Little Keiton is trying to guard Lace Dunn.

I'm envisioning this was like when Jim Calhoun drew plays to force Drew Lavender to guard Charlie Villanueva. Villanueva just shot 3s over Lavender like he was wide open though.

You're talking about scoring points. That's your barometer of comparing players. I'll never see Keiton Page pull down 11 rebounds in a conference game. We'll never see him lead his team in Steals or have any type of Impact that Cade can have on a game. You'll never seen him be a shutdown defender against a James Anderson or Rotnei Clark. If you look at most of Page's points, they're generally credited to him being wide open due to defenses shading to James Anderson. I'm not trying to slam the kid. I love him. But his weaknesses are becoming more and more glaring each game.

Excellence in posting DM. Carl your homerism is showing on this one. No way ANYONE with a rational mind, and a lil b-ball IQ would try and equalize Cade to Keiton.

Next year will be interesting for them because they'll lose their other two perimeter shooting threats in Anderson and Muenelo. That means their biggest perimeter threat will be a 5'7 guard. Will Ford run plays for him to get him open or let him sit on the wing like he's done for most of his career? One thing about Page was when he was in High School most of his shots came from him bringing the ball up court, making a pet dribble move, and shooting at the top of the key from about 30ft out. He hasn't been getting that top of the three look at all because he's not running the point, and in college, defenders pick you up at halfcourt and dont give you a look from anywhere inside of 40ft.

I think it would be best served for him to come off the bench and be the back up PG. He'll get more offensive looks and OSU won't have that unbalanced lineup. I guarantee you he's the first player talked about in every other coaches scouting report or game prep report.

You're talking about scoring points. That's your barometer of comparing players. I'll never see Keiton Page pull down 11 rebounds in a conference game. We'll never see him lead his team in Steals or have any type of Impact that Cade can have on a game. You'll never seen him be a shutdown defender against a James Anderson or Rotnei Clark. If you look at most of Page's points, they're generally credited to him being wide open due to defenses shading to James Anderson. I'm not trying to slam the kid. I love him. But his weaknesses are becoming more and more glaring each game.

This. I love having Keiton as a Cowboy, but when he is missing shots like he has the last 2 games he is useless. Its frustrating because like you said earlier its either Page or Gulley, and both of them are very limited in area's. Did you see Gulley shoot free throws yesterday? I have never seen a guard shoot the ball so flat on a free throw attempt.

I feel sad for the kid. I like him alot and he's all heart. His liabilities are becoming painfully obvious. OSU is at the mercy of playing him with his defensive liabilities or Gulley with his offensive liabilities.

I tell ya DM, that Gulley kid doesn't have an ounce of skill right now. His shot on jumpers and from the foul line makes me wonder how he grew up as a guard and got d-1 offers.

Next year will be interesting for them because they'll lose their other two perimeter shooting threats in Anderson and Muenelo. That means their biggest perimeter threat will be a 5'7 guard. Will Ford run plays for him to get him open or let him sit on the wing like he's done for most of his career? One thing about Page was when he was in High School most of his shots came from him bringing the ball up court, making a pet dribble move, and shooting at the top of the key from about 30ft out. He hasn't been getting that top of the three look at all because he's not running the point, and in college, defenders pick you up at halfcourt and dont give you a look from anywhere inside of 40ft.

I think it would be best served for him to come off the bench and be the back up PG. He'll get more offensive looks and OSU won't have that unbalanced lineup. I guarantee you he's the first player talked about in every other coaches scouting report or game prep report.

I think Page's minutes need to be cut back. I think you are right on. I think a good move might be to move Anderson to the two and play Franklin a bunch more. You would then be able to still rotate Moses and Pilgrim.

I think Page's minutes need to be cut back. I think you are right on. I think a good move might be to move Anderson to the two and play Franklin a bunch more. You would then be able to still rotate Moses and Pilgrim.

The only thing about that is that makes either Obi or Franklin guard a guard. And I don't think either of them have the quickness. So instead of Page getting dominated by a bigger, stronger guy it will be Obi being dominated by a quicker guy.

They just need a two guard!

The only thing about that is that makes either Obi or Franklin guard a guard. And I don't think either of them have the quickness. So instead of Page getting dominated by a bigger, stronger guy it will be Obi being dominated by a quicker guy.

All true

So they need Cade Davis?

So they need Cade Davis?

I'll retract my statement of Page starting over Davis that I made a few weeks back after watching the last two OSU games and the last two OU games. I do think Davis would only make OSU incrementally better since right now OSU's biggest problem is scoring the ball and Davis' 33% from beyond the arc wouldn't help a whole bunch.

But, yeah, I'd take him.

EDIT - I wouldn't be surprised if Ford is trying real hard to bring in ANOTHER recruit. Kahlil McDonald is a JUCO SG in Texas who wanted to go to OSU last year (something about academics would allow him to be a 3 year player out of JUCO, but there was a hold up). He's a lights out from beyond the arc and averages 25 a game.

It'll be interesting.

Last edited:
but but but he "contributes" almost as much as WW does!

And OSU's third string QB(Alex Cate) was better than Sam Bradford a few years ago, according to them.

In all honesty, Page is a D-1 level talent. I think he's being missued. Now I'm not a major college coach like Ford and I'm not saying I'm more knowledgeable than him, but I would use page a different way. He'd be the backup pg. I'd make sure he's in the game with bigger players. preferably Anderson at the two and Muenelo at the 3. I'd always help off of the other teams weak shooter to stop a player from driving on him. I'd try to run some zone when he's in the game. I'd run some top of the key screens with him and Moses. I think that will make him a threat on the court.

EDIT - I wouldn't be surprised if Ford is trying real hard to bring in ANOTHER recruit. Kahlil McDonald is a JUCO SG in Texas who wanted to go to OSU last year (something about academics would allow him to be a 3 year player out of JUCO, but there was a hold up). He's a lights out from beyond the arc and averages 25 a game.

It'll be interesting.

How could he possibly sign another recruit?

Page will be fine, he is just going through a little shooting slump. His defense isn't as bad as people make it out to be. This is the first game I have seen him get abused. He's not very tall, or quick, but he is very smart and puts himself in good position on defense. I will agree if he doesn't start shooting better he should play less.

To say he is the worst starter in the Big 12 is just dumb. He started over Obi last year and this year he is logging the second most minutes on the team. So Ford thinks having him on floor is pretty important. Or maybe the other three starters that play less are the 3 worst in the Big 12, I don't know.:)

Wasn't there a thread on this board a couple of weeks ago comparing the two? And weren't most of the posters ou fans?

This is his line through 3 conference games:

3-16 FG
3-15 3pt
12 points, 4.0 ppg
7 rebounds, 0 offensive, 2.3 avg
4 assists, 1.3 avg
1 turnover
4 steals, 1.3 avg

Only turning it over once is nice and so are the 4 steals. But if there is a player averaging as many minutes as he is (29.3) that has brought less to the table offensively in the first 3 conference games they would really be accomplishing something. The bottom line is if his shot isn't falling he is pretty much completely worthless. He's a one trick pony.

This is his line through 3 conference games:

3-16 FG
3-15 3pt
12 points, 4.0 ppg
7 rebounds, 0 offensive, 2.3 avg
4 assists, 1.3 avg
1 turnover
4 steals, 1.3 avg

Only turning it over once is nice and so are the 4 steals. But if there is a player averaging as many minutes as he is (29.3) that has brought less to the table offensively in the first 3 conference games they would really be accomplishing something. The bottom line is if his shot isn't falling he is pretty much completely worthless. He's a one trick pony.

Its not just in conference, hes averaging about 5 points a game against mid and high major competition this year. That would put him among the worst starting guards in the league. Its not lot hes a lock down defender or is going to grab 7 or 8 rebounds either. If hes not scoring hes really doing OSU almost no good on the court.

The three's are not falling for us this season. If Page is not hitting his shots, he doesn't do us much good. Gulley won't score, but he can defend. Penn is a nice player as a frosh.

We can't put Pilgrim and Moses on the floor at the same time. They both foul too much and Shaw isn't ready for anything in conference play.

Hopefully the threes start falling soon.

The three's are not falling for us this season. If Page is not hitting his shots, he doesn't do us much good. Gulley won't score, but he can defend. Penn is a nice player as a frosh.

We can't put Pilgrim and Moses on the floor at the same time. They both foul too much and Shaw isn't ready for anything in conference play.

Hopefully the threes start falling soon.

Yeah, you can't be one dimensional as a player, but he's a good enough shooter to where he needs to be on the court. This is a guy that hit 90 out of 100 three ptrs for scouts. The problem is he can't get an open look.

Back