MBB Transfer Portal Thread: Moser Year 4

I think we can all agree Bob P. is a great guy but there is a NEED for a true insider in the OU beat for basketball. Brody is trying but need someone who is more established for the time being.
Lusk is just trying to proclaim himself a recruiting and portal expert. I have zero respect for the way he does things. Being a reporter doesn't mean saying that every OU player or recruit is "elite" or posting eyeball emojis or GIFs of Moser each time OU "contacts" a player. Bob is older but has some of the same tendencies. Your job covering a team is to be honest about both the good and bad, not to try to flatter the program.

No need for name-calling. :p (also welcome to every discussion with WT)

We all just need to relax. I know we are all antsy with the "will they, won't they" portal visits and commits. The silence is rough, but we all want the same goal. A successful Sooners squad.

Overton info should be heavy today. CT basically confirming he is gone by all the tea leaves and everything. So we focus on Pedulla/Garrison and hope there are more visits planned.

It sucks watching Texas get 3 big ones and 5+ visits soon
I respect your candor, but this is also a place to vent on the lack of success we've had in the Portal at this point. We're all frustrated with that as well. It's no secret, we had one of the least expensive rosters in the Big 12 last year in B-Ball. It's a bad look when our donors are giving money to freaking softball over a sport that generates way more revenue than softball.

I respect your candor, but this is also a place to vent on the lack of success we've had in the Portal at this point. We're all frustrated with that as well. It's no secret, we had one of the least expensive rosters in the Big 12 last year in B-Ball. It's a bad look when our donors are giving money to freaking softball over a sport that generates way more revenue than softball.
I agree with venting. I think its the same repetitive in-fighting that gets old.

But hey, to each their own. I am voicing my opinions on opinions so it's just a lot of the same anyway.

I am just as frustrated missing the tournament. I would rather just get completely obliterated and finish 150th in KenPom than finish in the FIRST FOUR OUT again. I was a make or break person for Moser last year. He missed, that should mean break, but I guess my pessimism is sitting in and fighting my optimism. If we get Garrison, I am back into positive. If we don't, then I dont know what the flipping heck this coaching staff is doing. I was half-joking when I said @StoopsBros and myself could put together a better roster...and it is getting to the point that I truly think we could if we miss on Garrison. Just no excuses to have lackluster development, outreach, and no direction pointing the ship in a positive way right now.

Anywho, back to stalking portalers

I agree with venting. I think its the same repetitive in-fighting that gets old.

But hey, to each their own. I am voicing my opinions on opinions so it's just a lot of the same anyway.

I am just as frustrated missing the tournament. I would rather just get completely obliterated and finish 150th in KenPom than finish in the FIRST FOUR OUT again. I was a make or break person for Moser last year. He missed, that should mean break, but I guess my pessimism is sitting in and fighting my optimism. If we get Garrison, I am back into positive. If we don't, then I dont know what the flipping heck this coaching staff is doing. I was half-joking when I said @StoopsBros and myself could put together a better roster...and it is getting to the point that I truly think we could if we miss on Garrison. Just no excuses to have lackluster development, outreach, and no direction pointing the ship in a positive way right now.

I completely agree

Agreed on everything. I don't see the in-fighting besides the one(s) attacking coach, which makes no damn sense. But hey, here we are.

OU is likely going to lose Overton to TTU and possibly Garrison to UT. Just absolutely horrible.

Their NIL game has to step up. UT is hosting 5 or more top transfers this week. And the money will flow like wine. Here, OU had to search under couch cushions to find a tiny bit of money.
OU can't compete with this....

....I'm partially kidding. Texas, no doubt, is out spending OU. If one were to say, "Texas doesn't really have a limit", they'd be close to accurate....money-wise. They, of course, have scholarship limits.

Right now, this is what Texas fans have on their depth chart:

1713192275829.png

Technically, PG Tyrese Hunter and F/C Dillon Mitchell aren't in the portal yet but as you can see, they're expected to.

Texas is also in the running for Air Force F Rytis Petraitis, Oregon State G Jordan Pope, Yale F/C Danny Wolf, and others. They expect to have 5+ visitors this week (as you stated).

And I know people want to think all these commitments means Garrison might get lost in the shuffle, I see it the opposite way. He probably wants to play on a good team and at least on the surface, Texas' roster is shaping up nicely. Does that mean Garrison takes the UT trip? Ends up committing to UT? I have no idea on either, yet.

I guess I'd ask; what separates OU? It's not money. It's not their roster. Location, I suppose, but who really knows if that'll win out. All we can do is see, I suppose.

-----

I don't know why anyone would ever label Overton visiting Tech a "courtesy visit". We could see that happening the minute he hit the portal. When he hit, the thoughts were Oklahoma (local), Tech (HS coach), and West Virginia (Drake's HC is there). WVU, I'm guessing, without any true knowledge, is just too far for KO/fam. Tech is recruiting him hard. If you know their roster right now, you'd understand why:

1713192916518.png

Whoever inputted the above depth chart failed to notate that Jazz Henderson is a walk-on. Tech has 5 current scholarship players, in other words. They need scoring help. That's their sell to KO, obviously. OU thought, rather foolishly, that being the home team would be enough. I wouldn't say it's a done deal, just yet, but Tech looks to have won out (barring a late change).

Tech has a GM...

Something OU should have but that's entirely another lengthy discussion, lol. This staff has no "juice". I could write a 1000+ words on it. :mad:

....I'm partially kidding. Texas, no doubt, is out spending OU. If one were to say, "Texas doesn't really have a limit", they'd be close to accurate....money-wise. They, of course, have scholarship limits.

View attachment 1335

Technically, PG Tyrese Hunter and F/C Dillon Mitchell aren't in the portal yet but as you can see, they're expected to.

Texas is also in the running for Air Force F Rytis Petraitis, Oregon State G Jordan Pope, Yale F/C Danny Wolf, and others. They expect to have 5+ visitors this week (as you stated).

And I know people want to think all these commitments means Garrison might get lost in the shuffle, I see it the opposite way. He probably wants to play on a good team and at least on the surface, Texas' roster is shaping up nicely. Does that mean Garrison takes the UT trip? Ends up committing to UT? I have no idea on either, yet.

I guess I'd ask; what separates OU? It's not money. It's not their roster. Location, I suppose, but who really knows if that'll win out. All we can do is see, I suppose.

-----

I don't know why anyone would ever label Overton visiting Tech a "courtesy visit". We could see that happening the minute he hit the portal. When he hit, the thoughts were Oklahoma (local), Tech (HS coach), and West Virginia (Drake's HC is there). WVU, I'm guessing, without any true knowledge, is just too far for KO/fam. Tech is recruiting him hard. If you know their roster right now, you'd understand why:

View attachment 1336

Whoever inputted the above depth chart failed to notate that Jazz Henderson is a walk-on. Tech has 5 current scholarship players, in other words. They need scoring help. That's their sell to KO, obviously. OU thought, rather foolishly, that being the home team would be enough. I wouldn't say it's a done deal, just yet, but Tech looks to have won out (barring a late change).

Tech has a GM...

Something OU should have but that's entirely another lengthy discussion, lol. This staff has no "juice". I could write a 1000+ words on it. :mad:

Get a damn GM, Sooners! Ugh.

View attachment 1335

-----

View attachment 1336

Tech has a GM...

Fun fact. We went down to Austin last year and took a boat out on that lake at sunset to watch the bats emerge from the bridge. It was lots of fun.

OU made his top (whatever) list. Maybe 8, I never cared.

He wanted too much money. I don't blame OU at all here, he wasn't worth the price/headache.

@StoopsBros What all do you need to be the GM? A free Trilly's discord subscription, three computer monitors, some Jordan gear and a company car?
Lol.

In all seriousness, you could maybe find a young big-brained dude from the Thunder. Someone who's learned a lot under Presti. I don't know their front office good enough to throw out a name. There are big differences between the NBA and college but I think the right kind of guy could mesh the two and be fine. As we all know, even if it's in a non-viewing (games) sense, OKC's front office has been really good for a long time (save for some purposeful tanking).

Or how about this, hire the damn guy from Tech who just whipped your ass on Overton.

Moser, as has been stated too many times to count, is a control freak though. I don't know if he'd ever let someone manage/control things. I've seen zero talk about hiring anyone new for OU.

Could argue both sports that we adored are now gone. Pay for play is all it is. Sad stuff.
I wouldnt argue against it.. football has naturally more stability bc the amount of players needed.. bball is 1000% ruined.

Back