longar vs. Aziz N'Diaye

luckyc1423

Reaction score
Which is better? Longar was not very good at the beginning of his career and if Aziz is going to be that way we still have to get a big that can impact the team next year....
anyone see him play and have hopes of contributing next year?

Which is better? Longar was not very good at the beginning of his career and if Aziz is going to be that way we still have to get a big that can impact the team next year....

Longar was a lot more polished offensively as a freshman than Aziz would be for Oklahoma next year. Aziz has better hands and has a thicker build. Pretty different games.

Henzo might add some more insight.

Blocking shots and rebounding is just the type of impact player we need.

It all depends.... Longar wasnt used very well with Sampson, very raw offensively. Capel seemed to really fix that and worked with longar and he became a good player.

True, but not at the expense of having a liability on offense. Frightens me a bit that the poster above said he is more raw then LL as a frosh. I didn't think that was very possible.

We don't need the kid to have "post moves" per se, but we need him to be able to score the ball off rebounds and bunnies.

I agree....but I am not so sure as a freshman longar could even contribute much at that...I know he could block some shots but he was so weak at all the other things (getting pushed around) that he could not justified getting playing time

I hope this recruit is alittle further along because we really need his help....Now longar as a junior/senior was a very nice player!

Longar was not a good shot blocker because he didnt have good length and he wasnt a terrific athlete. He was a good athlete, but I wouldnt say he was a great athlete.

Longar was a lot more polished offensively as a freshman than Aziz would be for Oklahoma next year. Aziz has better hands and has a thicker build. Pretty different games.

Henzo might add some more insight.

Longar was very good offensively. He had nice touch, nice footwork, he was just soft. If he had a little more physicality to him, he would be in the NBA. Aziz is going to be a project. If he can come in and rebound and block shots, that would be good.

Back