Lebron to Lakers

BCSooners

OklahomaHoops 2024 Bracket Champion
Reaction score
Seems like teams are setting themselves up for 2019-2020 season when the Warriors break up.

Hot take.....Lebron won't win a single Championship in LA.

We'll see. Kawhi is likely coming next year. Gonna be a nightmare to match up with them.

Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't. We don't know what kind of player Leonard is going to be either. Lots of rumors his injury may be a factor the rest of his career. And Lebron will be 34 next season, I think?

GS will still be strong.
Houston will still be strong.
In terms of LA simply advancing in the playoffs, OKC will still be strong.

Lot of other teams that were good last year and getting better, starting with Utah.

Then you have the Celtics who have the makings of a GS-like team if they stay healthy and keep the roster together. The 76'ers are probably one good player short from being really good.

We'll see. If you figure they don't win it this year, or next year (first with Leonard), all the sudden Bron is 35 with a TON of mileage.

Just playing the odds. I wouldn't be shocked if they do win one, I just see a lot of reasons why they may not.

If Kawhi is crippled, which I doubt, the Lakers will set their sets on somebody else. They're getting another max player; the only question is if it's Kawhi, or somebody else like Jimmy Butler.

Obviously they're not locks to win it all, or even favorites. They'll compete, though.

If Kawhi is crippled, which I doubt, the Lakers will set their sets on somebody else. They're getting another max player; the only question is if it's Kawhi, or somebody else like Jimmy Butler.

Obviously they're not locks to win it all, or even favorites. They'll compete, though.

Kawhi (healthy) is on a different level than Butler. Lebron needs another alpha(wade,Kyrie) than somebody who needs set up (Love,Williams) to win a championship. He's amazing but can't do it himself especially at this stage in his career.

Kawhi (healthy) is on a different level than Butler. Lebron needs another alpha(wade,Kyrie) than somebody who needs set up (Love,Williams) to win a championship. He's amazing but can't do it himself especially at this stage in his career.

Butler is a pretty darn good player, and Ingram is shaping up to be as well. I have little doubt that the Lakers would have the best 2-4 trio in the NBA if that happened. As stated, the same is true if they sign a healthy Kawhi. Even signing Klay away from GS might be enough to make them the favorites.

LA is far from a lock, but it's an easy case to make that the Lakers are the second most likely team to win a ring in the next 4 years. It's almost impossible to make the case they're not top 5.

Butler is a pretty darn good player, and Ingram is shaping up to be as well. I have little doubt that the Lakers would have the best 2-4 trio in the NBA if that happened. As stated, the same is true if they sign a healthy Kawhi. Even signing Klay away from GS might be enough to make them the favorites.

LA is far from a lock, but it's an easy case to make that the Lakers are the second most likely team to win a ring in the next 4 years. It's almost impossible to make the case they're not top 5.

Butler is really good, love the way he plays. But Kawhi is just on a different level and plays very similar. I'd still take Klay, Durant, Green over Lebron, Butler, Ingram.

Going to be interesting to see GS free agency next year, finals might finally get competitive again.

Very hot take.

Bubble certainly helped them. Reduced schedule kept him fresher. I also didn't know Golden State was going to fall apart when I made that prediction.

Cool thread bump though bro.

Bubble certainly helped them. Reduced schedule kept him fresher. I also didn't know Golden State was going to fall apart when I made that prediction.

I get it, WTS...it's tough being a Laker-hater. Perhaps you should stop criticizing the Lakers, though, because you've almost always been wrong in hindsight. Lakers were top from start to finish. There isn't any way around it.

As BC said in 2018, the Lakers were setting themselves up for this year. And they delivered.

I get it, WTS...it's tough being a Laker-hater. Perhaps you should stop criticizing the Lakers, though, because you've almost always been wrong in hindsight. Lakers were top from start to finish. There isn't any way around it.

As BC said in 2018, the Lakers were setting themselves up for this year. And they delivered.

Almost always wrong? Like I've been commenting in front of you about the Lakers for years or something? lol

I hate Lebron more than I hate the Lakers. In front in the standings doesn't mean squat come playoffs. I still think things might have looked different with no bubble and no shortened season. We'll never know.

Almost always wrong? Like I've been commenting in front of you about the Lakers for years or something? lol

Yes, you've made several comments over the past couple years. Lebron was never going to win in LA, AD wasn't enough without Kawhi, Celtics are better, etc.

Yes, you've made several comments over the past couple years. Lebron was never going to win in LA, AD wasn't enough without Kawhi, Celtics are better, etc.

:ez-roll::ez-roll:

Missing the playoffs. tsk tsk tsk

My prediction above likely would have been right had EVERYTHING not worked out for them that first season. Since then? First round playoff exit and missed playoffs. And rumors of LA moving on from Lebron and/or Davis.

Missing the playoffs. tsk tsk tsk

My prediction above likely would have been right had EVERYTHING not worked out for them that first season. Since then? First round playoff exit and missed playoffs. And rumors of LA moving on from Lebron and/or Davis.

And I'm not sure that Title will really count in most fans mind because it was during the Mickey Mouse bubble. I think we see some sort of demolition of this after this year. The Westbrook trade was a terrible fit from the get go. Most of their roster is well over 30 which means if LeBron leaves it'll pretty much all be gone. Monk, Hornton-Tucker, and Reaves could be good pieces for a team but not anything to build around.

According to those of you taking a victory lap, the Lakers were supposed to be dead for the next 20 years after the Kobe era. Call the Bubble Title what you want, but we all know IF your team had won it, you would be beating your chest, lol... LA will be fine. Players will always want to play in LA. Remember right before LBJ and AD signed up, everyone was predicting the demise of the Lakers. Will take some creative work by management, but we will be fine in due time....

According to those of you taking a victory lap, the Lakers were supposed to be dead for the next 20 years after the Kobe era. Call the Bubble Title what you want, but we all know IF your team had won it, you would be beating your chest, lol... LA will be fine. Players will always want to play in LA. Remember right before LBJ and AD signed up, everyone was predicting the demise of the Lakers. Will take some creative work by management, but we will be fine in due time....

ok lincoln

Back