KU fans seem to think Royce Woolridge offer pulled

Seymore Cox

Reaction score
Some think there is no room for Lamb. I hope the second is the case.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=172&f=2481&t=4813426&p=2

On this thread there were some recruiting projections. Some projected KU will have a PG, SF, and PF position as priority. They think Knight, Barnes, and Payne are the primary targets. If this is the objective of their coaches, I like it. Why? Because the takes KU out of the running for Jones and Lamb. There is also the possibility of KU losing a scholarship. Most notably X Henry. I personally have a conspiracy theory on the Releford situation. I think one of the reasons that Trevor Releford picked Alabama was because if things were to go wrong with Travis, he could transfer from KU and not lose a year by transfering inconference.

I think one of the reasons that Trevor Releford picked Alabama was because if things were to go wrong with Travis, he could transfer from KU and not lose a year by transfering inconference.
He would still have to sit out a year unless he gets a waiver from the NCAA and since it is usually just for kids needing to be closing to home for a family issue (CJ Henry needing to be closer to daddy aside) I doubt Trevor would get one.

I don't know about buying into a conspiracy theory (even if it is a juicy one.lol), but I hope the rumor about KU backing off of Lamb is true.

If KU backed off of Lamb, I can't see any reason why he wouldn't come to OU. He loves Capel and OU, his parents love Capel, too, and I'm sure he loves the idea of coming in to take the place of a lottery pick.

This may just be rumor, but if true I would absolutely jump for joy.

I wouldn't say cuz a fan or two in a message board thread about Woolridge means "KU fans seem to think Royce Woolridge offer pulled". :ez-laugh:
Royce just had a meeting in-home with the coaches this past week and said it went fantastic.
KU has 3 for sure schollies for next year and possibly a 4th if X goes pro which I think he will.

Woolridge has 1 schollie. Then KU is in on a large number of top guys so it is very possible they get a commit or two before Lamb or Jones decides which would be great for OU.

I would agree Knight and Barnes are there top perimeter targets but Self has always recruited a bunch of guys and I guarantee would take Lamb if he wanted to commit. Lamb is going to be a great player. Knight and Barnes just happen to be both top 5 players and #1 at their positions.

Some think there is no room for Lamb. I hope the second is the case.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=172&f=2481&t=4813426&p=2

On this thread there were some recruiting projections. Some projected KU will have a PG, SF, and PF position as priority. They think Knight, Barnes, and Payne are the primary targets. If this is the objective of their coaches, I like it. Why? Because the takes KU out of the running for Jones and Lamb. There is also the possibility of KU losing a scholarship. Most notably X Henry. I personally have a conspiracy theory on the Releford situation. I think one of the reasons that Trevor Releford picked Alabama was because if things were to go wrong with Travis, he could transfer from KU and not lose a year by transfering inconference.

No way any school is backing off a top 30 player right now unless they flat out don't have a ship which isn't the case. Can always find a way to make room for a kid like this.

No way any school is backing off a top 30 player right now unless they flat out don't have a ship which isn't the case. Can always find a way to make room for a kid like this.

Absolutely. Nobody is backing off Jones or Lamb. They are complete studs. It's going to be a battle to the end for all schools involved.

Absolutely. Nobody is backing off Jones or Lamb. They are complete studs. It's going to be a battle to the end for all schools involved.

I don't subscribe to KU backing off of those guys and I don't subscribe to what some fans think about backing off of a major recruit like Woolridge. It's just funny that some fans would think a coaching staff would do something that drastic in order to get another recruit. I guess their is a history......

I don't subscribe to KU backing off of those guys and I don't subscribe to what some fans think about backing off of a major recruit like Woolridge. It's just funny that some fans would think a coaching staff would do something that drastic in order to get another recruit. I guess their is a history......

One, I haven't heard any message board talk of Royce Woolridge offer being pulled like this entire thread is about. He just met with the KU coaches in-home and he said it went really well and he can't wait to get there.
And Woolridge isn't a "major recruit". Scout has him 3 star and in the 150 range. Don't put too much stock into what a fan or two "thinks" on a message board. We had some here saying the same about Kyle H.

Too me guys like Royce and Kyle are good team guys to have. They've both always wanted to play for KU and OU. That's invaluable. Now I will say both committed very early (Royce as a soph and Kyle as a frosh to Sampson) and that is the risk you take. I don't see neither as impact players at this level but you can't have 13 impact players.

Don't put too much stock into what a fan or two "thinks" on a message board.

you're being too kind to your fellow ku fans. it was far more that a fan or two that felt (and many still feel) that woolridge was a far better recruit than a rated 3 star. it was damn near unanimous among ku fans last season that he would dramatically jump up in the ratings this summer. and even today you frequently see ku fans on the natl boards complaining about his ranking.

you're being too kind to your fellow ku fans. it was far more that a fan or two that felt (and many still feel) that woolridge was a far better recruit than a rated 3 star. it was damn near unanimous among ku fans last season that he would dramatically jump up in the ratings this summer. and even today you frequently see ku fans on the natl boards complaining about his ranking.

I think he's a far better recruit than a 3 star myself. That wasn't what we were talking about. The "fan or two" comment were the ones saying to pull his scholly if KU lands a Barnes & a Knight. You are talking about two different things.
Of course fans always think there recruits are better than advertised.

I think he's a far better recruit than a 3 star myself.

so do i. or at least "better", maybe not "far better". he can score, which is a more important positive than his negatives.

so do i. or at least "better", maybe not "far better". he can score, which is a more important positive than his negatives.

Yeah and he could still be growing. His brother was a late bloomer I believe.
Or half brother at Tennessee that is. Plus he's a 4.0 kid who's always loved KU. I take those type of kids all day. Well, at least 2-3. LOL.

Yeah and he could still be growing. His brother was a late bloomer I believe.
Or half brother at Tennessee that is. Plus he's a 4.0 kid who's always loved KU. I take those type of kids all day. Well, at least 2-3. LOL.

I know it was a fringe statement at best made by just a few KU fans, but I think that is a little dramatic of a senario by any fan. OU fans didn't even come up with that senario after Kyle Hardrick's stock started slipping and he is half the prospect of Woolridge.

Back