Ksu

WichitaSooner

Reaction score
They just got a commitment from Keyontae Johnson, the former Florida player who collapsed on the court two seasons ago due to a heart condition. He was a stud before that happened. I really wish Weber was still in Manhattan lol. KSU is putting together a nice roster.

Hes gonna lose a $5 million insurance policy if he plays supposedly..

They just got a commitment from Keyontae Johnson, the former Florida player who collapsed on the court two seasons ago due to a heart condition. He was a stud before that happened. I really wish Weber was still in Manhattan lol. KSU is putting together a nice roster.

The ESPN scroll said he was cleared to play at KSU but not cleared at Florida.

Assuming there’s not more to the announcement than we know, am I the only one who would not be comfortable with this kid taking the court on my watch?

It’s always concerning when a player can’t get medically cleared and then transfers to play somewhere else. How is the liability less at ksu vs Florida?

I hope he’s fine but there’s more important things than playing basketball.

I’m guessing it’s similar to Grant C… our TE that “retired” due to medical issues at OU then went and played somewhere. Prob more of the university saying we are not going to be responsible.

Just a guess

Tang deserves a ton of credit. He inherited a much worse roster and overall situation than Moser and he’s seemingly put together a lot of good pieces. That’s why I was not as inclined as many on the board to give Moser a free pass for some of the issues last season. The portal gives you an opportunity to add talent quickly.

Johnson was cleared by several other schools. I’d guess Florida just didn’t feel comfortable since they were the ones who had to witness that awful incident firsthand.

Back