MBB Transfer Portal Thread: Moser Year 4

I see that sentiment. But he avg 18mins a game. To me that’s a part time player. He does a ton for Okla. sure I want an elite big man but he is more than serviceable.
Yes he is serviceable… if you want to finish at the bottom half of your league.his strengths: works his tail off at offensive rebounding. Weaknesses: no mid range game, no 3 point game and when his comp is as tall and more athletic, which most will be, he struggles to even make a lay up. Btw I don’t hate Sam he is just not a power 5 player. At least not a starter.

Yes he is serviceable… if you want to finish at the bottom half of your league.his strengths: works his tail off at offensive rebounding. Weaknesses: no mid range game, no 3 point game and when his comp is as tall and more athletic, which most will be, he struggles to even make a lay up. Btw I don’t hate Sam he is just not a power 5 player. At least not a starter.

Try to at least be objective…?

Shot 60% from the floor… I’d say he made most of layups.

Led the conference in offensive rebounds in 18mins per game.

To say he isn’t power 5? Is absolutely clownish.

Can’t talk about a player that is finishing a class at another school. He is at bama.

Sam is a good player. I don’t understand the hate. Ill Take a Sam on every OU team till I die.
As a bench big.
Sam isn’t just “on the team.” He is being counted on to start for the second straight season. I’d love to have a Sam on every OU team as an 8th or 9th man who could provide a few minutes per half while backing up an SEC or Big 12 caliber starter. But alas …
This.
Try to at least be objective…?

Shot 60% from the floor… I’d say he made most of layups.

Led the conference in offensive rebounds in 18mins per game.

To say he isn’t power 5? Is absolutely clownish.
Sam got bodied by Big12 bigs the last 2 years. He is too slow with his pivot feet and fouls at such a high rate that he is always in foul trouble within the first few minutes it seems. That is why he only played 18 mpg per game. Most other big in the Top-10 for ORs had around 25-28 mpg. He has a high OR% but that is it. He is not on the leaderboards for anything else. Let's be objective here.

He is should not be a power 5 starter, he is a G5 starter. Not clownish and will stand by that statement until he makes some AMAZING leap that will not happen.

Sam isn’t the problem. It’s that we lost a solid big man in Hugley (when healthy) and replaced him with a complete JAG.

Sam + Hugley was perfectly fine. Ou was going to be a solid seed in the tourney with a healthy Hugley rest of the year.

As a bench big.

This.

Sam got bodied by Big12 bigs the last 2 years. He is too slow with his pivot feet and fouls at such a high rate that he is always in foul trouble within the first few minutes it seems. That is why he only played 18 mpg per game. Most other big in the Top-10 for ORs had around 25-28 mpg. He has a high OR% but that is it. He is not on the leaderboards for anything else. Let's be objective here.

He is should not be a power 5 starter, he is a G5 starter. Not clownish and will stand by that statement until he makes some AMAZING leap that will not happen.
Thank you. Couldn’t have said it better

View attachment 2038
To be honest, I stopped caring....so LA Tech is a bit of a surprise but it's pretty similar to Marshall and/or Louisiana. Eh, maybe he'll get the ball/featured so we can see what he truly has.
The great hope.. ends up at a low middie. He was so poor on the court last year you have to imagine what it was like in practice. Wish him luck.

View attachment 2038
To be honest, I stopped caring....so LA Tech is a bit of a surprise but it's pretty similar to Marshall and/or Louisiana. Eh, maybe he'll get the ball/featured so we can see what he truly has.
We essentially traded Cooper for Nwankwo. I think I am fine with that at this point. I think Nwankwo is more ready for this level that KC is. I wish KC the best though.

We essentially traded Cooper for Nwankwo. I think I am fine with that at this point. I think Nwankwo is more ready for this level that KC is. I wish KC the best though.
I'd say Nwankwo is replacing Darthard or Soares minutes.

McCollum/Miles
Oweh/Elvis
Uzan/Jones
Moore/Moore
Godwin/Godwin
Soares/Goodine
Darthard/Nwanko
Hugley/Wague
Northweather/Northweather
Cooper/Atak
Cole/Cole
Klanjscek/Forsythe
Keita/Keita

I'd say Nwankwo is replacing Darthard or Soares minutes.

McCollum/Miles
Oweh/Elvis
Uzan/Jones
Moore/Moore
Godwin/Godwin
Soares/Goodine
Darthard/Nwanko
Hugley/Wague
Northweather/Northweather
Cooper/Atak
Cole/Cole
Klanjscek/Forsythe
Keita/Keita
What I meant was, we weren’t getting Nwankwo until Cooper decided to leave…and that I like that “trade”. I thought that was obvious.

What I meant was, we weren’t getting Nwankwo until Cooper decided to leave…and that I like that “trade”. I thought that was obvious.
Yup. Cooper wasn’t that good obviously. But it was the end of OU hoops when he announced he was leaving. By the normal 🤡s that aren’t OU fans anyway. Just trolls. OU

Yup. Cooper wasn’t that good obviously. But it was the end of OU hoops when he announced he was leaving. By the normal 🤡s that aren’t OU fans anyway. Just trolls. OU
Clearly the real fans are the ones who use the clown emoji in every post and end every post with a random "OU" at the end. Your six posts have greatly enhanced everyone's knowledge of the program since coming aboard.

As for Cooper, I wish him well. He likely has a better chance of playing in the tourney this year at LA Tech than he would have at OU.

I've been posting on OU message boards about OU hoops since around 1997.

You registered for this site last month.

Don't talk to me about who is a real fan and who isn't. I'll stack my "fandom" credentials against anybody that posts here.

As for Cooper, I wish him well. He likely has a better chance of playing in the tourney this year at LA Tech than he would have at OU.

Another embarrassing take by you

Cooper grossly overestimated his own value and ended up at a bumass program.

Don't talk to me about who is a real fan and who isn't. I'll stack my "fandom" credentials against anybody that posts here.

So much cringe in one post.

I see that sentiment. But he avg 18mins a game. To me that’s a part time player. He does a ton for Okla. sure I want an elite big man but he is more than serviceable.

He's a serviceable backup. He should not be our starter, but Moser was lameducked after Selection Sunday.

Another embarrassing take by you

Cooper grossly overestimated his own value and ended up at a bumass program.
Which part is wrong? Tech has at least as good a chance to make the tourney as OU. They at least have a realistic shot at winning their league tournament.

But I guess as the guy who continues to insist Moser has pretty much equalled Lon through three years, you know plenty about embarrassing takes. I guess my embarrassing takes would be … predicting weeks before Selection Sunday that our schedule could keep us out of the dance? Suggesting that Moser was full of crap when he talked about playing fast? Not getting on the Northweather hype train?

LMAO

there is no reason to reference anyone's children on this site ever.

Last edited by a moderator:

I’ll admit you’re a bigger fan than me. My day doesn’t get ruined after an OU win.

Back