MBB Transfer Portal Thread: Moser Year 4

With our NIL situation and everything else, I’m not convinced we’ll get enough talent in the portal to be any better than the last 3 years. I’m as pessimistic as I’ve ever been about OU basketball. I think we’re just gonna be starting over again next year with a new coach and an entirely new roster. I have lost all faith in the program and those running it.

Jalen Hill - UNLV to name one. Umoja Gibson - Depaul to name another.
Hill is the ONLY one. I've conceded him. And he was adequately replaced.

Gibson stays if OU would have let him play PG.

Even if I concede Gibson, that is 2 out of how many?

Hill is the ONLY one. I've conceded him. And he was adequately replaced.

Gibson stays if OU would have let him play PG.

Even if I concede Gibson, that is 2 out of how many?
This is tough to know for sure. Jacob groves could have said I want this much to stay and ou said no. So he leaves. Never know 100% truth on many players.

I would expect this kid to either 1) get massive NIL deals that OU probably can't/won't match or 2) follow Schertz to Saint Louis but....

...man, metrics aside (haven't looked), he was one of my favorite players to watch all season. He can really play. Pipe dream for OU, obviously. He's from Indianapolis...so Indiana may throw a big ass bag his way.

Last edited:
Sounds like lots of Indiana State guys will follow their coach to St. Louis. I said a couple months ago that I would seriously consider him if/when we get rid of ol' Moser. Would have made the portal game a lot easier, too, if we had made the move this offseason.

Sounds like lots of Indiana State guys will follow their coach to St. Louis. I said a couple months ago that I would seriously consider him if/when we get rid of ol' Moser. Would have made the portal game a lot easier, too, if we had made the move this offseason.
I wonder if Robbie Avila will enter the portal. Wouldn’t mind seeing if his game translates to a higher level of competition.

Boswell is likely locked into Illinois. The kid is pretty damn good.

----------------

Back