Lebryan Nash and Laquinton Ross

Beware of Baylor.

Don't know if you are being sarcastic or not, but Baylor probably lands one of these two. And if they get Pressey on board, they might have a top 10 class in 2011. If you look at the Rivals top 100 list, they have a pretty decent shot at 5 of the top 25:

#3 Quincy Miller (D1 Sports AAU- Clifton) recently told ESPN his top 5 are OU, Duke, UK, WF and Baylor

#8 LeBryan Nash- Baylor is in good shape

#14 LaQuinton Ross- Baylor is in good shape

#18 Ky Madden- 6'4" guard from Arkansas (sister is a freshman on Mulkey's team)

#24 Keaton Miles- 6'6" Dallas- Baylor is in the hunt

If Baylor lands Pressey and Perry Jones goes high in the 2011 draft as expected, it may catapult Baylor into being able to land the top 25 guys that they have missed on until Perry Jones.

Lots of kids want to play with a Pressey or TMG type PG.

According to Roger Franklin's uncle, Nash is a heavy lean to OSU.

1. Quincy Miller
2. Lebryan Nash
3. Laquinton Ross

I want Quincy the most and we are probably in the best shape for him out of the three.

Don't know if you are being sarcastic or not, but Baylor probably lands one of these two.

Not being sarcastic at all. Baylor is in both of there top 5's on the links.
And there names just sound like Baylor players.

Hate to say it but I gotta agree with Chen dawg here, Baylor has been making some big strides lately. Good call Chendog.

Last edited:
1. Quincy Miller
2. Lebryan Nash
3. Laquinton Ross

I want Quincy the most and we are probably in the best shape for him out of the three.

I think it will be hard to pull Quincy out of ACC country, but I would love to see him at OU or Baylor.

Am I wrong DFW or did Baylor lose an assistant this last year that was given much of the credit for the last few years of recruiting?

I thought I read that somewhere and wondered how it would affect the current recruits.

Sorry, I don't have the sarcasm meter on tonight. I have read a few of Mr. Franklin's posts and he seems to always have legit info. He said awhile back not to be surprised if Shaw qualified. He has also said that he is getting close to a BIG commit for the '10 class. Who that is, I have no idea. I sure hope he is right about Nash.

Am I wrong DFW or did Baylor lose an assistant this last year that was given much of the credit for the last few years of recruiting?

I thought I read that somewhere and wondered how it would affect the current recruits.

Mark Driscoll- assistant at Baylor- became the head coach at the University of North Florida. Had this happened two years ago, I think it would have affected recruiting for Baylor in a big way. But now the program is at a point where losing an assistant doesn't devastate them. All of the coaches there know recruiting is the priority for how things are done.

As long as Drew is at Baylor (hopefully forever in my view), recruiting will not be a problem. He lives and breathes it and that rubs off on the other coaches.

Too bad he doesn't emphasize coaching as much as recruiting....then people would be scared of Baylor.

Too bad he doesn't emphasize coaching as much as recruiting....then people would be scared of Baylor.

He knows how to coach and I think you will see that this year and in the years to come. He is just smart enough to know that great players make you look like a great coach. When you have a PG like Pressey, you look like a genius as a coach.

And good quality players (Jerrels, Rogers, Dunn, Carter etc) make you look like a good coach if you can get the best out of them. But I guess in Scott's case they made him look like an average coach at best so I guess if he can get some great players he will at least look like a good coach for once.

Sorry, I don't have the sarcasm meter on tonight. I have read a few of Mr. Franklin's posts and he seems to always have legit info. He said awhile back not to be surprised if Shaw qualified. He has also said that he is getting close to a BIG commit for the '10 class. Who that is, I have no idea. I sure hope he is right about Nash.

Is roger Franklin's uncle a head or assistant coach? You know they have alot more influence in the process than a gossiping uncle.

He is one of the coaches of Team Texas. So he is around Cam Clark and other elite prospects daily. He probably has a good idea of where his players and other elite prospects in the DFW are are headed. He really had some glowing things to say about Willie and his mother when the whole Willie/AJ thing was being rumored.

Last edited:
He is one of the coaches of Team Texas. So he is around Cam Clark and other elite prospects daily. He probably has a good idea of where his players and other elite prospects in the DFW are are headed. He really had some glowing things to say about Willie and his mother when the whole Willie/AJ thing was being rumored.

What does that mean?

I don't see Cam going to OSU with two wings already in the fold.

So we've got Carl Henry coaching Athletes First and bashing us to the Oklahoma kids, and now Roger Franklin's dad playing that role on Team Texas. Sweet.

Back