Leadership

Dcox

Reaction score
Who are the leaders on this team? Nada zero leadership. Starting with Lon. Why he didn't burn every timeout he had to stop the bleeding? Can't save them for the next game....try something different. I know he's too nice of guy but get t'ed up. Burn all your timeouts try something!! Instead of just sitting there clapping. My non-athletic butt could see us slowly dying a slow death. Happens all the time trying to let them play through there poor shooting. This team needs to be micromanaged. This free-flowing game plan of Lons isn't working. Who are the leaders on this team? Do we have any floor leaders? I thought Reaves could be and I like him but his Pistol Pete routine is wearing thin. Trying to force way too many shots. Manek? Nope. Not vocal, poor body language is not tough enough to play down low. Doolittle? Does he say anything seems pretty reserved to me? No point guard. Harmon or Bieniemy a leader? Williams isn't a leader but has some dog in him but does too many knucklehead plays. Missing wide-open dunks and gets lost on defense. Any thoughts?

Who are the leaders on this team? Nada zero leadership. Starting with Lon. Why he didn't burn every timeout he had to stop the bleeding? Can't save them for the next game....try something different. I know he's too nice of guy but get t'ed up. Burn all your timeouts try something!! Instead of just sitting there clapping. My non-athletic butt could see us slowly dying a slow death. Happens all the time trying to let them play through there poor shooting. This team needs to be micromanaged. This free-flowing game plan of Lons isn't working. Who are the leaders on this team? Do we have any floor leaders? I thought Reaves could be and I like him but his Pistol Pete routine is wearing thin. Trying to force way too many shots. Manek? Nope. Not vocal, poor body language is not tough enough to play down low. Doolittle? Does he say anything seems pretty reserved to me? No point guard. Harmon or Bieniemy a leader? Williams isn't a leader but has some dog in him but does too many knucklehead plays. Missing wide-open dunks and gets lost on defense. Any thoughts?

If you watched any OU bball under Kruger, you know that's how he uses TOs. I hate it and it drives me crazy, but he is the type of coach to usually play through it.

As far as leadership goes, it's tough to say. Leaders aren't always the best player, veteran, or the most vocal. And it doesn't always happen in the open court. Sometimes it's simply by example. I'm a Sixers fan and one of the leaders on that team the last two years has been Tobias Harris, according to the players. Quiet guy, maybe the third-best player, but he is their leader.

Looping it back to OU, our 02 Final Four team, everyone assumed the leader was Hollis, but the leader on that team without a doubt was Quannas even though he hated public speaking and you never would see him go off on the court.

The reality is, of our 9 that play, 6 are new to the floor this year. Some of those things like leadership may still be a work in progress. For the most part, I see Doo filling that role, but again, a lot of it may be behind the scenes.

I think the big woes aren't leadership as much as offensive woes, particlarly shooting. When we shoot well and get on the break, we look good. When we shoot poorly, it's not pretty basketball.

Last point, we just suck on the road in conference- 5-26 since 2016. In the last 5 games, we've had ath home and 3 on the road, resulting in a ugly couple of weeks of basketball.

Back