MBB Transfer Portal Thread: Moser Year 4

We don’t know that he is and supposedly they lowered his offer.
Obviously, I don't doubt you but who/where was that said on the discord. I've been slow to truly get going today, lol. Have barely been on the Trilly 'cord.

Obviously, I don't doubt you but who/where was that said on the discord. I've been slow to truly get going today, lol. Have barely been on the Trilly 'cord.
They said it was on his Texas discord whatever that is. I myself didn’t see it so can’t help much.

Lusk is just trying to proclaim himself a recruiting and portal expert. I have zero respect for the way he does things. Being a reporter doesn't mean saying that every OU player or recruit is "elite" or posting eyeball emojis or GIFs of Moser each time OU "contacts" a player. Bob is older but has some of the same tendencies. Your job covering a team is to be honest about both the good and bad, not to try to flatter the program.
Agreed. Report the news, good or bad. Fluff the program is fine, but don't fail to report it because of that. Like the Overton situation. But give us info and updates.

The only defense for Lusk is he is literally just a kid and is learning from Thune and Drumm on his reporting style. That can't be a positive.

As far as Bobby alphabet, I thought he was as good as we have, and other than the superfans on this board or those that have inside connections, he probably still is the best in this market. However, I've noticed he isn't the first on "breaking" news, not as quick on the posts, and seems to not go as in depth on basketball as often. What he reports is still solid, but from what I can tell, this change in reporting started when they made the switch from Rivals to On3 and he picked up more responsibility, and more shift to football. Spread him more thin. Basically, Murdock and Josh decided basketball was less important, or so it seems based on the coverage and allocation of resources on their site.

But hey, I guess the thought is why should local reporters put a priority on media coverage when the University and athletic department doesn't themselves? Look at the OU Basketball SM accounts and the only marketing on it since the season ended, other than retweets from the Lakers, Hawks, or OU Athletics on Giving Day, was about the Locker Room renovation. Great tweet, but other programs do things to promote their program or players regularly. Or at least stay in front of the fans.

That is what we are missing- just having a taste or info on OU basketball. From any source.

Are they penciling Cooper in as a starter? Even with Pedulla, I personally would like to see us sign at least 2 more guards, preferably three.

PG - Pedulla / ????? / Forsythe
SG - Player A / Player C / Cooper
OG - Player B / Cooper
PF - Moore / Cole / Atak
C - Garrison (or other) / Godwin / Northweather

If Player A, B, or C can also play the point, that would be nice. If one of them is big enough to slide down and play the 4 like Soares, that would be nice.

There are questions even with that group of players, and that is signing Pedulla, Garrison, and 3 other guards that are all better than Maks.

If you sign Pedulla and just two other guards, you bringing guys like Cooper/Forsythe off the bench as the first subs.

Just a lot of questions still.

Are they penciling Cooper in as a starter? Even with Pedulla, I personally would like to see us sign at least 2 more guards, preferably three.

PG - Pedulla / ????? / Forsythe
SG - Player A / Player C / Cooper
OG - Player B / Cooper
PF - Moore / Cole / Atak
C - Garrison (or other) / Godwin / Northweather

If Player A, B, or C can also play the point, that would be nice. If one of them is big enough to slide down and play the 4 like Soares, that would be nice.

There are questions even with that group of players, and that is signing Pedulla, Garrison, and 3 other guards that are all better than Maks.

If you sign Pedulla and just two other guards, you bringing guys like Cooper/Forsythe off the bench as the first subs.

Just a lot of questions still.

Depends on who we sign. I prefer coop off the bench if we get a better veteran for the player A spot...

If A is real good. Let cooper roll at the 3 if hes ready ready.

I think we need 3 guards for sure, best guy we can find like moore and then Big (garrison hopefully)

This is a kid I really wanted OU to push hard for. Who knows maybe they "secretly" tried. IDK. Former Loyola recruit. He can ball. Would have been a better option than Overton, IMO.

Back