Latest bracketology.....

10 seed on bracketmatrix, 1 bracket has us out, one has us as a 7. reset are 8-12s with an average seed of 9.64.

Minnesota and Mississippi State are in the first four out. Would help us if one or both of them played their way in to give us another win or two over a tournament team. Can never have to many of those

Unfortunately Miss State got ran out of the gym yesterday against Ole Miss.

But it doesn't matter at this point. OU is in. Period.

Unfortunately Miss State got ran out of the gym yesterday against Ole Miss.

But it doesn't matter at this point. OU is in. Period.

sure, but would you rather be a 9 seed or a 7 seed? Want to play the one the 2nd game or the end of the 2nd weekend?

10 seed on bracketmatrix, 1 bracket has us out, one has us as a 7. reset are 8-12s with an average seed of 9.64.

Minnesota and Mississippi State are in the first four out. Would help us if one or both of them played their way in to give us another win or two over a tournament team. Can never have to many of those

Those are always tricky deals -- do you want teams we played (like those two and Wichita State) to win because it improves our resume a bit, or do you want them to fall out of contention because they are bubble teams and we will be competing with them for spots (unless we win enough games to remove ourselves from the bubble and only worry about seeding)?

I saw the one bracket that had us out......that guy is a moron based upon who he had in and out. I mean....at least read how the committee evaluate teams and seeding....good grief.

Minnesota has plenty of opportunities to play their way back in, but I don't know if they are good enough. Mississippi State had a borderline bad loss the other night against Ole Miss. Their problem is that they only have (2) Q-1 opportunities left...and one of those opportunities is South Caroline (#75) who could easily fall into Q-2. They may have to do some damage in the SEC tournament to have a chance.

Those are always tricky deals -- do you want teams we played (like those two and Wichita State) to win because it improves our resume a bit, or do you want them to fall out of contention because they are bubble teams and we will be competing with them for spots (unless we win enough games to remove ourselves from the bubble and only worry about seeding)?

Im on the worry about seeding train at the moment so i want them in so we can avoid the 1 seed in the 2nd game. But that's just one man's opinion. I think we win the games we need to win, and maybe steal one the rest of the way to be safely in

sure, but would you rather be a 9 seed or a 7 seed? Want to play the one the 2nd game or the end of the 2nd weekend?

I wouldnt be surprised if OU ended up a 6 after its all said and done. That is my bet.

I'll take that bet. No way we end up with a top 24 resume.

Believe it or not, our resume ranks somewhere between 30-35 at the moment on more than a few bracketology metrics sites. Our "strength of record" is top 35 on most sites as well. What weighs down our NET tanking as well as our power rankings on certain sites is that this team rarely blows other teams out. Also, OU has lost by double-digits several times this year....once even at home. That always puts a dent in overall rating.

Every advanced analytic site has its own little formula, but this OU team is probably under-seeded as of now. Outside of having only one "great" win, this OU resume has no warts. And yes, I realize that this team hasn't passed the eye test very well at times. But, if this teams grabs a couple of more big scalps....a 6 seed isn't out of the question. Now can they do that?....well, that's another story.

One solid win shouldn't trump a season of bad basketball.

We're 15-8 against, according to Kenpom, the 10th toughest schedule in basketball, but it's been "a season of bad basketball"?

Im on the worry about seeding train at the moment so i want them in so we can avoid the 1 seed in the 2nd game. But that's just one man's opinion. I think we win the games we need to win, and maybe steal one the rest of the way to be safely in

I'm with you. Anything but the 8/9 game.

Right you are. My apologies to WT. That's what I get for posting on a busy day at work.

Back