MBB Transfer Portal Thread: Moser Year 4

I wanted cooper to stay. Always watched him in warm ups. But from what I saw in the games he played and in warm up’s, he was not close to the athlete Moore is. Maybe he needs time to adjust, but from what I saw, that is a huge stretch.
I’m going directly off what Kevin Henry said at least twice on broadcasts. He obviously sees them in practice, not just warmups, and played the game in college himself. IIRC, he suggested Cooper was right there with Waldo, just a touch behind Moore.

Garrison - committed to the highest bidder..a school he never even visited, and there’s no shame in losing a recruit to Kentucky.

Ugonna - how long was PM supposed to wait? I LOVE his shot blocking and rebounding, but that’s all he can do.

Achor - couldn’t get into OU (or some other schools it sounds like). Not sure that PM’s fault.

Wague - numbers don’t stick out at first glance, BUT, he only played 8.5 mpg. When you look at his stats on a 40 mpg, Wague averages 16 ppg/40 and 12 rpg/40. Compare that to Ugonna: 8 ppg/40 and 10 rpg/40. Wague is a better scoring option and slightly better rebounder, but isn’t the shot blocker that Ugonna is.

For comparison, Garrisons numbers per 40 min are 13 ppg and 9 rpg. Looking at it from that lens, maybe Wague is a little better than some think. Time will tell.
I choose optimism. He had 11 points in 20 min against Purdue.

For the last few years they have had better bigs than us. The Avery brother and Cisse and then Garrison. I truly believe that PM just doesn’t know what a gifted athletic big looks like. It frustrates me to no end.
Everyone has better bigs than us. Turn on any random P5/P6 game, and there is a 95% chance both teams have better bigs than OU.

It's a mystery that will never be solved.

Wague is more athletic than Godwin, Hugely and Northweather. Not sure anyone can watch his film and argue otherwise. I'm not saying he'll be a bigtime player for us, but he's the most athletic 5 we've had since Kur Kuath. Also of note, he was pretty buried last season at Alabama behind Grant Nelson (37 mpg) who may get drafted and Nick Pringle (18pmg), Jarin Stevenson (16 mpg) & Sam Walters (12 mpg). That's 4 guys 6'10" or taller. We had 2 Godwin and Northweather. Hugely was not 6'10" as he was listed. Again not saying he's going to come in and be a stud, just some added context.

I don't hate it as a backup 5. I was just hoping for a starting 5, and I'm having a hard time understanding where the Richmond money went.

decent portion probably nwankwo but most probably going to football now hah!

I'd rather have more of a true guard, a 1/2 guy. If we get Nwankwo and that's it, we're going to be sliding some guys down a position, which is something I personally don't love doing. We'll be big, I'm just not sure we'll be able to defend and create on offense.

It probably wasn’t cheap to get Nwankwo away from Cal, I bet their collective is decent.

I also bet there’s an arbitrary salary cap created by the people who fund OU’s NILs, especially basketball. They probably don’t want to be paying average guys inflated $$$ given what little Moser has accomplished.

It seems clear whatever money was available for Richmond, wasn’t available for everyone.

It probably wasn’t cheap to get Nwankwo away from Cal, I bet their collective is decent.

I also bet there’s an arbitrary salary cap created by the people who fund OU’s NILs, especially basketball. They probably don’t want to be paying average guys inflated $$$ given what little Moser has accomplished.

It seems clear whatever money was available for Richmond, wasn’t available for everyone.
I heard the donors offered $1M for every tournament appearance under Moser. Haven’t had to open their checkbooks yet!

Lighten up, those of you already drafting your replies! It’s a joke.

I'd rather have more of a true guard, a 1/2 guy. If we get Nwankwo and that's it, we're going to be sliding some guys down a position, which is something I personally don't love doing. We'll be big, I'm just not sure we'll be able to defend and create on offense.
I've seen him listed at 6'6" & 6'7"....if he is in that range he could be a 3 maybe?

Back