Aziz Ndaiye narrows list

Boca is right on here. I think it'll be Jones to Washington and Aziz to Oregon St. Hope I'm wrong though.

I think Tiny hurts us as far as landing Jones. Not sure you can play them both together, and definitely not sure they'd want to play together. IF Tiny leaves, I hope he does so early enough that Capel can still have a chance with these kids.

Good news about N'Diaye, I guess. I have no idea what that kid is thinking. Hopefully he doesn't see Tiny and Fitz as blocking his way to playing time. I guess it depends if he wants a nearly guaranteed starting spot or not. Of course, I don't know what the other schools have to offer him as far as playing time.

TU,

Man, you love playing the negative fiddle. You see it a lot different than I do on Jones. From the film I've seen on him and the TV game where they played the LA team he seems perfect as a small forward. I see him stepping right into Crocker's spot. Physically, tendencies, etc he's a Lamar Odom type, which is not a back to the basket guy.

I think he doesn't relish being an inside guy and has a better chance of coming if Tiny stays.

TU,

Man, you love playing the negative fiddle. You see it a lot different than I do on Jones. From the film I've seen on him and the TV game where they played the LA team he seems perfect as a small forward. I see him stepping right into Crocker's spot. Physically, tendencies, etc he's a Lamar Odom type, which is not a back to the basket guy.

I think he doesn't relish being an inside guy and has a better chance of coming if Tiny stays.

From convo's I had with TU, I think he believes that Tiny is a PF prospect. That's not the case in my opinion. Jones is a hybrid 4 and Tiny is a C. The one position with the most possible PT at OU is thd 4.

As for as Jones, what is going to sell him is NBA. Willie Warren getting drafted can help us land him or lose him. On the one perspective we can say we helped WW get to the NBA, on the othe perspective Kentucky or UW can say that Capel made WW's stock go down.

The last update on Scout says it's Oklahoma, Washington, Oregon, UCLA and Kentucky, in that order, if that means anything.

I saw a report from one of Scout's recruiting gurus a few weeks ago that said Duke was not recruiting Jones. That might have changed since then. But judging by everything I've read over the past few months, they're not really in the mix for him.

This is really important to OU's future. I really hope Capel can land this kid. If OU just returns Tiny, Fitzgerald and Allen that will make a respectable front court rotation (especially if Allen can at least push people and play when OU has extreme foul trouble).

Well we did just have a player taken #1 overall in the draft last year so I wouldn't imagine that would hurt.

This is really important to OU's future. I really hope Capel can land this kid. If OU just returns Tiny, Fitzgerald and Allen that will make a respectable front court rotation (especially if Allen can at least push people and play when OU has extreme foul trouble).

How will that be respectable in the big 12? Only having two players (gallon and fitz) is not enough...allen has yet to prove he is ever good enough to sniff the floor and he has been here two years so I dont imagine that will change much

Ndaiye, Gallon, Fitzgerald and Allen is what I meant. I probably did not express that well. If a team has three guys that belong on the court for 20+ a game and a fourth guy that can play in extreme foul trouble that is a respectable front court. I am assuming Ndaiye can contribute with defense and rebounds, while Tiny can excell and Fitzgerald can offer some scoring off the bench. Allen will hopefully be able to play 3-5 minutes a half if foul trouble requires it. Probably a bit optimistic but that is my hope.

Ndaiye, Gallon, Fitzgerald and Allen is what I meant. I probably did not express that well. If a team has three guys that belong on the court for 20+ a game and a fourth guy that can play in extreme foul trouble that is a respectable front court. I am assuming Ndaiye can contribute with defense and rebounds, while Tiny can excell and Fitzgerald can offer some scoring off the bench. Allen will hopefully be able to play 3-5 minutes a half if foul trouble requires it. Probably a bit optimistic but that is my hope.

Oh, well if we include ndaiye then yes I would completely agree with you. Primarily because they are all three different players...gallon is and will be a great scorer as he gets in better shape and grows as a person...fitz is going to hit those jumpers (I really see fitz being a huge contributor next year, I believe the 18 footer is a lost art in basketball and he can hit those!) and ndaiye if as published will be a good rebounder/shot blocker...that would be a very good front court and in fact if everyone produces the way they should and ndaiye can black 2-3 shots a game and snag 8+ rebounds a game I would say we would have one of the better if not the best front courts in the big 12

Note: Assuming Aldrich goes pro

But with that said, I still dont believe allen gets much time at all...I think if we have to go deeper than 3 post players we will just run a 4 guard lineup

But with that said, I still dont believe allen gets much time at all...I think if we have to go deeper than 3 post players we will just run a 4 guard lineup

We will sign a fourth post, whether he be JUCO or out of high school.

We will sign a fourth post, whether he be JUCO or out of high school.

So you think we sign 2 post players....giving us 4 real options?

1) fitz 2) Gallon (I hope he stays, if not we are s.o.l.) 3) new recruit 4) new recruit

So you think we sign 2 post players....giving us 4 real options?

1) fitz 2) Gallon (I hope he stays, if not we are s.o.l.) 3) new recruit 4) new recruit

Yes...assuming we have Gallon back next year, look at 2011-12...Fitz, 2010 recruit, 2010 recruit, Gallon (might go pro). We are going to need to break in another post next year for the 2011-12 season, otherwise we will be even more thin up front then.

Tiny has a big physical advantage as a 4, not so much as a center.

A dream line-up would have Aziz at center, Tiny at PF and Jones at the SF.
Tiny is mobile enough to play PF and Jones is more than mobile enough to be a 3.

What should be attractive about that line-up to the players if they all show up is that would be exactly each player's position if he were in the NBA.

That's a key. If you can position players to play their more natural NBA spot you've got something to sell of showcase value. You can more appeal to players with league aspirations.

If I were Capel, I'd push it as if WW is gone and we have a chance for the team to make a noticeable turnaround while giving each player a chance to be either better or competitive on every match-up he faces.

The second thing I'd push is the advantages the Big 12 holds over the PAC 10. Things like the last 3 years in a row, the POY came out of the B12. The B12 beat the PAC 10 ten out 12 games last year and we still have this B12/PAC10 matchup where your homies can see you few times a year. If you want to be on or see highlights on Sports Center you can't be west of Texas. Plus the op to play with TMG and fill the fast break left side of the lanes with either Cameron Clark or Cade taking the right. Things like that.

Tiny has a big physical advantage as a 4, not so much as a center.

Tiny is mobile enough to play PF and Jones is more than mobile enough to be a 3.

What should be attractive about that line-up to the players if they all show up is that would be exactly each player's position if he were in the NBA.

That's a key. If you can position players to play their more natural NBA spot you've got something to sell of showcase value. You can more appeal to players with league aspirations.

If I were Capel, I'd push it as if WW is gone and we have a chance for the team to make a noticeable turnaround while giving each player a chance to be either better or competitive on every match-up he faces.

The second thing I'd push is the advantages the Big 12 holds over the PAC 10. Things like the last 3 years in a row, the POY came out of the B12. The B12 beat the PAC 10 ten out 12 games last year and we still have this B12/PAC10 matchup where your homies can see you few times a year. If you want to be on or see highlights on Sports Center you can't be west of Texas. Plus the op to play with TMG and fill the fast break left side of the lanes with either Cameron Clark or Cade taking the right. Things like that.

that would be a huge lineup

how about this?

1) TMG 5-11"
2) Clark 6-6" or Cade 6-5"
3) T Jones 6-8"
4) Gallon 6-9"
5) adaiye 7-1"

Thats a HUGE lineup...thats an average of approx. 6-6" average just because tmg brings the average down...that might be one of the bigger lineups in college of that happens...but again we are dreaming here

think about running a pressure zone with that group....having tmg and clark/cade running all over the place then have t jones trying to snatch steals while gallon and ndaiye are blocking shots or cleaning up the boards

Man...I think we DESERVE to get these guys. But can someone please show me where Tiny is going to leave?

1. He isn't going to transfer and sit out a year at another school.

2. If he declared this season, he probably wouldn't get drafted at all.

2. If he declared this season, he probably wouldn't get drafted at all.

I don't believe that. Depending on how he tested, I could see bottom of the first round, depending on how deep this draft is. Same with Willie. Bad year, but based on talent and a good workout, I'd guess between 10-20 on him.

I suppose so. Cam, TJ, Pledger and Fitzgerald all coming off the bench. I think one of those four could average 10+ off the bench. That is something OU really needs - a bench scorer. I would actually love to see two guys average 8 off the bench (Fitz and one of the permieter players).

Back