of threatening to fight, my friend challenges Kirk to 3 point contest in Allen Fieldhouse, winner takes home the booty. Kirk is a little puzzled but starts screaming back "We can do that, we can do that. I have the keys right here." This proceeds for another minute until the bouncers throw us (not Kirk) out. The girl eventually left with us, but I was really hoping they would of shot it out for her.

Was kinda mad for awhile, because I loved Kirk when I was in high school, but now all I can think of when I see him play is his quote about taking the girl home.

Think I can get some continuing education credits or something for reading this?

Just kidding, good read.

Last edited:
Think I can get some continuing education credits or something for reading this?

Just kidding, good read.

Haha, it's the end of the day at the end of the month, just trying to kill time.

Ok...bear with me.

Kirk laughes out loud.

So I walk back and relay the info, my buddy storms off. We get held up for a minute, she walks over to us and says she is ready to go. As my friend is walking back to us, him and Kirk brush by each other and from what my friend says, Kirk mutters "I'm in the f*cking NBA, who do you think she's going home with tonight?" He loses it, yells at Kirk, breaks a shot glass on the ground.

If I was your friend, that girl would be out of my life. There would be no debate, no second chances, nothing to consider. He should really consider whether he needs a person like that in his life. Hinrich may be jerk but his girl friend has some major issues. He will probably never see Hinrich again but that girl has the potential to do some real harm. He should get ride of her immediately.

Does this mean it's cool for me to go to the Owen Field board and share my story about when I was at NEO and Jeremy Shockey hit on my GF while I was standing right next to her? haha

Does this mean it's cool for me to go to the Owen Field board and share my story about when I was at NEO and Jeremy Shockey hit on my GF while I was standing right next to her? haha

The same Jeremy Shockey that was best friends with Dan Cody, but would challenge him to fights daily.............no!

#1- your friend should have beat the crap out of Elf Boy, forget a shooting contest.
#2- tell your friend to find another girl.

#1- your friend should have beat the crap out of Elf Boy, forget a shooting contest.
#2- tell your friend to find another girl.

#1 - probably should have, but I don't think he's been in a fight before, plus the shooting contest sounds better.

#2 - Couldn't even tell you where this girl is today.

But instead of threatening to fight, my friend challenges Kirk to 3 point contest in Allen Fieldhouse, winner takes home the booty.
He sounds like a real charmer.

in all seriousness, words do not describe how cool it must be to be kirk friggin heinreich.

Nothing like a good Kirk Hinrich story. Oh, the memories.

Did your friend ask him what it felt like to to be Hollis Price's B!tch? :hollis754:

I think you're forgetting the part where Hinrich rode a Unicorn out of the bar and then got into a fight with the Loch Ness monster in the parking lot.

Back