Luke Cothron story on the front of OUinsider

Seymore Cox

Reaction score
Sounds like OU is in the hunt bigtime. He said he really like Capel and was impressed on what OU did with Blake Griffin. One of his quotes sounded like he may have been to OU although it says he hasn't taken a visit. He said he liked OU's atmosphere. Said he talked to OU's coaches two weeks ago. Probably at Real Deal, and will set up 5 visit. He plays for maybe the two best AAU team in the country in Boo Williams and S-Elite. S-Elite has Brandon Knight the other number one player in the nation, and of course Boo Williams is a guy who is very fond of Capel and Pledger played for Boo Williams.

I'm interested to see the Sooner Cager roster because that is going to give us details on who else OU is recruiting.

We have to give it up to James on this one.

I really want this kid. I think he will be a monster down low on the boards.

If you like Patrick Patterson's game you'll like his. They're almost Identical.

If you like Patrick Patterson's game you'll like his. They're almost Identical.

I think that is a pretty good comparison. I would say that Luke has a chance to be quite a bit more physical than PP.

I don't know how much of a legit chance that we really have on landing him (especially if UNC really gets interested), but he is the guy I want most besides Cam Clark.

He's already tipped his hand as far as going the distance in recruiting. I hope he doesn't follow the Wall and Stephenson Model. There has been a misconception that he is an NC State lean. Alot of that has been produced by their fans. Geographically, he's close to NC state, but their is no ties that keep him in that region since he is an Alabama native.

He's already tipped his hand as far as going the distance in recruiting. I hope he doesn't follow the Wall and Stephenson Model. There has been a misconception that he is an NC State lean. Alot of that has been produced by their fans. Geographically, he's close to NC state, but their is no ties that keep him in that region since he is an Alabama native.

Agree regarding NC State. I think there is a pretty good chance he ends up in the Big 12. I am just worried that it will be playing for the rug at KU.

Back