Kur KuathPortalTanner GrovesStayedTanner GrovesGradSam GodwinStayed
Elijah HarklessPortalJacob GrovesStayedOtega OwehStayedOtega OwehPortal
Alondes WilliamsPortalCJ NolandStayedCJ NolandPortalLe'Tre DarthardGrad
Jalen HillStayedEthan ChargoisGradSam GodwinStayedJohn Hugley IVPortal
Victor IwuakorPortalMarvin JohnsonGradJoe BamisilePortalLuke NorthweatherStayed
Trey PhippsPortalBijan CortesStayedBijan CortesPortalMaks KlanjscekGrad

View attachment 1211
*Top-10 statistical roster spots

These hurt to see...returning from the starting 5, is not a good look. 2 portaling from your starting 5 every year.
I think Gibson and Sherwood leaving killed us the most of all of these

Obviously there are 3 divisions we as fans have.

Porter isn’t the guy
Porter is the guy
Not sure on porter

It’s all just words and opinions that no one is going to change. All the arguments for all sides don’t mean squat.

Even those who claim to have inside info really don’t know unless you are personal friends with moser and Joe c.

There aren’t many ou hoops boards that people are invested in. This is it… guessing why there is such a division.

Guess we’ll see what happens in the next couple of years… hope we get back to the OU bball I remember.
Boomer

stfu already
Thanks for the intelligent insight. I’m sure you also were livid when I was stupid enough to post that as might not make the tourney and that CW Moser was full of crap when he pumped up our pace all offseason. Keep those crimson glasses on and keep living in denial about the state of the program. Maybe you can get some use out of them during the eclipse next week.

Pretty sure it won't matter who the coach is. OU's basketball program just doesn't have the money to deal with this. Getting a new coach will probably be more of a downgrade. At best we get OKPreps kids that are not good enough for SEC play.

Thanks for the intelligent insight. I’m sure you also were livid when I was stupid enough to post that as might not make the tourney and that CW Moser was full of crap when he pumped up our pace all offseason. Keep those crimson glasses on and keep living in denial about the state of the program. Maybe you can get some use out of them during the eclipse next week.
You are the worst poster on this wonderful board...that's what I (and many others) think of you. Congrats for achieving that level.

Pretty sure it won't matter who the coach is. OU's basketball program just doesn't have the money to deal with this. Getting a new coach will probably be more of a downgrade. At best we get OKPreps kids that are not good enough for SEC play.
And yet we always made the tourney in an era where we played clean and others cheated.

And yet we always made the tourney in an era where we played clean and others cheated.
Yeah we had players develop over years. That doesn't happen in this era unless you got a ton of NIL paying players. We don't have that and probably won't have it set up anytime soon because our fans don't really care about basketball like it or not.

I play with my kid for like 2 hrs and miss 3-4 pages of you all bickering? Holy moly. Let's relax. Portal thread.

Sucks on Mayo, but writing was on the wall.

Ill also add a retrospective on players leaving during Moser and how they did after. Off the top of my head, no big "they improved so much!" I can recall without a drop down in comp. Will see.

Moore (?) good
Goodwin ok
Cooper don’t know
Cole don’t know
Norweather less than ok
Yeti (?) not good

Two fr coming in

This is what we have coming back? Ouch

Indiana st is 31-6 and didn’t make it in… wow.

(Obviously they’ve won a few nit games)

I mostly agree with this. If we don’t get our NIL up to a competitive level, nothing else will matter. I think we can find much better coaches than porter moser but there’s no way we’ll be able to hold on to them with our limitations. Once the next coach has some success, IF we find any success, they will be hired away by someone else that has better NIL and supports their program better, like almost everyone in the SEC.

I love the move to the SEC during this environment because it’s the only way to survive right now. However, the entire AD, Alumni, and fan base had better be ready to step it up across the board or we’re going to be a cellar dweller.

Back