MBB Transfer Portal Thread: Moser Year 4

Duh. They've been in contact for a year+.

No Creighton is a bit of a surprise, though.

I haven't been paying a ton of attention to the "heard from" lists. Is this the first one that includes Houston?

Besides being small, Pedulla also shoots pretty poorly from 3. I haven’t really watched him to know his game, but just looking at his stats. Not sure how pairing him and McCollum would work out.

Besides being small, Pedulla also shoots pretty poorly from 3. I haven’t really watched him to know his game, but just looking at his stats. Not sure how pairing him and McCollum would work out.
Agreed. Not sure those guys would pair well. One or the other? Okay. Maybe could work with one coming off the bench, but I don't see either wanting to do that.

Pedulla
Javian
someone here
Moore
Garrison

Add another transfer (G/F)
Northweather
Cooper
Godwin
Forsythe
Atak
Cole
Keita (if he's still at OU)

That'll work. If Keita does leave, even better.

-----

This made me laugh. St Bon...is dealing with more out of eligibility kids than portal departures. They have decent NIL though (Wojo - ESPN). They'll find some players. Good coach.

IMG_0692.png

I get gripping about some things but just say you don’t like him. He’s a good player.

Yeah, I'm probably out on Lampkin. He's useful but is it worth it? Could be an instant locker room issue. It worked for the Buffs but he became a malcontent at TCU.

He'll probably take some of Georgetown's newly found NIL money. He almost followed Cooley last offseason.

"Moser's offense sucks"

Well, one way to change that? Get another dude who can put the orange ball in the hoop.

Pedulla can stroke it. His numbers did drop while at VT but...I'd expect them to improve in a new situation. He definitely needs to get the TOs down in the 1.5 range. 3.3 is outrageous.

Pedulla
Javian
someone here
Moore
Garrison

Add another transfer (G/F)
Northweather
Cooper
Godwin
Forsythe
Atak
Cole
Keita (if he's still at OU)

That'll work. If Keita does leave, even better.

-----

This made me laugh. St Bon...is dealing with more out of eligibility kids than portal departures. They have decent NIL though (Wojo - ESPN). They'll find some players. Good coach.

IMG_0692.png
Not trying to be rude (lol), but "that'll work"?

Ugh.....I don't see that as a very good team, depending on who the 3rd guard is. Not very good meaning probably a ceiling of what this year's team was, if not worse. Just don't see a ton to get excited about, and then you turn around and lose Pedulla, JM, Moore, and I think Godwin after that. Other than Garrison on defense, that roster looks to be worse on defense and offense than this year's team. Again, assuming that third guard isn't a stud.

"Moser's offense sucks"

Well, one way to change that? Get another dude who can put the orange ball in the hoop.

Pedulla can stroke it. His numbers did drop while at VT but...I'd expect them to improve in a new situation. He definitely needs to get the TOs down in the 1.5 range. 3.3 is outrageous.
Pedulla with JM and Milos would be fine. If you can generate offense from all 3 guard positions, it would help overcome the defensive limitations that come with JM and Pedulla.

My biggest concern about him isn't the height, defense, or even the 3PT%- all legitimate concerns. It's the turnovers.

Averaged 3.3 TO per game last year to his 4.6 APG. As a JR starter, avg 2.1 TO PG the previous year on 3.8 APG.

That puts his APG/TO right above 1.4 PG for last year and his career. Not ideal for a starting PG. Milos, even with his jump in the air and pass backwards was about 2.2 last year.

Good player and nice APG and PPG, but I would prefer a starting PG above 2.0 on APG/TO.

Back