Lots of positives this evening

StatGeek

Reaction score
I was very pleased with the leadership that Crock & Cade displayed tonight. They both played very hard defensively and they both played with confidence on the offensive end. If these two continue to lead by example I believe we will improve quickly. I was also impressed with TMG's effort on D as well, and Tiny seems to be embracing his role on the team. I was very disappointed in WW tonight, not because of the foul trouble or his issues at the charity stripe, but because of his reaction to the fouls and missed free throws. He really seemed to have a poor attitude. I really hope Capel can figure out a way to straighten him out, I personally feel that Willie is feeling a lot of pressure to live up to his preseason hype. In the end I believe this game was a great game to build off of; I can't wait for 'Zona!

I think WW's attitude is self directed. He's getting down on himself probably from self-induced pressure to be the guy. When he was missing the free throws his teammates and Capel were razzing him and laughing which tells me there isn't as much tension as we might suspect. Of course that could also just be my imagination.

Statgeek,
Good call on TMG. He did play his best defensive game of the year. And yes, Cade and Tony were leaders. It was nice to see. I really enjoyed this game.

I think WW's attitude is self directed. He's getting down on himself probably from self-induced pressure to be the guy. When he was missing the free throws his teammates and Capel were razzing him and laughing which tells me there isn't as much tension as we might suspect. Of course that could also just be my imagination.

I agree WW's attitude is self directed, I just wish it wasn't so obvious that he is discouraged when things aren't going his way. I have confidence that Willie will find some peace as the season plays out. :airwillie

I think the team is really starting to figure out who they are after this win vs. Arizona. Gallon continues to get more comfortable playing a traditional post role. TMG made great strides defensively for the second game in a row, but made an even bigger step forward running the point today. The 6-0 assist to turnover ratio is obvious but he really did a nice job of making Arizona pay when they would use their bigs to hedge on screens, and made good decisions in the secondary break, I am very excited by his development this week. I can't say enough about the effort and leadership that Crocker & Davis are providing this team right now and I feel confident they will continue to do so. If Willie can become a positive and emotional leader for this team I truly believe this team will be very dangerous during conference play and beyond.

I am a little concerned about our lack of depth in the post, and Pledger's regression back to Freshman status (I still have tremendous confidence in Pledger's shooting ability). All things considered; its starting to look like a fun year!

Back