MBB Transfer Portal Thread: Moser Year 4

Overton is going to visit WVU and Tech per Brody
I would think that would mean either we're a) slow playing the kid with an offer, or 2) he is after the biggest bag.

He isn't overly impressive to me. Wouldn't mind having him come off the bench.

We better be offering Miguel that same pedulla deal

His teammate, Chris Youngblood, entered the portal today. He might be better than Selton.

Chris -- pts 15.3, 3pm 2.1, rebs 2.5, apg 2.1, tov 1.4, ts% 60.8, 3p% 41.6, ws/40 .169, bpm 4.9, per 19.2
Selton -- pts 14.7, 3pm 2.2, rebs 3.2, apg 2.2, tov 1.8, ts% 53.5, 3p% 39.0, ws/40 .122, bpm 2.5, per 17.0

Keep seeing a lot of Tanner Groves wannabes listed here. Mid major bigs who aren't likely to really move the needle against constant big time competition.
Guys who are serviceable but won't make a major leap for the team.

We are not losing current players to much better NIL deals.

Who? North Texas? Georgia Tech? Wichita State? VCU? George Washington (Schroder shot 7.7% from three this year, LOL).

When is the last time OU lost a transfer to a better school? You have to go back to Manek. Hill took the UNLV bag. That's it. You can't spin that.
Jalen Hill - UNLV to name one. Umoja Gibson - Depaul to name another.

PG Sean Pedulla (VA Tech)

As we figured, and has been confirmed by OU basketball's only 100% dedicated "reporter", the teenager at OUI (not hating FWIW), Pedulla is immediately visiting OU after the dead period ends (Friday).

Ole Miss and Creighton, per discord, are OU's main competition.

Ole Miss and Creighton are also slugging it out with Washington (and others) for Texas Tech G Pop Isaacs....and just my opinion, a backcourt of Pedulla and Isaacs wouldn't work well....so it's one or the other.

OU's rumored NIL package: $300Kish and a car.

Sean's brother, Ciaran, is in the OU student database.

Prediction: Oklahoma. Stating the obvious. Hometown hero.

G/F Kevin Overton (Drake)

As most know by now, Overton visited OU before the dead period, and left uncommitted. He'll visit Texas Tech, where his high school coach is now employed, and West Virginia, where his former Drake coach (Darian DeVries) is now at.

I think Overton has nice potential. Credit to him for working his off to get to get to where he's at. I didn't think he was a major D1 talent at Norman North (neither did most schools, in fairness, including OU/OSU). But he's not a make-or-break recruit for me.

Prediction: Not sure, yet, lol.

PG JP Pegues (Furman)

1712673235956.png

That's 9:25 am today.

OU made JP's top 4 and there were some talks about a potential visit but I think OU's content with Pedulla, a bigger guard, like Selton Miguel (USF), and then a wing type like Overton.

PG Javon Small (Oklahoma State)

When he was rumored to hit the portal, the early talk was Michigan State. Since becoming official, the talk is now concentrated around South Carolina. Why?

1712673467220.png

Bree Hall = South Carolina WBB player and Javon's girlfriend.

South Carolina's (MBB) star player, last season, was a G named Meechie Johnson who hit the portal back to Ohio State. It creates a big opening for Javon to jump into.

Portal Bigs

No One Knows GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

Brandon Garrison (Oklahoma State) is still, technically, in the portal/available and OU clearly wants him. We're all kind of waiting on some kind of update/decision from him. As of today, most insiders expect him to stay in Stillwater. But nothing is finalized until it's finalized, of course.

After Garrison? So far, most of the kids OU has contacted and/or followed seem to end up falling off a cliff, so to speak. William Kyle III (South Dakota State), Pharrel Payne (Minnesota), Amari Williams (Drexel), & Lynn Kidd (VA Tech). Kidd is committed to Miami, Amari W is being recruited by Duke and several others (too pricey), Kyle III seems set on playing somewhere north, and Payne isn't being connected to OU anymore, as of now.

That leaves us with only Filip Borovicanin (Arizona) as the only known contact/target. A kid who averaged, checks notes, 5.6 minutes per game & 2.3 points per game. Does that mean he sucks? Not necessarily, as stated by @allday92, Filip played well in the FIBA U19 World Cup and landed at Arizona. You have to be at least functionally good to get a scholarship at Zona. But I guess my concern is two-fold: 1) OU needs truly impactful, ready-to-go starting big (or two) and I don't think that's Filip. If you want to tell Yaya to hit the mid major route and add Filip, fine. 2) from light reading, it seems like Zona nudged the kid out. Sort of admitting their mistake, if you will, or wanting someone better. As we see with Calipari, sometimes another man's trash is someone else's treasure but I doubt that'll apply here, lol

=======================================

@CoachTalk brought up the NIL/basketball camp stuff. This is very minor but....C&C (SANIL) couldn't 1) tag Jacolb Cole 2) tagged an Alabama player named Sam Walters instead of Sam Godwin. Minor? lol, yes, still gave me a slight laugh.

1712673537579.png

Last edited:

As we figured, and has been confirmed by OU basketball's only 100% dedicated "reporter", the teenager at OUI (not hating FWIW), Pedulla is immediately visiting OU after the dead period ends (Friday).

Ole Miss and Creighton are also slugging it out with Washington (and others) for Texas Tech G Pop Isaacs....and just my opinion, a backcourt of Pedulla and Isaacs wouldn't work well....so it's one or the other.

As most know by now, Overton visited OU before the dead period, and left uncommitted. He'll visit Texas Tech, where his high school coach is now employed, and West Virginia, where his former Drake coach (Darian DeVries) is now at.

I think Overton has nice potential. Credit to him for working his off to get to get to where he's at. I didn't think he was a major D1 talent at Norman North (neither did most schools, in fairness, including OU/OSU).

PG JP Pegues (Furman)

View attachment 1285

OU made JP's top 4 and there were some talks about a potential visit but I think OU's content with Pedulla, a bigger guard, like Selton Miguel (USF), and then a wing type like Overton.

When he was rumored to hit the portal, the early talk was Michigan State. Since becoming official, the talk is now concentrated around South Carolina. Why?

View attachment 1286

South Carolina's (MBB) star player, last season, was a G named Meechie Johnson who hit the portal back to Ohio State. It creates a big opening for Javon to jump into.

Portal Bigs

Brandon Garrison (Oklahoma State) is still, technically, in the portal/available and OU clearly wants him. We're all kind of waiting on some kind of update/decision from him. As of today, most insiders expect him to stay in Stillwater. But nothing is finalized until it's finalized, of course.

After Garrison? So far, most of the kids OU has contacted and/or followed seem to end up falling off a cliff, so to speak. William Kyle III (South Dakota State), Pharrel Payne (Minnesota), Amari Williams (Drexel), & Lynn Kidd (VA Tech). Kidd is committed to Miami, Amari W is being recruited by Duke and several others (too pricey), Kyle III seems set on playing somewhere north, and Payne isn't being connected to OU anymore, as of now.

That leaves us with only Filip Borovicanin (Arizona) as the only known contact/target. A kid who averaged, checks notes, 5.6 minutes per game & 2.3 points per game. Does that mean he sucks? Not necessarily, as stated by @allday92, Filip played well in the FIBA U19 World Cup and landed at Arizona. You have to be at least functionally good to get a scholarship at Zona. But I guess my concern is two-fold: 1) OU needs truly impactful, ready-to-go starting big (or two) and I don't think that's Filip. If you want to tell Yaya to hit the mid major route and add Filip, fine. 2) from light reading, it seems like Zona nudged the kid out. Sort of admitting their mistake, if you will, or wanting someone better. As we see with Calipari, sometimes another man's trash is someone else's treasure but I doubt that'll apply here, lol

@CoachTalk brought up the NIL/basketball camp stuff. This is very minor but....C&C (SANIL) couldn't 1) tag Jacolb Cole 2) tagged an Alabama player named Sam Walters instead of Sam Godwin. Minor? lol, yes, still gave me a slight laugh.

View attachment 1287
Godwin is going to be our starting 5 again, isn't he? :(

Ya.. I'm officially concerned with our Center position. Godwin is solid.. legit don't mind the guy getting 15-24 mins, but he doesn't help us space the floor at all and not a great defender.

I like Pedulla, but I think we need a real nice guard with size next to him.. (who is that?)
Overton or Cooper at the SF I like.
Moore/Cole or FR
Norweather could give you a little something.

Lol.

They'll add someone, eventually, but it definitely feels like they're being priced out on the best bigs right now while also waiting on Garrison. He won't read this, lol, but kid, just make a decision (stay or don't).

Godwin, Northweather, Yaya, Cole, and Atak....not good enough, IMO.

I think Overton has nice potential. Credit to him for working his off to get to get to where he's at. I didn't think he was a major D1 talent at Norman North (neither did most schools, in fairness, including OU/OSU). But he's not a make-or-break recruit for me.

PG JP Pegues (Furman)

View attachment 1285

View attachment 1286

Portal Bigs

View attachment 1287
Another note on Filip, he's a backup 3/4, and definitely not a center. So the staff needs to be contacting true centers in the portal

Back