Kur Kuath on board!!

coolm

Reaction score
So I am assuming he backs up Jumani? That means he should get good minutes.

If he starts right off leaving it all on the floor he will gain a following rather quick.

That means NOT leaving enough in reserve for the swim back. See Gattaca.

I think him & Polla will battle for the backup 5 position.

This guy will toss Polla around like a rag doll. Looks strong.

I'm assuming he backs up the 4 spot more than the 5.

He's a 6'9" shot blocker. He's Lattin, a definite 5.

I'm wondering if he's still at his listed weight of 185. If so, he may not play that much at all. With the current roster, I'd prefer to see more of Manek & Doolittle on the court together when McNeace isn't in the game unless Kuath really plays well in relief.

I'm wondering if he's still at his listed weight of 185. If so, he may not play that much at all. With the current roster, I'd prefer to see more of Manek & Doolittle on the court together when McNeace isn't in the game unless Kuath really plays well in relief.

IMO Lattin wasn't skilled enough to be anything other than an undersized 5. Kur is considerably more athletic than Lattin. He'll play small ball 5 when Muni is on the bench or if Polla is a non-factor. Think of him as Serge Ibaka lite.

Agreed. He blocks shots and scores from twelve and in, mostly on drives and dunks. He has no perimeter shot at all (17% from three point range). Maybe he’ll develop one this summer. The shots he takes needs some work. He tends to fall away from the target after he releases the ball.

I agree with Coach Kruger about Kur’s athleticism, high energy and ability to block shots. A “guy who can score in a lot of ways?” I don’t get that part.

"Kur is an active, long athlete with great energy," Sooners coach Lon Kruger said in a release. "He impacts the game on both ends of the floor. He's a terrific shot blocker as well as a guy who can score in a lot of different ways."

http://newsok.com/article/5590536

I agree with Coach Kruger about Kur’s athleticism, high energy and ability to block shots. A “guy who can score in a lot of ways?” I don’t get that part.

Usually it means the guy has no actual shooting ability but is very active and scores a lot of trash.

I know it is a high light reel, but his You Tube does show a 15 - 17 footer around the free throw line. If he is consistent with that it would be a huge plus in the high low

Usually it means the guy has no actual shooting ability but is very active and scores a lot of trash.

Makes sense. Your explanation also fits what I have seen of him on video.

How much of him have you watched? Hope I am not being rude, but have you just watched a video or 2 of him versus scouting him?

Polla is and will be a non factor again next year.

Polla is and will be a non factor again next year.

Maybe. Maybe not.. if he can be mitch Solomon, even if it takes next season and the next to finally get him to play, it will be worth it

How much of him have you watched? Hope I am not being rude, but have you just watched a video or 2 of him versus scouting him?

You’re not rude at all. Your question is valid.

I have watched Kur on every video I could find online. He’s an impressive athlete. I definitely wouldn’t want to challenge him at the rim with his length and great hops. What I’m saying is that he apoears to be limited in what he can do offensively. He averaged 11 ppg and 7 rebounds (rounded off to the highest number) last season,while shooting 17% from three and 59% from the free throw line. Those numbers are out there for anyone to see. Assuming he wasn’t playing hurt, his stat line is anything but impressive.

If you have seen him play in person, you obviously know more about him than I can possibly know. Believe me, I hope I’m wrong. Give us a scouting report. What am I missing?

You’re not rude at all. Your question is valid.

I have watched Kur on every video I could find online. He’s an impressive athlete. I definitely wouldn’t want to challenge him at the rim with his length and great hops. What I’m saying is that he apoears to be limited in what he can do offensively. He averaged 11 ppg and 7 rebounds (rounded off to the highest number) last season,while shooting 17% from three and 59% from the free throw line. Those numbers are out there for anyone to see. Assuming he wasn’t playing hurt, his stat line is anything but impressive.

If you have seen him play in person, you obviously know more about him than I can possibly know. Believe me, I hope I’m wrong. Give us a scouting report. What am I missing?

This is how I see it, too. He'll score on dunks & putbacks, which is fine bc that's all we're going to ask him to do. Rebound. Block shots. Energy on the offensive glass. Pick & roll. High energy guy. Hopefully he's got the strength to compete inside. He's listed around 20 -30 lbs less than Lattin.

What I’m saying is that he apoears to be limited in what he can do offensively. He averaged 11 ppg and 7 rebounds (rounded off to the highest number) last season,while shooting 17% from three and 59% from the free throw line. Those numbers are out there for anyone to see. Assuming he wasn’t playing hurt, his stat line is anything but impressive.

I'd sign on for 11 points and 7 rebounds from him without hesitation.

Back