MBB Transfer Portal Thread: Moser Year 4

Well, that was lucky timing on my part. Had zero idea that was about to happen lol.
Quick, name a bunch of other players we can lure out!!!

Seriously though, he is available, numbers are meh...but it's not like we have seen who the staff have contacted so far...
1715192412346.png

Ortg and Drtg are big oof

*Edit: Updated to add freshman season numbers

Quick, name a bunch of other players we can lure out!!!

Seriously though, he is available, numbers are meh...but it's not like we have seen who the staff have contacted so far...
View attachment 1789

Ortg and Drtg are big oof

*Edit: Updated to add freshman season numbers
I think playing with Pullin & Clayton this year made it a more challenging fit. He’s got the ability, just needs to put it all together.

I think/hope Atak is more likely to play than Forsythe.

From what I've heard, Atak is pretty raw. His biggest advantage over Forsythe in regard to early PT is positional depth, but if we land a quality 5 that can take up most of the minutes at that position alongside Godwin, I'm hopeful that Cole will be good enough take most of the minutes at the 4 spot when Moore isn't on the floor. I'm fully prepared to get limited production from him this year and then lose him to the portal when Moser leaves.

Did I miss something? Is Moser leaving after this season? Or is that just an assumption? It's hard to tell on this board...I too believe we need to pick up a veteran Big instead of relying on Atak & Godwin, but who knows if we will....I don't understand why Kieta doesn't play? Is he really that bad? I felt the same about Cooper too..

Did I miss something? Is Moser leaving after this season? Or is that just an assumption? It's hard to tell on this board...I too believe we need to pick up a veteran Big instead of relying on Atak & Godwin, but who knows if we will....I don't understand why Kieta doesn't play? Is he really that bad? I felt the same about Cooper too..

Assumption.

But seemingly, if he has a bad year, he's likely to be fired. If he has a great year, he's likely to secure a different job. I never truly believed the Depaul situation, but that was either an unsuccessful attempt to leverage the arena, or he really wants to GTFO. Depaul sucks. I mope about the state of our program, but we are lightyears ahead of them.

Assumption.

But seemingly, if he has a bad year, he's likely to be fired. If he has a great year, he's likely to secure a different job. I never truly believed the Depaul situation, but that was either an unsuccessful attempt to leverage the arena, or he really wants to GTFO. Depaul sucks. I mope about the state of our program, but we are lightyears ahead of them.
Worst case scenario is he barely has a good enough year to hang on to the job by a thread.

Worst case scenario is he barely has a good enough year to hang on to the job by a thread.
- 19 win season and missed but was SOOOO NEATO close (first left out third time), and/or;

- 20 win season and we barely get in and get absolutely dominated 1st round (imo even making the tournament will likely do much for me at this point, but it depends on the context so well see..).

As of now the roster on paper is not good enough to make the tournament. He’ll be gone if he misses again imo

As of now the roster on paper is not good enough to make the tournament. He’ll be gone if he misses again imo

I’m not convinced of this yet. I think it would take a worst in the sec type year for ou to pay his buyout. We aren’t close to being the embarrassment some believe us to be. Context matters to the people who make the decisions.

I’m not convinced of this yet. I think it would take a worst in the sec type year for ou to pay his buyout. We aren’t close to being the embarrassment some believe us to be. Context matters to the people who make the decisions.
OU and OSU are the only Big 12 teams not to have made the tourney in the three years Moser has been in Norman (not counting the new schools that just joined the conference). That's . . . pretty damn embarrassing for a P5 school.

Back