MBB Transfer Portal Thread: Moser Year 4

It's easy to say "no big deal" if a given player leaves, but if we don't get a better player in return from the portal, then it's a problem. Continuity matters less if you're improving your talent with each cycle (and if you're developing your high school recruits). With very few exceptions, neither has proven true under Moser.
Disagree. For the most part we have replaced players leaving very well

I’m sure it has to do with the scab Al at NMSU. And to my understanding the Langston coach is good with transfers by selling playing style and culture.

He cant hel TU and would just be a gut on the ORU roster.
Not a huge deal here, just really wanted to highlight a local NAIA kid. My dumbass forgot to research the kid (NMSU should have triggered that).

But off-the-court troubles aside, I disagree with him not being able to help TU and/or ORU.

Both ORU and Tulsa, lost all of their double figure scorers, and several others, to the portal and/or graduation. Their rosters are mostly a blank slate. This Roy kid won't likely become a target for them, because of his troubled past, but I'm certain that basketball playing-wise, both programs would love to have a kid who'd likely average 10+ ppg.

Not a huge deal here, just really wanted to highlight a local NAIA kid. My dumbass forgot to research the kid (NMSU should have triggered that).

But off-the-court troubles aside, I disagree with him not being able to help TU and/or ORU.

Both ORU and Tulsa, lost all of their double figure scorers, and several others, to the portal and/or graduation. Their rosters are mostly a blank slate. This Roy kid won't likely become a target for them, because of his troubled past, but I'm certain that basketball playing-wise, both programs would love to have a kid who'd likely average 10+ ppg.
I don’t think he was involved with that. I may be wrong. Langston may have been better than ORU this year based on comparing common opponents.

Those teams were so bad when you talk TU and ORU, you would think they’d not reach on an NAIA guy. Most of those guys transfer down because they can’t make it where they’re at. Much like CJ Noland. He averaged 11 this year and is going to get a high major look because of it, when he’s actually at the right level.

Last year's team had plenty of talent 1-4. As much hate as Tanner got while here, we would have had a winning record in conference and would not have been a bubble team with him.

Hill is the ONLY one. I've conceded him. And he was adequately replaced.

Gibson stays if OU would have let him play PG.

Even if I concede Gibson, that is 2 out of how many?
Doesn't matter. The point is that we are trying to compete with teams that are spending $3M+ on NIL. What do you think is going to happen? You can't outbid someone with deep pockets.

This is an odd connection but Mark Mitchell follows OU WBBall player Payton Verhulst on Twitter.

This kid was rumored to be hitting the portal...to possibly Houston. Big news for Uzan, probably, because he might become an even bigger need/want for Kelvin.

Last year's team had plenty of talent 1-4. As much hate as Tanner got while here, we would have had a winning record in conference and would not have been a bubble team with him.
plenty of talent for what? To make a tourney? Sure.
To compete in the big 12? No.

I literally don't think any of our starting 5 would start at any of the top big 12 teams

Back