Los Angeles Times article on Buddy

Why do I not read anything like this from local writers?

"There was no hot water in the house, so Hield often awoke before sunrise to boil water for a bath. There was no local basketball court until Hield's teen-age years, so he made hoops by taping a milk crate or bicycle rim — spokes removed — to a light pole or the side of a shack.

"It was a dirt court, so I was always dirty," Hield said. "I'd stay there all day, come home, take a shower and go to sleep."

Buddy wrote a piece, called "Just Enough" for an online mag...it's on about page 3 or 4 on this board.

Guessing that is where it came from....good read from Buddy.

Buddy Hield is what college athletics are all about. Couldnt be happier that he has been a Sooner. He and Wayman would have been tight.

Buddy Hield is what college athletics are all about. Couldnt be happier that he has been a Sooner. He and Wayman would have been tight.

I agree with that 100%. They are similar in they both always smile(d) and both could score in bunches. In fact, I don't recall another OU player who can score in bunches like WT could except Hield. The difference is WT started doing it his freshman year and Hield couldn't do it until his sr year but that's also a testament to Buddy's work ethic. I don't think WT had that type of work ethic, he had a natural smooth stroke. Both are/were excellent representatives of the Oklahoma basketball team and are the type of players that don't come along very often. It's been my pleasure to watch both of them play.

I agree with that 100%. They are similar in they both always smile(d) and both could score in bunches. In fact, I don't recall another OU player who can score in bunches like WT could except Hield. The difference is WT started doing it his freshman year and Hield couldn't do it until his sr year but that's also a testament to Buddy's work ethic. I don't think WT had that type of work ethic, he had a natural smooth stroke. Both are/were excellent representatives of the Oklahoma basketball team and are the type of players that don't come along very often. It's been my pleasure to watch both of them play.

I would place Hield on my Mt. Rushmore for Sooner hoops now....taking Hollis Price's spot.

The difference is WT started doing it his freshman year and Hield couldn't do it until his sr year but that's also a testament to Buddy's work ethic.

Buddy scored in bunches at times last season.

I read a WSJ article this morning that was posted before the tourney started, and it listed the top 16 (I think--not sure of the exact number) players to watch for, the guys who could take a game over and were worth watching even in games that you don't care that much about.

To no one's surprise, I'm sure, Buddy was no. 1 on that list, but the author of the story mentioned that Buddy was no. 3 on last year's list. Buddy was very special last season, too, which makes his improvement this season that much more impressive.

Buddy scored in bunches at times last season.

I read a WSJ article this morning that was posted before the tourney started, and it listed the top 16 (I think--not sure of the exact number) players to watch for, the guys who could take a game over and were worth watching even in games that you don't care that much about.

To no one's surprise, I'm sure, Buddy was no. 1 on that list, but the author of the story mentioned that Buddy was no. 3 on last year's list. Buddy was very special last season, too, which makes his improvement this season that much more impressive.

You are right, I sold Buddy short for his work last season. Good post.

I would place Hield on my Mt. Rushmore for Sooner hoops now....taking Hollis Price's spot.

Blasphemy...lol

I'd just make another spot~

AA (even though never saw him play)
WT
HP
RM or EN...can't decide...

new rock BH

I was trying to think what my mt Rushmore would look like. Obviously WT, Blake, buddy but then it gets tough. Adams? Hollis? King? Najera? Grant? Mookie? Minor?

I was trying to think what my mt Rushmore would look like. Obviously WT, Blake, buddy but then it gets tough. Adams? Hollis? King? Najera? Grant? Mookie? Minor?

Depends on how big your mountain is, I guess. ;)

Considering what Adams meant to the program it has to be him IMO. Granted, I wasn't born when he played for OU.

Considering what Adams meant to the program it has to be him IMO. Granted, I wasn't born when he played for OU.

I was watching an NBA show on Amazon a few weeks ago, about the greatest NBA games ever. One of them was the Suns vs the Celtics from game 5 of the NBA championship series. It was a 3 OT game and Alvin played in that game with McLeod the Phoenix coach. Pretty cool.

I was watching an NBA show on Amazon a few weeks ago, about the greatest NBA games ever. One of them was the Suns vs the Celtics from game 5 of the NBA championship series. It was a 3 OT game and Alvin played in that game with McLeod the Phoenix coach. Pretty cool.

Yeah, I've watched that game before on NBA TV. Crazy game.

Is Stacey King undervalued by Sooner fans?

Junior year- 2nd team All American according to one service, Big 8 tourney MVP, and SE Regional MVP

Senior year- Consensus 1st team All American and Big 8 player of the year

Because they're too busy trying to get the Mixon tape released to the public.

Pure greatness!!!! The in-state media is seriously also just terrified of being labeled "OU homers" by the Aggroids and other assorted Sooner-haters. But, I'm sure they'd think about it if it were somehow revealed that Buddy is a distant relative of the Suttons.

duh can't believe I forgot him...:facepalm

Back