MBB Transfer Portal Thread: Moser Year 4

Which part is wrong? Tech has at least as good a chance to make the tourney as OU. They at least have a realistic shot at winning their league tournament.
OU has been very close to making the tournament the last 2 years with rebuilt rosters. La Tech hasn't made it in for over 30 years or so. Cooper didn't help OU, so I don't suppose he will make the difference at La Tech this season.

OU has been very close to making the tournament the last 2 years with rebuilt rosters. La Tech hasn't made it in for over 30 years or so. Cooper didn't help OU, so I don't suppose he will make the difference at La Tech this season.
Please at least get your facts right. I keep seeing people post this about the past two years. Two years ago, we were well under .500 and wouldn't have made the tourney if it included 80 teams. You are referring to 2022, but try to get it right.

More to the point, I am looking at which team is more likely to make it this season. Neither will be an at large team, and I think it is a lot more likely that Tech will win their conference tourney than OU. Although maybe Moser's strategy of not playing guys because he wrongly assumes we are a lock will confuse SEC teams.

You're overlooking the fact that he said play on a tourney team. It sounds like Cooper wasn't going to get much playing time this year. Can't play on a tourney team if you don't play!

Please at least get your facts right. I keep seeing people post this about the past two years. Two years ago, we were well under .500 and wouldn't have made the tourney if it included 80 teams. You are referring to 2022, but try to get it right.

More to the point, I am looking at which team is more likely to make it this season. Neither will be an at large team, and I think it is a lot more likely that Tech will win their conference tourney than OU. Although maybe Moser's strategy of not playing guys because he wrongly assumes we are a lock will confuse SEC teams.

So you expect Cooper to be the catalyst to get them in the tournament for the first time since 1991? And they have a better chance than we do?

It's funny you are willing to die on the hill of Cooper was so good and PM was an idiot for not playing him.

Last edited:
So you expect Cooper to be the catalyst to get them in the tournament for the first time since 1991? And they have a better chance than we do?

It's funny you are willing to die on the hill of Cooper was so good and PM was an idiot for not playing him.
Where did I say he would be the catalyst? I’ll eagerly await you finding any evidence of that. And yes, I think they have a significantly better chance of winning their conference tournament than we do of winning the SEC tournament. I bet that when the conference tourney tips off, we will probably be about 20 to 1 to win it.

Where did I say he would be the catalyst? I’ll eagerly await you finding any evidence of that. And yes, I think they have a significantly better chance of winning their conference tournament than we do of winning the SEC tournament. I bet that when the conference tourney tips off, we will probably be about 20 to 1 to win it.

Didn’t realize sec was a 1 bid league

Well obviously you thought he would help give them a better chance to qualify for the tournament after a 33 year drought than OU having a chance to get in. You do realize OU is 13-2 vs SEC teams since 2018-2019, right (including 6-2 under PM)? I think we will be pretty competitive in the league. Not saying we'll waltz through it but we will be competitive.

Honestly, this is not me trying to argue with you. Just mere back and forth banter but if you hate the program so much right now, why spend the energy on it? Because it takes way more effort to argue how bad it is than to just step away from it for a while.

Last edited:
Well obviously you thought he would help give them a better chance to qualify for the tournament after a 33 year drought than OU having a chance to get in. You do realize OU is 13-2 vs SEC teams since 2018-2019, right (including 6-2 under PM)? I think we will be pretty competitive in the league. Not saying we'll waltz through it but we will be competitive.

Honestly, this is not me trying to argue with you. Just mere back and forth banter but if you hate the program so much right now, why spend the energy on it? Because it takes way more effort to argue how bad it is than to just step away from it for a while.
lol it’s so insulting to read all the crap about hating the program and not being a fan. The program has not been good in three seasons. You won’t find a single preseason projection that has us in the field. Most national analysts will have us near the bottom of the conference. Unless you want to rely on Brody Lusk or Bob P, almost everyone acknowledges that we have had a very bad offseason. I don’t hate the program but I hate how irrelevant we have become since hiring the human culture wall.

lol it’s so insulting to read all the crap about hating the program and not being a fan. The program has not been good in three seasons. You won’t find a single preseason projection that has us in the field. Most national analysts will have us near the bottom of the conference. Unless you want to rely on Brody Lusk or Bob P, almost everyone acknowledges that we have had a very bad offseason. I don’t hate the program but I hate how irrelevant we have become since hiring the human culture wall.
Good thing preseason projections aren’t reality. I know that’s not much fun for you.

Good thing preseason projections aren’t reality. I know that’s not much fun for you.
How about postseason reality? You’re the one who gets wrapped up in what you think “should” have happened and how we supposedly got screwed two of three years. I’m only focused on whether we actually play NCAA tournament games.

It has been a lot longer than 3 seasons since we have been good. Try April of 2016. It isn’t just Porter. That said, the SEC is not as strong and we have won against their top teams. It’s expect OU to make the tourney .. and if not I expect a new coach.

Might also be nice to not have the Big12 referee headwind we have had since announcing the SEC move.

It has been a lot longer than 3 seasons since we have been good. Try April of 2016. It isn’t just Porter. That said, the SEC is not as strong and we have won against their top teams. It’s expect OU to make the tourney .. and if not I expect a new coach.

Might also be nice to not have the Big12 referee headwind we have had since announcing the SEC move.
In 2016, we finished third in the Big 12; we also finished third in the conference in 2020. We'll never know how that 2020 team would have done in the Big 12 tourney and the NCAA tourney, but it's not really fair to dismiss that team.

Back