Kyle Hardrick

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
Let's get some positive vibes going for this kid since he seems to always get left out in the recruiting recaps by both national and locals alike.

Here is a cool pic of him dunking at the LNC:

3169_1042280947752_1547458031_30137048_1288309_n.jpg

did he ever grow after his freshman year? i always worry about guys who play on more high school teams than aau teams.

He was decided so early that he was never really followed by recruiting outlets. I think he will have a chance to make an impact for us in his four years. Plus, you have to love an Oklahoma kid playing at OU.

He was only the man one year, at Lawton his freshman year. He had to defer to Broyle and Allen his sophomore and Junior year and X this year. He went from averaging 13pts to 14pts to 18pts to 10pts. One thing that he has the ability to do at a high level is rebound. That will be his role. Any talk of having him play the wing should cease.

Let's get some positive vibes going for this kid since he seems to always get left out in the recruiting recaps by both national and locals alike.

Here is a cool pic of him dunking at the LNC:

3169_1042280947752_1547458031_30137048_1288309_n.jpg

He can dunk....that's cool.

He was only the man one year, at Lawton his freshman year. He had to defer to Broyle and Allen his sophomore and Junior year and X this year. He went from averaging 13pts to 14pts to 18pts to 10pts. One thing that he has the ability to do at a high level is rebound. That will be his role. Any talk of having him play the wing should cease.

This is not 100% accurate. He was at Lawton Ike as a freshman and they had a couple of upper class men that he deferred to. One of the guys was Eddie Williams who is now at Stephen F. Austin.

Last edited:
I think Kyle will really benefit from a college strength program. In 3 or 4 years he could give OU some spot mins.

He seems like a good kid and wasn't doing all the "S>>>" that PCO was doing at the state tourney.

This guy was selected to go to Nike Camp and Amare skill camp. Not alot of guys can say that. I don't even know if Fitzgerald can say that.

There we go! I like it. :)

Also, I was looking at a Youtube clip of Fitzgerald and caught Hardrick in the background. Hardrick has about an inch to two on Fitz.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-6QFrux1s4[/ame]

Having seen Hardrick play nearly every home game and many away games while he was at Norman, I would say you guys are being extremely optimistic.

Having seen Hardrick play nearly every home game and many away games while he was at Norman, I would say you guys are being extremely optimistic.

No sir. This is a POSITIVE KH thread. I wanted just one. That's all I ask. :ez-laugh:

I will say another nice thing about Kyle. He has done a good job keeping all the weight off of him (he used to be really heavy).

OU has had less. I have faith he'll come in and be a warrior ala Taylor. Mike, does Kyle have a kid?

No sir. This is a POSITIVE KH thread. I wanted just one. That's all I ask. :ez-laugh:

I will say another nice thing about Kyle. He has done a good job keeping all the weight off of him (he used to be really heavy).

I was being positive!:)

I like a coach who honors commitments and keeps his word towards recruits, unlike other slimeballs across the country. I for one hope that Kyle comes in here, works his ass off and is able to make an impact. You can never say signing a local kid is a bad thing unless its really proven that Kyle doesnt belong at this level. If thats the case, and I hope it isnt, it still wasnt a mistake bringing him to OU.

I like a coach who honors commitments and keeps his word towards recruits, unlike other slimeballs across the country. I for one hope that Kyle comes in here, works his ass off and is able to make an impact. You can never say signing a local kid is a bad thing unless its really proven that Kyle doesnt belong at this level. If thats the case, and I hope it isnt, it still wasnt a mistake bringing him to OU.

With so much talent on the roster, and Capel's recruiting track record right now, I really don't have a problem with Hardrick getting a schollie. Do I think he contributes at OU, no.

But if the bolded section is true, I'm sure the situation will probably take care of itself because he would probably transfer for more PT.

Just my .02

Back